Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:55 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,228,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
they would be slightly better off, but only b/c of their white skin and the preference that other whites would give them. I lived in west hollywood, calif for 8 years and witnessed the non-assimilation of the russian immigrants. They were just as welfare loving as any other immigrant class and were rude (their custom) also. They were always using food stamps and living in gov't housing. they also had "ethnic advocates" who helped them use their refugee status to qualify for all of the freebies that we taxpaying Americans are forced to pay for. god help us if they ever became a sizable minority in this country.
Needless to say: if illegal-----------pitch their asses out of the USA as well.

Better a Mexican Mayan couple from Chiapas who immigrate here legally than a group of Russians who are 'mojados'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 04:28 PM

117 posts, read 294,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Well, I consider myself just the opposite of politically correct. I prefer to talk in terms of reality. I was a Russian linguist with a minor in Russian history in the military, so I know a little bit about Russians. I also have a son in law who is a legal Mexican. So I think that anything that I say should only be interpreted as racist by other actual racists.

Russian illegals mostly speak English and are well educated. Because they speak English and are educated they can support themselves without welfare. Because they are caucasian they can assimilate seamlessly.

Illegal Mexicans mostly don't speak much English and are poorly educated. They are scabs brought in by American corporations to undercut, break and displace American low skilled workers. They don't really assimilate very well. They all qualify for welfare and are a drain of the US.

It seems to me, although all illegals need to be deported, that the Russians are a much better and more desirable class of illegals that Mexicans. Did I cover it well enough?

I love it.
Being Russian doesn't automatically mean that you're an assimilated rocket scientists who can speak perfect English and never go on welfare. No one in the world is that perfect. On the other side, being Mexican doesn't automatically mean that you're a poorly educated scab who refuses to learn English and are the devils of the world. Illegal is illegal, no matter how well you speak English and educated you are.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:29 PM

10,265 posts, read 16,015,780 times
It might be a similar situation, given an additional concern about Russian spies. But then there are Mexican Aztlan fanatics who hate this country and may sabotage us if given the chance on behalf of Mexico.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
It might be a similar situation, given an additional concern about Russian spies. But then there are Mexican Aztlan fanatics who hate this country and may sabotage us if given the chance on behalf of Mexico.
Those Aztlan people I am not that worried about for some reason----------if nothing else, quite a few other 'Latinos' would likely rat them out first.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:57 PM

10,265 posts, read 16,015,780 times
And I refuse to speak a foreign language to get around in my own country no matter what foreign language.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:39 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,930,759 times
I think assimilation would be an easier process since Russia is so much further away than Mexico. Also, Mexican and American cultures share similarities while Russian culture is so different that I doubt it would be catered to (discouraging assimilation).

On the negative: for all we hear about Hispanic immigrant street gangs in LA and whatnot, it is a better alternative to a massive Russian Mafia presence. Russian Mafia would make the Mob look like a joke.

Interesting idea though. Considering how the vast majority of Americans mistakenly view Latinos as being a separate race from white people, while Russians being the same race, assimilation would probably be encouraged more to the Russians.

Edit just noticed the topic was about illegal immigration, not legal. In that case, the Russians should be deported as quickly as the Mexicans.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:48 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,930,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
I think there would be a hell of alot more attractive women in the U.S if the majority of the illegals in this country were from Russia and not from Mexico/Central America. There is a reason why Russian mail order brides are in alot more demand than Hispanic mail order brides.
Maybe that's because only a fool would pay for a mail order bride from Mexico when you can just meet a Mexican woman at most U.S. cities.

P.S. Your racism gives us other anti-illegals a bad name.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:00 PM

759 posts, read 3,191,898 times
i cant speak for all Russians but they have an incredible will to learn. I have several Russian friends. Most have PhD's or masters....but that maybe the exception. But like the Italian, Irish, Chinese, Indian, Vietnamese immigrants, etc. They have all improved their status for the most part and today speak English...sure there are pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
Do you think they would have done a better job than illegal Hispanic immigrants when it comes to learning English and assimilating into American society ? How do you think the quality of life in Los Angeles for example would be like if they were the city with the second largest Russian population in the world, second only to Moscow.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon7 View Post
i cant speak for all Russians but they have an incredible will to learn. I have several Russian friends. Most have PhD's or masters....but that maybe the exception. But like the Italian, Irish, Chinese, Indian, Vietnamese immigrants, etc. They have all improved their status for the most part and today speak English...sure there are pockets.
And; virtually all of the above came here legally----------an ocean tends to separate the wheat from the chaff quite well

Old 01-20-2009, 07:13 PM

638 posts, read 1,922,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If anything: despite Russians being 'Anglo'; I honestly think they would be deported a lot more quickly. Why I say that is Russian culture is more militaristic than Mexico's hence a much greater chance of violent conflict.
UH... NO.. Go to Sacramento Ca. They have a HUGE Russian community and they trash their area of Sacramento, don't speak english nor apparently have good hygeine. I lived there I should know

And the Calif gov. gives them great loans for businesses while turning down American borns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration