Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 09:09 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I get a kick form you guys that write it down, then say...Problem solved.

what proplem did you solve? you just put the mlitary on the border...then what? shoot at anything that moves?

arrest border crossers? by what authority...The US Military isnt a civilian Police force. My son should have to make the decission to shoot a goat hearder out in the desert, not knowing if that hearder is Mexican or American...?

Do you think there is a line down the sand marking US on one side and Mexico on the other...

If a person is 500 yards inside the border, do they shoot?...or at a mile?

but if its a mile, then they could be one of those Brown Americans...do we shoot or not.

What problem is solved?
I am opposed to using violence unless absolutely necessary. However, if it comes down to that then anyone who enters through a legal port of entry should be safe. Unless you are an illegal alien why would you enter any other way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Az...Im not for Amnesty, but Amnesty will happen way before mass deportation.
You say you aren't for amnesty but that is because you are just using a play on the word amnesty. Amnesty to you means paying no fines, back taxes, etc. Amnesty to us means illegal aliens being able to remain in our country with or without the above. So under "our" terms....yes you are for amnesty.

I don't think there will be mass involuntary deportations but something like e-verify and/or a National I.D. card will be implemented across the country and therefore most will self-deport.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:51 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
There is no need for mass deportation.

If you are living in an apartment in Phoenix, Arizona at the height of summer and your landlord refuses to turn off the heat, will you endure being completely miserable in your home or will you move?

Heavily fine and/or imprison ANYONE employing illegal aliens.

No benefits...none. ER care only in the case of life threatening illness or accident.

Clarify the 14th Amendment to reflect original intent--no birthright citizenship for anchor babies--no possibility of obtaining services through pseudo-citizenship.

Voila! Deportation through attrition.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:47 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
There is no need for mass deportation.

If you are living in an apartment in Phoenix, Arizona at the height of summer and your landlord refuses to turn off the heat, will you endure being completely miserable in your home or will you move?

Heavily fine and/or imprison ANYONE employing illegal aliens.

No benefits...none. ER care only in the case of life threatening illness or accident.

Clarify the 14th Amendment to reflect original intent--no birthright citizenship for anchor babies--no possibility of obtaining services through pseudo-citizenship.

Voila! Deportation through attrition.
I'd like to increase work place raids too. Make them fearful to show up for work.

If the environment is uncomfortable enough they will leave. It's already been proven under Ike.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Why do illegals even come here?

DUH!

Because they can.

Close the borders down
Throw those that provide work and housing in the tank and fine them an enormous amount of cash, for each one they house or employ. No work, no roof over your head, you go back home!!
Make it just like calling 911, and quick response by those in charge of capturing these fugitives.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:45 PM

332 posts, read 644,401 times
Quote:
Close the borders down
You want to stop illegal immigrants from coming here, than put landmines all over the border and put up huge signs in Spanish warning intruders that the border is filled with landmines and that they will die if they try to cross over into U.S soil.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:36 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
You want to stop illegal immigrants from coming here, than put landmines all over the border and put up huge signs in Spanish warning intruders that the border is filled with landmines and that they will die if they try to cross over into U.S soil.
Hmm.

OK

Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
The majority of Americans aren't against people coming here by any means. AS LONG AS THEY GO THROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS TO DO SO! Hey, you want to move here legally, and improve the quality of your life, feel free to do so. Apply for citizenship, pay taxes, and learn to speak English, just like my ancestors had to do. A lot of the ones sneaking over the border, already are criminals. We have enough criminals in this country! We don't need someone elses dregs of society. We have Americans out of work, and hungry. I'm more concerned about our citizens, and their well being than someone who is coming here illegally. If that makes me a bad Christian, because I care about my fellow Americans and my country, than so be it. Mexicans need to get a grip on their own damn country and improve the quality of life down there! It is 2010, and it's time to get with the rest of the civilized world. Furthermore, I'm all for helping people that are willing to help themselves. Also, as a Christian I also BELIEVE that God helps people that help themselves!

Old 04-21-2010, 12:51 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
This is the way I am seeing it. Deporting them all is an expensive, long process. Some students in my class got into a debate about this. One student suggested that making the persons who come illegally pay a fine and then go through the proper channels. The way I see it, as long as people see the USA as the land of milk and honey, as the land of freedom and opportunity, and as long as people are desperate and/or are dissatisfied with the way things are in their own nation, people will find a way to come here, legal or illegal. People are going to find ways. There has to be a better way of doing things.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
This is the way I am seeing it. Deporting them all is an expensive, long process. Some students in my class got into a debate about this. One student suggested that making the persons who come illegally pay a fine and then go through the proper channels. The way I see it, as long as people see the USA as the land of milk and honey, as the land of freedom and opportunity, and as long as people are desperate and/or are dissatisfied with the way things are in their own nation, people will find a way to come here, legal or illegal. People are going to find ways. There has to be a better way of doing things.
No, they won't come here illegally if there are no jobs or benefits for them. That is the best way to deter illegal immigration. We also need to make it a felony to migrate here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration