Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:37 PM

299 posts, read 635,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Where have you been? Do you know our immigration policies? You might want to do a little bit of research. This is already a practice. As a matter of fact, it has been for a number of years.

And how exactly do you plan to make it "uncomfortable"? Hey, I agree we have a problem. I agree we need to protect our border but everything has limits and we need to treat people like human beings.

I know what our policies are but the problem is they are not enforced, especially if you have an immigration lawyer who knows their way around the system or knows the "right" people. I personally know of a family who was found trying to enter the country less than 2 years ago, returned to their home country and they are now going through a legal process to enter the country. Their sponsor proudly told me they were going to be approved and here shortly. It's just like anything else, it's who you know. We treat people the way we'd want to be treated, however, it's too easy on these criminals. That is what they are, criminals, and the problem is too many people have forgotten that. I'm sick of my taxes taking care of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 02:31 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Well I had to call the cops on my noisy illegal immigrant neighbors....again, and the jerk showed the cop one note I had put under his door pleading for the music to stop or I would turn him in to immigration. The cop actually has the nerve to show me note and ask me in an authoritarian tone, why I wrote that and that it was over the top. I said it was my right and if the tenants were not illegal, why did they even care. I was desperate to get them to turn down their obnoxious music. This note was also written way after I had been nice to them, asking to keep it down. grhhh! The Police should have more power regarding illegal immigrants.
I will try this again. Maybe you didn't understand my explanation.

If you threatened them by placing a note on their door that you would call ICE and instead they:

1. Saved the note and showed it to the police.

2. Ignored your threat and continued with their so called obnoxious music.

3. They are still living there.

Chances are, they are not illegal and are in no way intimidated by the thread of calling ICE. If in deed they were illegal, they would not have showed the note you wrote to the police for fear of being deported. You continue to call them "illegals" despite the fact that you have no proof they are in the country illegally. Again, this is racial profiling and a sure sign of paranoia.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:50 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKR27540 View Post
I know what our policies are but the problem is they are not enforced, especially if you have an immigration lawyer who knows their way around the system or knows the "right" people. I personally know of a family who was found trying to enter the country less than 2 years ago, returned to their home country and they are now going through a legal process to enter the country. Their sponsor proudly told me they were going to be approved and here shortly.
Its the first time I have ever heard of this. Maybe it's a special case such as refugees or special circumstance visa...I dont know but it does seem ackward. When someone is caught entering our country illegally, they automatically are given a 10 year ban before they can apply to come back and even then, most of the time they are denied.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:34 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Its the first time I have ever heard of this. Maybe it's a special case such as refugees or special circumstance visa...I dont know but it does seem ackward. When someone is caught entering our country illegally, they automatically are given a 10 year ban before they can apply to come back and even then, most of the time they are denied.
Anything is possible if you have the right friends who have the right connections.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:59 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Wrong. 10 year bans are not automatic. The length of the ban or even whether one is imposed depends on how long you were here illegally, and even how much of that time you were over 18 years old. If you were brought here as an infant and stayed here until the day before your 18th birthday, then returned to your home country on that day, none of that time counts against you. Even if you are here illegally for up to 180 days, it is very unlikely that you will receive a ban of any length. Bans usually kick in after six months.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:55 AM

50,312 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
I will try this again. Maybe you didn't understand my explanation.

If you threatened them by placing a note on their door that you would call ICE and instead they:

1. Saved the note and showed it to the police.

2. Ignored your threat and continued with their so called obnoxious music.

3. They are still living there.

Chances are, they are not illegal and are in no way intimidated by the thread of calling ICE. If in deed they were illegal, they would not have showed the note you wrote to the police for fear of being deported. You continue to call them "illegals" despite the fact that you have no proof they are in the country illegally. Again, this is racial profiling and a sure sign of paranoia.
With 287 we shall see how much of this barrio behavior changes The Cops WILL be able to aid in deporting Illegals.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:22 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,837 times
If this country really wanted to clean up the problem, specifically California, they could start on any corner in most of Los Angeles and go door to door asking for paperwork, set up some busus and began dropping people off right across the border in Tijuana. once over there, its not our problem. Hell i wouldnt even mind if my taxes got raised for a couple of years to support such an effort. But then of course we be called a facist country for doing such a thing.
As far as getting in here, if China can build a huge wall hundreds of years ago, you I'm not trying to hear we cant build one now, electrified at that.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
set up some busus and began dropping people off right across the border in Tijuana.

That has proven not to work too well. They are back in the USA, the next day.

They need to be put on a slow boat headed south, to the southern border of Mexico and all ports beyond.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:04 PM

9 posts, read 19,955 times
What do you mean "deporting" them is not easy? Get the U.S. Army out there, problem solved. People invading the country illegally is a problem for the military to handle/and or national guard.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:06 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zise View Post
What do you mean "deporting" them is not easy? Get the U.S. Army out there, problem solved. People invading the country is a problem for the military to handle/and or national guard.
Right, because we aren't in any prolonged conflict that costs BILLIONS of dollars during the worst economic crisis since the 1930s. Oh, and I forgot that magical fairies will pay for the military to do this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration