Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 07:17 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,598,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
sup?
Do me a favor. When you respond to my posts, please do not type your comments “inside” my quote. Otherwise, when I quote you, your comments do not appear. Now, I have to copy and paste for them to appear in this post. Thanks.

Quote:
My aunt has left keys on her house...she lives in Chula Vista (1-5 miles from the border). Nice part of town (Otay Ranch). The exception are the rapists, and terrorists, and so on and so forth you mention. The vast majority work, pay taxes, try to speak English (universal fluency by 2/3rd generation). They really are not too different than previous groups. Actually this debate originated with the "Know Nothings"...we saw that everything worked out

Are you referring to "immigrants" or "illegal aliens?" If illegals, please provide evidence of the "vast majority" paying taxes and speaking English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 07:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,265,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do me a favor. When you respond to my posts, please do not type your comments “inside” my quote. Otherwise, when I quote you, your comments do not appear. Now, I have to copy and paste for them to appear in this post. Thanks.

Are you referring to "immigrants" or "illegal aliens?" If illegals, please provide evidence of the "vast majority" paying taxes and speaking English.
Can't be done because the majority do niether.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:26 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,918,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
becareful what you say about those who would serve. That is an Obama line of BS. Todays military is the most highly trained, well balanced military in our history as well as the history of the world.

It is a good military...nobody said no.

Those criminal low class no education guys are working on and repairing technology that very few of Obama's friends and those who think like them could never hope to grasp the fundamentals of.

Typically it is the last resort. There are no other good options, except this. It's not because they are the best and brightest. It's not because they possess some skill that "Obama's friends" don't have. It's because they realize that this the best thing going for them.

Guy normally I can find a way to to relate to your posts but this one crossed the line by a mile...

Why because I pointed out the truth that we are hurting for people? Because in order to meet quotas we are having people that have had a criminal record and no high school education? Look, I never said it's a bad thing. I simply stated that this is how we are meeting quotas. With the recession, it is even harder. So it is an even more attractive option. Sorry if you are offended by the fact that we NEEDED to lax recruitment.

Fact you can not get a security clearance if you have a criminal record.

Criminal waivers have increased. Of course you can't be an ax murderer, but we do have felony waivers.

Fact most service personel do in fact have at least a confidential security clearance.

Fact the population of the military pretty much reflects the population of the USA. In other words all walks of life including college grads.

Yes, officers and SOME enlisted men do have college, of course. However, enlisted men are more likely to have a lower education than their peers. With that said, they get obtain skills. Since this is generally seen as a last good option. Notice, for some this is the best idea...typically those with few opportunities (be it by society or by own accord).

Fact a college grad is not more intellegent than a non-grad simply because of a diploma.

Not even the basis of discussion. Never stated or implied, but I will say that not having a high school diploma (just showing basic skills) is probably not a good idea for our military. I do realize that this is a minority (much like those that do have a felony record), but it is telling of how we conduct our military recruitment practices. Conversely, again, it is good that we enable to provide skills and training to those that need it.

The big difference between the military and the general population is that in the Military we obsess less over what is PC and focus on doing our jobs.

We need to "just do our jobs" but we still need to realize that that there are social issues that need our attention as well.
So why the increase of those with criminal offenses and lack of a high school education? We created an army in which it feeds from those neglected by the system they serve. I went to a poor school district. I lived in a middle class district. All my friends that went to local schools had barely any recruiters on campus. Guess what? There were tons at my high school...I wonder who they were targeting? Obviously, they targeted those that had fewer options.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
So why the increase of those with criminal offenses and lack of a high school education? We created an army in which it feeds from those neglected by the system they serve. I went to a poor school district. I lived in a middle class district. All my friends that went to local schools had barely any recruiters on campus. Guess what? There were tons at my high school...I wonder who they were targeting? Obviously, they targeted those that had fewer options.
Having served in said Military I can say this with perfect honesty. Those I served with by far were more reliable, more able, more consistant than those I work with in the civilian sector today. Not surprisingly it is the vets where I work who tend to be the superior performers based on production,quality and safety not to mention reliability. Oddly enough its broken the race barrier...
I'll take those low class military guys anyday . Last option? Why not desire to serve their country?
By the way your statement is right out of the democrat excuses handbook. Obama said it, Kerry said it as well as quite a few other scumbags in DC. Most of which have openly expressed at some point in their political career a dislike for those who serve.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

You'll live...I promise...

Already provided evidence in the past...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/taxes/2008-04-10-immigrantstaxes_N.htm

http://www.factfinder.census.gov/servlet/DTTable?_bm=y&-ds_name=ACS_2006_EST_G00_&-CONTEXT=dt&-mt_name=ACS_2006_EST_G2000_B16006&-redoLog=false&-geo_id=01000US&-format=&-_lang=en&-SubjectID=14829562

Roughly 80% speak English "well" (thus at a proficient level). This is for Hispanics, which account for the vast majority of illegal immigrants.
A is for apple...

Old 08-17-2009, 07:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,206,136 times
Quote:
A is for apple...
Remember:

Legal immigrants are not the same as illegal aliens---------the latter and their enablers are criminals.

How many of you pro illegal alien/amnesty types would be willing to go to jail to support the above?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:44 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,598,370 times
Quote:
A is for apple...
And F is for . . . . Use your imagination.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
A is for apple...
I'll bite.. How do they know how many pay taxes or speak english when they don't even have a total?
How do they know how many do the above anyway? Its not like illegals are lining up to do a census.
I question the verasity of the data.
LOL Since when is the fed gov an accurate sourse for anything?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Having served in said Military I can say this with perfect honesty. Those I served with by far were more reliable, more able, more consistant than those I work with in the civilian sector today. Not surprisingly it is the vets where I work who tend to be the superior performers based on production,quality and safety not to mention reliability. Oddly enough its broken the race barrier...
I'll take those low class military guys anyday . Last option? Why not desire to serve their country?
By the way your statement is right out of the democrat excuses handbook. Obama said it, Kerry said it as well as quite a few other scumbags in DC. Most of which have openly expressed at some point in their political career a dislike for those who serve.
Yes, last option. Why is it then that enlisted men typically come from lower socio-economic groups? Why do they in general have lower instances of college educations? Why not address the fact that most recruitment take place in poor urban areas? These are realities.

Look, it's not ALL bad. If you take offense, that's your issue...But at the end of the day, these things still happen.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I'll bite.. How do they know how many pay taxes or speak english when they don't even have a total?
How do they know how many do the above anyway? Its not like illegals are lining up to do a census.
I question the verasity of the data.
LOL Since when is the fed gov an accurate sourse for anything?
ITIN as well as percentage increase of taxpayers, coupled with how many illegal immigrants there currently are and how many left or entered. We do have a good idea of how many illegal immigrants there are. Roughly 12 million. Also, the data states Hispanic, which if we assume is the newest legalized group (seeing how they comprise the latest immigrant boom), we see that second generation are fluent. First generation, which may or not be illegal are less fluent yet nonetheless speaking English.

Actually the census is pretty reliable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration