Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 10:19 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,480,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Pretty obvious to see who WOULD pass by on the other side of the road. "I was hungry and you gave me not to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me not to drink. I was naked and you clothed me not. I was in prison and you did not visit me. I was sick and you did not care for me. For whatsoever you did to the least of these you did to me. Depart from me. I never knew you."

"For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul?"

This country is in the process of losing its soul. We have become so greedy, so cold, so self absorbed that we really think that the only reason to do something is for profit....not because it is right.

"Father forgive them. They know not what they do."
Uhuh. Here's another bible verse for you to contemplate.

Quote:
'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'
Meaning keep your hands off of things that are not yours.

Furthermore, when the Good Samaritan stopped to render aid to someone who was sick, was he then responsible for that person's care forever? Illegal aliens receive emergency medical treatment as mandated by law, which is the modern day counterpart of your Good Samaritan helping an ailing traveler. The Samaritan finds the injured man, tends to his wounds and takes him to an inn so he can recover. When the traveler recovers, I doubt that he expects the Good Samaritan to pay for any medical care he may need in the future. An illegal comes to an ER , he is evaluated and treated until his medical condition is stable and he can be discharged. The American healthcare system should no longer be responsible for his future care. There is a line between providing care in an actual emergency and being stuck with astronomical bills for things like dialysis and liver transplants for people who should not be in this country. The illegal aliens have shamelessly abused our charity and should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited by andreabeth; 09-18-2009 at 11:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 12:01 AM

265 posts, read 597,508 times
Quote:
Pretty obvious to see who WOULD pass by on the other side of the road. "I was hungry and you gave me not to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me not to drink. I was naked and you clothed me not. I was in prison and you did not visit me. I was sick and you did not care for me. For whatsoever you did to the least of these you did to me. Depart from me. I never knew you."

This country is in the process of losing its soul. We have become so greedy, so cold, so self absorbed that we really think that the only reason to do something is for profit....not because it is right.

Somebody call the wambulence.

I've learned that whenever someone starts quoting the Bible in a political discussion, that person probably isn't too bright. You do nothing to dispel that notion.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:21 AM

411 posts, read 469,016 times
Quote:

Totally agree, many people only think about themselves, with a heart full of greed, that's why they are easy victims of Ponzi schemes, etc. we need to be compassionate and help those in need....

Old 09-19-2009, 01:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times
Quote:

Whether you accept it or not, this country is based on separation of Church and State. The Bible is not the Constitution. If you don't like that, maybe you should go live in a Catholic country like Mexico and preach that there.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times
The other thing about that which makes it ridiculous, the USA cannot bring in the over 2 billion impoverished people of the world and give them a nice cushy middle class lifestyle.

How many of these people have abandoned their own children to get into the USA? Many have. It's doing no good at all for their own countries that millions are abandoning them, it would be far more compassionate in the long run if they stayed home and worked for reform, stayed to build up their own economies, paid taxes, created jobs -- in their own hometowns. Things do not improve at all for all those "left behind" and in many cases worsen.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:34 AM

50,371 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Uhuh. Here's another bible verse for you to contemplate.

Meaning keep your hands off of things that are not yours.

Furthermore, when the Good Samaritan stopped to render aid to someone who was sick, was he then responsible for that person's care forever? Illegal aliens receive emergency medical treatment as mandated by law, which is the modern day counterpart of your Good Samaritan helping an ailing traveler. The Samaritan finds the injured man, tends to his wounds and takes him to an inn so he can recover. When the traveler recovers, I doubt that he expects the Good Samaritan to pay for any medical care he may need in the future. An illegal comes to an ER , he is evaluated and treated until his medical condition is stable and he can be discharged. The American healthcare system should no longer be responsible for his future care. There is a line between providing care in an actual emergency and being stuck with astronomical bills for things like dialysis and liver transplants for people who should not be in this country. The illegal aliens have shamelessly abused our charity and should be ashamed of themselves.
Which is what is happening now. Illegal Aliens break into the Country and with our current Social Service network we are responsible for them until they die. In the mean time every kid they kick out is attached to our wallets too. For the first 18 years it's a pretty expensive forced adoption.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:27 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,561,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I mow my own yard, etc. so that claptrap from the pro illegal alien apologists is a joke.

Well good for you....you mow your own yard. How about the toilets where you work? How about the lettuce you eat -- do you pick it? How about the floors in your office, in your grocery store...etc. etc. etc.

We have so MUCH in this country, and yet it seems we are a bunch of selfish people who feel entitled to hate...entitled...that's the whole problem in a nutshell...go spend a few months in a third-world country and see just what you are really made of...

I"m done with this thread.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:09 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Well good for you....you mow your own yard. How about the toilets where you work? How about the lettuce you eat -- do you pick it? How about the floors in your office, in your grocery store...etc. etc. etc.

We have so MUCH in this country, and yet it seems we are a bunch of selfish people who feel entitled to hate...entitled...that's the whole problem in a nutshell...go spend a few months in a third-world country and see just what you are really made of...

I"m done with this thread.
Your pro illegal alien arguments are moot looking at our present high unemployment rate if nothing else.

I cannot comment on the lettuce; but, we clean our own toilets/floors at work, grocery stores cannot hire illegals (unless they have false SSN's---------which is a Felony), etc.

As for that 'third world nation' bit; judging by most of them, personal responsibility obviously is not a cultural hallmark.

If discussing just Mexico: its per capita income is over $14K a year----------which ain't poor.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:06 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,832,900 times
There is a lady and she has this poor little girl who is two and she is so fat she can barely walk! I mean very overweight and unhealthy for a little baby. I also see many overweight Spanish babies for some reason. I don't know if its their food or fast food, but I see it alot.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
There is a lady and she has this poor little girl who is two and she is so fat she can barely walk! I mean very overweight and unhealthy for a little baby. I also see many overweight Spanish babies for some reason. I don't know if its their food or fast food, but I see it alot.
Spanish babies?

Why I wonder is that ethnic Spaniards are almost always White since they are genetically much closer to English/Irish/French, etc. people than to most North American (Mestizo/Mulatto) Hispanics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration