Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 10:11 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,401,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the economic damage after WW II was many times greater..........Germany needed to get its Nazi ass kicked for following a fool like Adolf Hitler.
Yes, but unlike the 1920s, we bailed them out and got them back on their feet under very watchful Allied eyes. We learned a lot from the utter failure of the Treaty of Versailles, the humiliation of the German state being a huge factor in the outbreak of World War II. Hitler himself directly referred to it many times in the years leading up to World War II. The reparations were a part of the Allies assigning 100% of the blame for World War I to Germany, which the Germans did not accept at the time and many still do not accept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,750,980 times
Asking to get back on topic here would be pretty pointless, as several topics have been covered here already ... So what I'd like to ask is some respect. Agree to disagree, attack the post not the person behind it.
Calm down.
Yac.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:57 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,181,256 times
<<Originally Posted by moogie-mae
Consider not blaming the individual for trying to feed a starving family.>>

Anyone who can afford to pay a coyote $3000-$4000 isn't starving. Many Mexicans admit they've left jobs in Mexico to come here, because they can more money here, not because they were starving.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:58 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,699,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<Originally Posted by moogie-mae
Consider not blaming the individual for trying to feed a starving family.>>

Anyone who can afford to pay a coyote $3000-$4000 isn't starving. Many Mexicans admit they've left jobs in Mexico to come here, because they can more money here, not because they were starving.
And many have abandoned their family there as well.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:26 PM

50,549 posts, read 47,374,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
And many have abandoned their family there as well.
The original "breaking up the family" being used by Pro-Illegals when the Parents here get deported.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:41 PM

4,468 posts, read 5,198,176 times
How ridiculous. Ask any honest 1st generation Mexican what the deal is. I can sum it up to their great "Calling of the ages". It is "El Norte", "it's an adventure", this very vocal older Mexican man who worked in a nursing home told me back when I was still in California. It is a right of passage for them. China calls America "The Mouth of Gold" and I've heard an Egyption refer to America as "One big P**** waiting to get f*****". I refer rational reasoning to those here extoling their romantic and ancient nuances about the poor, the weak, those just trying to feed the mouths of their young. However novel that may sound, it just isn't the truth anymore. The one major region of the world where one could delicately brand as "an extremely brutal human countenance" is sub-saharan Africa. Imo they would be the only ones I might have compassion of relevance for. Bet let's not touch that, esp. you rosy Euro's.

Now is now. And most Americans see a full country. We have that right. Bringing in lectures about ill faded morality is pointless. Sorry.........

Romance may die when suffering ends. Irony....

Last edited by Yac; 09-22-2009 at 03:33 AM.. Reason: language..

Old 09-22-2009, 08:52 AM

24 posts, read 31,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briefstop View Post
Was that Egyptian by any chance named Tony Montana?
Isn't Google a marvelous truth finder? Never heard of Tony Montana, so I googled "that phrase", just as when a student was suspected of plagiarizing, and here is what I found:

"1983- Hollywood, still cranking out relatively genteel crime flicks in the Godfather mold, was, in the words of Tony Montana, like a great big p*ssy just waiting to get f*cked. Then Scarface blasted onto the screen, and Tony Montana introduced the world to his little friend; the face of pop culture would bear the scars of his passage ever after. ...Directed by Brian De Palma... Oliver Stone screenplay, ... an incendiary Al Pacino... [as] Scarface redefined the gangster movie and set a new standard—or low...—for cinematic violence, profanity, and sheer bravado."

Results: I'm not saying an Egyptian didn't repeat that. But, now we know where he got it. My student? OUT! His reputation is shot!

Old 09-22-2009, 01:08 PM

So I guess this Egyptian trowback was inspired by one line in scarface. Doesn't change the fact that he believes it. Perhaps we can dig further with google and find out where the writers got that line from. Maybe it was inspired by a comment made by a Laotian pygmie named Pierre.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briefstop View Post
I think youre starting to get it.
Yes, your exactly right. America is full. Illegals must be removed or inspired to do so themselves. And now America must become "the big A-Hole looking to evacuate it's bowels".

Old 09-23-2009, 07:19 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,217,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Yes, your exactly right. America is full. Illegals must be removed or inspired to do so themselves. And now America must become "the big A-Hole looking to evacuate it's bowels".
A Royal Flush beats a Full House----------especially heading south
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration