Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 05:23 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I live in a college town. 3 students rented a house a couple houses up the road where I live. On weekends they were having all night parties making excessive noise and making it very difficult to sleep. After getting the police called on them by myself and other neighbors too many times they finally moved. They were all Caucasion. Good ridance.
You don't understand, Mexican culture thrives off of parties. There has to be one every weekend. I know from experience.. However, we do not do the whole music thing or the get excessively drunk and scare the kids. When we do Music, we usually hire a "trio". No one drinks to get drunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 05:44 PM

226 posts, read 312,024 times
Yes, here they live in one or two bedroom apts with 8 to 10 people or more living in them. They sleep wherever they can and sneak them in. Then they get caught and evicted. They trash the apts.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
1. I'm of Mexican decent
2. I am making no assumption

I'm talking about other Mexicans, usually recent immigrants who completely thrash apartments. Usually because there are about 5 dudes living in a 2 bedroom apartment who don't clean up at all because quite frankly back in Mexico, they never did none of the house work. The women did it. Thats Mexican culture.
I was waiting for you to make a comeback

High^5!

Old 03-14-2008, 05:50 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
You don't understand, Mexican culture thrives off of parties. There has to be one every weekend. I know from experience.. However, we do not do the whole music thing or the get excessively drunk and scare the kids. When we do Music, we usually hire a "trio". No one drinks to get drunk.
I was stationed at Ft Bliss Tx back in the 70's, and even dated several Mexican American females. So I am familar with some Mexican customs. Back then people were very respectful to their neighbors around them and were careful not to play their music too loud or too late into the morning. Also illegal immigration was nothing like it is now.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:14 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,384 times
Quote:
I was stationed at Ft Bliss Tx back in the 70's, and even dated several Mexican American females. So I am familar with some Mexican customs. Back then people were very respectful to their neighbors around them and were careful not to play their music too loud or too late into the morning. Also illegal immigration was nothing like it is now.

Texas in the 70's.. Still pretty Mexican right? These Americans of Mexican decent were the ones who have been here for a few generations and are fully assimilated. Besides, Banda didn't reach Texas until the early 90's .

Old 06-09-2009, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 3,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Here we go...another Mexican culture bashing thread, are Americans just jealous that we love being around our families? It is not-uncommon in many cultures to live with many family members (Italy, Spain, Portuguese, Greek).

I think White-American families are they only ones that kick their kids out when they are 18.
We have 25 Hispanic residents in a single family house across the street in our San Fernando Valley neighborhood!

We're talking a regular residential neighborhood here. There are 12 cars parked out in front at night. Their dog craps on our lawn, and some of the residents steal shopping carts and abandon them in front of our house. (We're just thankful some of them don't own cars.) They've stolen our city issued trashcans and now have a total of 10! For a single family house!

Don't hand me this **** about big families. There is a problem.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:40 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
I live in a college town. 3 students rented a house a couple houses up the road where I live. On weekends they were having all night parties making excessive noise and making it very difficult to sleep. After getting the police called on them by myself and other neighbors too many times they finally moved. They were all Caucasion. Good ridance.
Mexican immigrants aren't the only people who overcrowd houses and apartments in San Francisco and Los Angeles, plenty of non-Latino whites do it too as those are expensive cities.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:02 PM

53 posts, read 295,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
In my town there are just tons of immigrants (both legal and illegal) and most of them live in very crowded homes. In many neighborhoods single family homes are being turned into illegal Apartments with many people living in sheds, basements and on the floor. In some cases over 30 people are living in a 1500 square foot single family home.

When people complain they are called racist and this shuts them up in most cases. If they complain to the government, not much is done because the inspector knows he will be called racist if he takes action. In a few cases when the government tries to solve the issue, the people in the house will all claim they are related- so nothing is done.

Is this a problem in your community, and what can be done?
Quick question. How do you know they are immigrants? and how do you know who is legal and who is illegal?

Old 06-09-2009, 12:32 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
they use a type of X-ray vision glasses.

they can detect who is here legally and who isnt.

seriously, this thread is a joke. i cant beleive it got revived...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumUser View Post
Quick question. How do you know they are immigrants? and how do you know who is legal and who is illegal?

Old 06-09-2009, 12:33 PM

804 posts, read 1,359,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Mexican immigrants aren't the only people who overcrowd houses and apartments in San Francisco and Los Angeles, plenty of non-Latino whites do it too as those are expensive cities.

This is also rather common on college towns, where 4-8 students live in a 1-2 bedroom apartment. A lot of the times a single room has 2-4 beds

What really happens is that people here have gotten too used to having large disposable incomes, with more than enough money to make ends meet. So they look at people who are having to make sacrifices in order to be able to find shelter ans say "How can they live like that? They don't have any respect for themselves" when the truth is that they are sacrificing by living with other people in order not to end up on the streets or in shelters.

Do you think these individuals would not like to live in large houses if they could. Where each kid gets his own room and you have spare rooms to turn them into a library/office.

This is like looking at someone eating at a McDonald, and getting the 99c item, and telling them "Do you not respect yourself, how can you eat that, why don't you eat across the street at the $50 a plate restaurant." People live like this because they have to, not because they want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration