Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 03:48 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times

Advertisements

the birthrate in mexico is low. lower than mexicans in the US.

look up the facts before you regurtitate false information (or present a weak attempt to theorize about what you obvioulsy know nothing about).

there is a difference between immigrants(illegal and other) and those that stay in the home country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
The birth rates among the immigrants is mind-boggling. No wonder Latin America is so poor and over populated.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

look up the facts before you regurtitate false information (or present a weak attempt to theorize about what you obvioulsy know nothing about).

there is a difference between immigrants(illegal and other) and those that stay in the home country.
Fair post.
It must be stated that its ok to be anti-illegal and the arguments can be made without altering facts, or exaggerating facts.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:

Note that not all of Latin America is just Mexico. Guatemala has a higher birthrate (3.5 kids per woman) and word has it that most Guats trying to sneak into the USA via Mexico try to pass themselves off as 'Mexican'.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/gt.html

Old 11-23-2009, 05:50 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,725 times
Very good point Arizonabear, as well it could be added that the overpopulation referred to would be due to a birthrate reflecting a birthrate relative to the general populations age. Logically. Therefore a contemporary statistic on birthrate in above discourse is illogical and an aggressive attempt to appear smartsy.
What he could have said is that latin ammerica appear to have more mouths to feed than they can handle but that again is relative. So, why did I suggest ?
Because , ultimately I agree with the momentum of the statement and if a People
create a world of havic in overextending the population over a " fair period of time
and locations" it is then very true and scencible to be somewhat worried and very concerned when the same People start to illegally , unlawfully enter your country
in pursuit of taking and consumming your ancestors reserves.
Shame on those who try to "trip up and embarass" the hard working people who want to join in the war against an out of control , way past the breaking point
potential Continent Destroying Seed of disorder. Much shame indeed !

Old 11-23-2009, 06:51 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
North Carolina's boom attracted a whole mess of illegals to construction jobs along with driver's licenses. My father just moved to the Charlotte area (grew up outside Wilmington) and I bet it's kind of shocking after being in Hampton Roads (one of the few places, shockingly, that hasn't seen a massive boom in illegals) for 5 years prior.

North Carolina is a great place but the illegal immigrant factor is a big one in deciding on whether there, Louisville, KY (short-term plan), or Hampton Roads, VA will be my permanent home.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:12 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Best thread title ever.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:54 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,296,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilisa View Post
I am just wondering what it is that brings the mexican population here in droves, to small towns in NC??? How are they affording the cost of living?? We don't even have good public transportation here, what is the draw?
I don't know much about this (I don't like asking mexicans about that stuff)
but from what I know =
good paying jobs, less immigration enforcement officers, cheaper cost of living.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:59 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I don't know much about this (I don't like asking mexicans about that stuff)
but from what I know =
good paying jobs, less immigration enforcement officers, cheaper cost of living.
E-Verify would take care of a lot of that criminal activity.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:04 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:

Perhaps this is true, because in Mexico they would have to actually support their children; whereas here, they can rely on their children to receive welfare, subsidized housing, and other benefits. Here, the more children they have, the more money they receive from the government. Also, their US-born children lessen their chances for deportation. After all, we certainly don’t want to separate families.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:31 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Mexico is 103, the us is 153. Now if we look at the rate of young woman coming here illegally from Mexico and giving birth (though the loophole makes them American) the numbers would be EXTREMELY futher apart. Another 40% as those numbers should actually be Mexican. (whatever the % is of Illegals that give birth here).

I'll wager Mexico would be possibly in the top 50 while the US would fall deep.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/pe...ple-birth-rate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration