Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:03 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
the birthrate in mexico is low. lower than mexicans in the US.

look up the facts before you regurtitate false information (or present a weak attempt to theorize about what you obvioulsy know nothing about).

there is a difference between immigrants(illegal and other) and those that stay in the home country.
He did say "immigrants".

It's the people who have many children usually with no education nor job skills and have no way to feed them that often decide to sneak over the border.

Of course in Mexico the growing middle class isn't having their babies at age 14 or 15 and most are married and working before deciding to start a family.

In Mexico though there are still a large number of people which lives in poverty and they are having baby after baby. Combine that with our welfare system that rewards people for giving birth often and rewards the breaking of immigration laws, you have an immigrant group that is breeding out of control.

In the USA, half of Mexican girls have at least one baby before they reach age 20 and most of them are single mothers.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:15 AM

549 posts, read 1,665,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chepillo View Post
I heard that Cubans have a higher socioeconomic level (are financially better off) than other Hispanics because it was the affluent families that fled Cuba during the Cuban Revolution that are successful businessmen and entrepreneurs. Now the recent influx of Cubans of a lower socioeconomic level are more in par with the Mexicans that are usually lower class, that had it tough making a living in Mexico. The whole thing about Cubans being Caucasian are usually true of the more affluent Cuban families that have more time in Miami and not so much of those that have immigrated in recent times.
The recent influx of Cubans are not in par with the Mexicans.

A Mexican has no legal status... and a Cuban has way too many benefits (including a green card).

Cuban immigrants get food stamps, free housing, free college education, and a permanent resident card once they touch US soil.

There is so such thing as a Cuban illegal alien.....

That´s why they perform better than any other immigrant group. Not even US citizens are able to get those benefits.

They dominate the Miami economy.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:36 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,064,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is correct: the Cuban elite which was usually White (for many historical reasons) left in 1959 for the USA whereas many of the 1980 Mariel Boatlift crowd not only tended to be 'people of color'----------they were also bottom feeders as you outlined.
Not really. I hate to agree with Eduardo but most Cubans that have arrived since the Mariel are white, even the poor ones. The ones that are not, are usually black. Most mixed people you see in Miami are usually from Nicaragua or South America.

Yes most elites in Latin America are white(just like in the USA) but there are also a lot of poor white people, some countries have more white people, some have less depending on how many Amerindians were allowed to live. I knew plenty of white blue eyed people in my country that lived in slums. I just don't think that color should be discussed here, this belongs in the history forum.

And yes they get all those benefits that Eduardo stated above. Cubans and more recently some Haitians refugees.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:15 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Note to Mods ^^^ This is what happens when you let a thread live too long.

We end up with yet another ArizonaBear & the world "Who is more hispanic, white or black" debate.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:21 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Note to Mods ^^^ This is what happens when you let a thread live too long.

We end up with yet another ArizonaBear & the world "Who is more hispanic, white or black" debate.
I did not realize that my doppelganger was eduardo983.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I did not realize that my doppelganger was eduardo983.
You're in on it too, regardless these discussions are boring. As a Mexican family who grew up in South Florida (Pahokee, Weston, Miami, Pembroke Pines, Wellington) there are no problems with Cubans and Mexicans no matter what color. Eduardo983, I find this to be absolute BS and it shows you really don't get out much in South Florida:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983
Mexicans are American indians (those who invaded California and Arizona). Hispanic/Latino is not a race, and the term should not be used anymore (it is not accurate).

Anglo is not a race... in my opinion, the whitest people who reside in Miami is the Argentine community of South beach...wow..those women are so gorgeous...

Florida has nothing to do with Mexicans... You can´t compare NC to Miami...
There are tons of Mexicans in Florida, I know I grew up around them. But anyways I don't want to get involved in this stupid debate about who is whiter...

Old 11-25-2009, 10:21 AM

549 posts, read 1,665,948 times
Mach50,

I have always said there is no racism in South Florida towards people of any skin color. Re-read my posts in this thread.

Marilisa (the OP) wrote "US citizens of British ancestry (anglos) were being treated as intruders in Miami"

I responded she was wrong because people in Miami are not segregated and they tend to marry different ethnic groups. The city is in perfect harmony.

Now, I did say there are almost no Mexicans in "Miami" and that´s true! (The Mexican population in Miami is less than 3%)

You can´t compare the Mexican community of Miami (which is almost extinct) to the Mexican communities of Arizona, NC, and California.

I said no lies...I said "Mexicans are American Indians"..why would you take that as an insult???...that´s probably your race if you are a Mexican, unless you belong to the 9% of Mexicans who are caucasian (0.9 out of 10).

And yes, there are Mexicans in "Florida"....they work in farms in Homestead... I did not want to say that because Mexican readers could feel offended by the fact that Mexicans work in farms and take the worst jobs (even in South Florida where language is not an obstacle)

I guess that´s part of the Mexican genes ... you people love to work in farms and love anything related to gardening.

Last edited by Eduardo983; 11-25-2009 at 10:50 AM..

Old 11-25-2009, 10:42 AM

Ok I understand your post much better Eduardo983, and yes my parents own farms and markets in Pahokee & Belle Glade, but we lived in Weston. I guess I just hate to see a thread pitting Hispanics against each other, many people like to say that Cubans, Venezuelans, Colombians..etc don't like to be bundled with Mexicans, but I never witnessed this growing up in South Florida.

As for faming being in our genes, farming is good for the soul.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:20 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
You're in on it too, regardless these discussions are boring. As a Mexican family who grew up in South Florida (Pahokee, Weston, Miami, Pembroke Pines, Wellington) there are no problems with Cubans and Mexicans no matter what color. Eduardo983, I find this to be absolute BS and it shows you really don't get out much in South Florida:
Mexican? I thought you were an American since you were born/raised here and your father is (probably) an Anglo.

As for Wellington, I lived near there in Loxahatchee back in 1982.

Quote:
There are tons of Mexicans in Florida, I know I grew up around them. But anyways I don't want to get involved in this stupid debate about who is whiter...
Again in 1982; there were very few Hispanics of any race in Palm Beach County--------lots of Haitians though.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Mexican? I thought you were an American since you were born/raised here and your father is (probably) an Anglo.

As for Wellington, I lived near there in Loxahatchee back in 1982.

Again in 1982; there were very few Hispanics of any race in Palm Beach County--------lots of Haitians though.
Geez AZ...The majority of my family in Florida is Mexican on my mothers side, they moved from Texas, California and Monterrey, Mx. So that's why I identify as "Mexican"....descent. Do I really need to tack on the word "descent" for you?

Anyway I didn't want to be on this thread...I am out!!! zz zz zz bore fest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration