Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 12:33 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times

Advertisements

well the topic at hand IS "mexicans"...

just saying...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Note that not all of Latin America is just Mexico. Guatemala has a higher birthrate (3.5 kids per woman) and word has it that most Guats trying to sneak into the USA via Mexico try to pass themselves off as 'Mexican'.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/gt.html

Old 11-24-2009, 12:34 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times
tell me bout it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Best thread title ever.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:06 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
well the topic at hand IS "mexicans"...

just saying...
And many Mestizo Hispanic OTM's still pass themselves off as 'Mexican' so to you or me------they are all the same in practice; whether here legally or not.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:47 PM

549 posts, read 1,665,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilisa View Post
I am fairly new to NC, moved here from Miami where the majority is Latino and Spanish is fast becoming the primary language. Please don't misunderstand my question... it is more out of curiosity than out of racism, but when I moved here, I absolutely did not expect to hear as much Spanish as I have been. Before anyone gets offended, let me be clear again ... this is NOT coming from a 'racist' perspective... my kids are half Latin and I do speak Spanish pretty well (HAD to learn in Miami). It wasn't as surprising to have such a high Latin population in South Fl due to the proximity to Latin countries, and to the similar tropical climate etc. BUT, in Cary NC??!! And many other small towns such as Asheboro NC, which I read is "overun by Mexicans". I am just wondering what it is that brings the Mexican population here in droves, to small towns in NC??? How are they affording the cost of living?? We don't even have good public transportation here, what is the draw?

When I visited a small town "Kinston" NC I couldn´t believe that was the U.S....I mean...wow....it was so underdeveloped and boring

A Walmart store was the main "sensation" there. I saw a lot of Mexicans and dark skinned people too.

I like better Miami...way more exciting...an alpha/global city

We have Walmarts, Best Buy, Target Stores, hugemongous Malls, the everglades, beaches, ocean drive, excellent nightlife, a fantastic skyline, artificial lakes, water everywhere, a huge port, weekend cruises to the Bahamas and the caribbean, global companies, powerful banks, the metro zoo, etc.

>>Good luck in NC<<

Old 11-24-2009, 02:08 PM

549 posts, read 1,665,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilisa View Post
Very scary thoughts... I just wonder how far it will go? In my two decades in Miami, I watched the city change dramatically to where many towns are now 85% Latino, many of these illegal. Anglos in south FL had done just as you mentioned for years, allowing the towns to be overrun, then when they (Anglos) start being treated like unwelcomed intruders in their OWN hometowns, they move North... until the same thing eventually happens again, and they just keep moving further North. There are parts of Miami where signs are not even bi-lingual anymore, they are flat out written only in Spanish.
Not True.

In Miami, a lot of US citizens of British ancestry (anglos) married other US citizens of Cuban ancestry. That is very common.... and a huge slice of the Miami population has ancestry from Europe, because most of the Cubans and South American in Miami have ancestry from Europe.

For example, Cameron Diaz, she has both Cuban and German ancestry.

The Latins in Miami are mostly caucasian. Mexicans are American indians (those who invaded California and Arizona). Hispanic/Latino is not a race, and the term should not be used anymore (it is not accurate).

Anglo is not a race... in my opinion, the whitest people who reside in Miami is the Argentine community of South beach...wow..those women are so gorgeous...

Florida has nothing to do with Mexicans... You can´t compare NC to Miami...

There are 3 official languages in Miami: English, Spanish, and Creole.

Miamians are mostly bilingual... I don´t think you are even a Miamian... You are just typing non sense BS.

Nobody is treated as an intruder in Miami...specially the US citizens who have British ancestry (anglos), they have great relationships with other residents... Miami is like a huge global city...

I doubt you lived in Miami.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:15 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,063,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post

The Latins in Miami are mostly caucasian.
Your white/ameridian monologues are really boring and distasteful. Haven't you noticed that nobody cares? Not in the illegal immigration forum and much less in the Miami forum where you bombared us with this nonsense over and over. You seem to be the only one obsessed with your European ancestries. This is not a novel concept to anybody. Everybody knows most latinos have european ancentries.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,277 times
Quote:
Not True.

In Miami, a lot of US citizens of British ancestry (anglos) married other US citizens of Cuban ancestry. That is very common.... and a huge slice of the Miami population has ancestry from Europe, because most of the Cubans and South American in Miami have ancestry from Europe.

The Latins in Miami are mostly caucasian. Mexicans are American indians (those who invaded California and Arizona). Hispanic/Latino is not a race, and the term should not be used anymore (it is not accurate).

Anglo is not a race... in my opinion, the whitest people who reside in Miami is the Argentine community of South beach...wow..those women are so gorgeous...

Florida has nothing to do with Mexicans... You can´t compare NC to Miami...

There are 3 official languages in Miami: English, Spanish, and Creole.

Miamians are mostly bilingual... I don´t think you are even a Miamian... You are just typing non sense BS.

Nobody is treated as an intruder in Miami...specially the US citizens who have British ancestry (anglos), they have great relationships with other residents... Miami is like a huge global city...

I doubt you lived in Miami.
I heard that Cubans have a higher socioeconomic level (are financially better off) than other Hispanics because it was the affluent families that fled Cuba during the Cuban Revolution that are successful businessmen and entrepreneurs. Now the recent influx of Cubans of a lower socioeconomic level are more in par with the Mexicans that are usually lower class, that had it tough making a living in Mexico. The whole thing about Cubans being Caucasian are usually true of the more affluent Cuban families that have more time in Miami and not so much of those that have immigrated in recent times.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:58 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chepillo View Post
I heard that Cubans have a higher socioeconomic level (are financially better off) than other Hispanics because it was the affluent families that fled Cuba during the Cuban Revolution that are successful businessmen and entrepreneurs. Now the recent influx of Cubans of a lower socioeconomic level are more in par with the Mexicans that are usually lower class, that had it tough making a living in Mexico. The whole thing about Cubans being Caucasian are usually true of the more affluent Cuban families that have more time in Miami and not so much of those that have immigrated in recent times.
That is correct: the Cuban elite which was usually White (for many historical reasons) left in 1959 for the USA whereas many of the 1980 Mariel Boatlift crowd not only tended to be 'people of color'----------they were also bottom feeders as you outlined.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:29 AM

776 posts, read 1,275,930 times
Quote:

I didn't know that about Cameron Diaz. It certainly seems to be a good combination in her case. Cameron Diaz. Huba huba.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveNordstroms View Post
After living in Scottsdale, AZ and seeing how hard the Mexicans work, I'd welcome them into my community without a second look. My experience has been positive. I've found them to work harder and longer hours than many other people.
They're more desperate at least, you can pay them less and demand a lot more from them -- I bet you'd like slavery laws to be changed so you can get yourself a slave. Slaves can be made to work even harder than illegals and you also don't have to pay them legal wages and overtime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration