Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 07:13 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Millions? And yes, all those fake SSNs that the US teasury collects taxes on. Why do you think they invented the ITIN? To keep collecting. Let's not play the victims here.
ID theft is a Felony-------------which would land you or I in Federal prison.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:14 PM

277 posts, read 368,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the above illegal alien losers are dragging down wages for many blue collar Americans------------especially US citizens 'of color' on a per capita basis.
Dragging down wages? Really...they drag down the minimum wage? Didn't you know even illegals have limits? Or do you think they do work for $2 hr?
I say if you have to compete with an illegal alien for work, it's time to go back to school and get that education.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
ID theft is a Felony-------------which would land you or I in Federal prison.
That's fine. But acknowledge that the good ole US Treasury takes billions in taxes from Illegals with no problem.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:22 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Millions? And yes, all those fake SSNs that the US teasury collects taxes on. Why do you think they invented the ITIN? To keep collecting. Let's not play the victims here.
The ITIN was “intended” for use by non-citizen business owners to satisfy their tax obligations. It is not to be used to circumvent our laws, or to replace an SSN. However, true to form, illegal aliens have found ways to exploit it. Whatever they are paying, it certainly does not cover the cost of the benefits they receive. Try again.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:23 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Really..playing dumb. Now we are getting personal? Doesn't suprise me from reading your posts. You sound like a very bitter and angry person.

So where is the poll data which you refer to? What data do you have that you suggest that the vast majority of Latinos suppport illegal immigration. Where is the data (polls, interviews) showing this majority opinion. You make statements out of opinion or facts? If you have facts...back it up with links to the data.
You were playing dumb as if you didn't know that illegals and their supporters do the same thing you are accusing us of and that is disrespecing the laws they don't agree with. Well you are wrong about my views on anchor babies. As long as our laws state that they are citizens then they are in my eyes so I am not disrespecting that law just because I don't agree with it. The illegal aliens however jump our borders and do disrespect our laws by doing so.

Bitter and angry because we have an illegal invasion going on in our country sucking us dry? Oh, the horror to have honest and justified emotions. The illegal alien symphs are even more bitter and angry that they haven't gotten their amesty and probably never will. You sound pretty bitter and angry yourself!

I never said the vast majority of Latinos support illegal immigration. I said many do. That doesn't equate to the majority. I am sure there are polls out there that would provide us with an insight as to whether the majority agree or disagree with illegal immigration. I only go by what the Hispanic advocacy groups say about it, the Latinos that I know personally and the pro-illegal blogs out there. That is how I am able to say "many" with a pretty good degree of accuracy.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:25 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
That's fine. But acknowledge that the good ole US Treasury takes billions in taxes from Illegals with no problem.
How do you know what they pay since we don't even know who they are? After all, according to pro-illegal propaganda, they are all hiding in the shadows.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Dragging down wages? Really...they drag down the minimum wage? Didn't you know even illegals have limits? Or do you think they do work for $2 hr?
I say if you have to compete with an illegal alien for work, it's time to go back to school and get that education.
So no American is entitled to a blue collar job for a fair wage? They must move over so an illegal can take it? Not all Americans want to be white collar workers. Many Americans can't afford to go to college either. Many like physical labor jobs. Construction and many other blue collars jobs use to pay a liveable wage till the illegals came along.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How do you know what they pay since we don't even know who they are? After all, according to pro-illegal propaganda, they are all hiding in the shadows.
You think the US treasury doesn't know where all the billions of tax dollars from fake SSNs are not illegals? They turn at look the other way. Most illegals because of fear and many a sense of guilt, will never claim a "refund" that is due to them. The few who do (under 200,000), will file the fake SSN with an ITIN #.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
That's because they don't know if someone is legal or illegal when a fake or stolen I.D. is used. That is why we need e-verify.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The ITIN was “intended” for use by non-citizen business owners to satisfy their tax obligations. It is not to be used to circumvent our laws, or to replace an SSN. However, true to form, illegal aliens have found ways to exploit it. Whatever they are paying, it certainly does not cover the cost of the benefits they receive. Try again.
Really...and what report are you referring to? May you direct me to a US government report that shows the US is accepting billions in tax dollars from illegals, and then the feds and states are paying more in services. I would love to see that report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration