Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 04:34 AM

335 posts, read 328,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Parasites? Wow, strong words to call a group of people who work hard to provide a better future for their families. Nice to know you think of human beings as parasites.

Maybe that child of an illegal will be that doctor who will save your life oneday...you never know.
A group of people who have illegally entered our country and committed crimes including ID theft, document fraud, Social Security fraud, employment "I-9 Form" fraud, income tax evasion, and conspiracy to violate immigration laws. Nice group of people, huh?

Maybe we should just let everybody in the world come to the U.S. because that next child who's born in Mongolia, or Egypt, or Germany, or China, or Mozambique, or Peru could have been born here instead, and that child might be that doctor who will save my life someday...you never know.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Millions? And yes, all those fake SSNs that the US teasury collects taxes on. Why do you think they invented the ITIN? To keep collecting. Let's not play the victims here.
Using a fake Social Security number is a felony. So you are admitting that illegal aliens are committing felonies? And you support these felons?

Old 11-14-2009, 04:43 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,046,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
A group of people who have illegally entered our country and committed crimes including ID theft, document fraud, Social Security fraud, employment "I-9 Form" fraud, income tax evasion, and conspiracy to violate immigration laws. Nice group of people, huh?

Maybe we should just let everybody in the world come to the U.S. because that next child who's born in Mongolia, or Egypt, or Germany, or China, or Mozambique, or Peru could have been born here instead, and that child might be that doctor who will save my life someday...you never know.
The issue at hand is not the parent.

Quote:
My question is, a person who can trace their "roots" back to let's say the mid 1700s America, more American than the first Generation Mexican American whose parents are illegal aliens?
Is a child of illegal immigrants less American or not American?

Old 11-14-2009, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Right. So many LEGAL people are working with other people's SSN numbers and paying taxes. If you are legal and have your own SSN, why would you work with someone elses? Doesn't make sense.

My point is:

Yes we have illegal immigrants. We need to secure the border and stop the influx of illegal immigrants from all parts of the world. Now are they parasites like some would like to suggest? No. Believe it or not, they pay taxes. They use and pay for services. They shop and spend billions on products, which help our American corporations. People who spend billions in taxes and goods are hardly parasites in my book.
If we replaced all illegal aliens in our workforce with legal immigrants, then these legal immigrants would be the ones paying taxes, and using and paying for services. The legal immigrants would be the ones shopping and spending billions on products, which helps our American corporations. There is nothing special about illegal aliens. We don't need them in this country for any reason.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:59 AM

Quote:
If you are so concerned that these billions of dollars are being wasted on illegals, let's make them legal. There, problem solved. They can all pay taxes and pay their fair share. See, simple solution.
A simple solution? Yes. A smart solution? No. Advocating rewarding people for violating the law is senseless, idiotic, and illogical. So, do you also advocate rewarding American lawbreakers for violating the law? Anyway, amnesties don't solve the problem of illegal immigration. The last major amnesty was granted in 1986 and the illegal immigration problem is 10 times worse today.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:00 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,046,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
If we replaced all illegal aliens in our workforce with legal immigrants, then these legal immigrants would be the ones paying taxes, and using and paying for services. The legal immigrants would be the ones shopping and spending billions on products, which helps our American corporations. There is nothing special about illegal aliens. We don't need them in this country for any reason.
You are very right. The problem is that it costs to deport them. Money we dont have. We can replace illegal with legal by LEGALIZING them.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:19 AM

Quote:
I am for solutions. Secure the border..and do NOT LET ANYONE IN. We let them in and everyone is crying bloody murder. We have people here for years and decades. If anyone thinks the United States is going to round them all up and deport them is smoking some good stuff. Never going to happen. So what to do with all these folks. Legalized them...no other option. But, before that...the border must be sealed tight. It is in our country's best interest to legalize these folks as we need the tax revenue. Pay a fine, and take the steps to legalization. These people did not commit murder, rape or some other felony. And they are not criminals until they are convicted in a court of law of a crime. It's simple mathematics. Hello, SS is going broke...many states are broke. Many states would benefit too. Why have these people here and not contribute 100%. Remember, they're not going anywhere! Pro-illegal for me is someone who is cool with people coming in illegally and living here as if it were all good. That I am not.

We don't need to roundup all illegal aliens in order to rid our country of them. If we pass tough laws and ENFORCE them, we could cut illegal aliens off from all jobs by making it practically impossible for them to get hired here. This could be done by making the E-verify system mandatory for all employers to use. We could also make the penalties for knowingly hiring an illegal alien so severe that most employers wouldn't even consider doing it. Also, we could make it practically impossible for illegal aliens to be able to sign up for any taxpayer funded social service program by using the E-verify program or a similar program to verify citizenship and immigration status.

If we implemented these laws and programs, millions of illegal aliens would begin to self-deport because, without access to jobs and taxpayer funded freebies, illegal aliens would have no incentives to stay here. The ones who don't leave on their own would eventually come to the attention of law enforcement, at which time they would be arrested and deported.

By the way, any illegal alien who is working, or has worked, in the United States has committed at least one felony.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Calling people scum. People who want to live a decent life. Provide a better future for their children, like all parents do. I wonder what you were do if you were in their shoes and had children to care for. It's says a lot about a person when they use the language you do towards people you have never met. Never interacted with. Never interviewed to see why they came illegally? What led them to leave their homeland to risk their lives to come here. No, because they are beneath you, and you are a better person.
People aren't supposed to commit felonies in order to live a decent life. Parents aren't supposed to commit felonies in order to provide a better future for their children. I tend not to interact with people who commit felonies in order to get what they want out of life, nor do I have the desire to interview people to find out why they chose to commit felonies.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:34 AM

Senator Jacob Howard, the author of the citizenship clause in the 14th Amendment, said this in regard to the true meaning of the citizenship clause:

"This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons."

Old 11-14-2009, 05:51 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
You are very right. The problem is that it costs to deport them. Money we dont have. We can replace illegal with legal by LEGALIZING them.
Thus rewarding their criminal behavior. Message sent? Ignore our laws, if enough break the law we will grant an amnesty.
I have asked this question countless times. Where do we draw the line?
Which crimes will we grant amnesty because of numbers? It has been demonstrated that past amnesties only made the problem worse. What do we tell the immigrants who followed the rules? The ones who were denied VISA's? Sorry but you would have been better to simply break the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration