Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 08:38 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Believe it or not Benicar, we are a global world now. This is not 1950s America anymore. We are all connected by the wonder which is the internet, as we are now.

Countries depend on each other to survive. You saw the ripple effect the US economy had on the world and vice versa.

He didn't mean eveyone is American, but the all American look is not what it use to be.
But our basic culture remains intact. English language,etc. We never did all look alike anyway. This is nothing new.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:40 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Oh please...those americans are home collecting welfare and unemployment while eating bon bons watching The View and Maury Povich. A decent wage to wash cars, mop floors, work at fast food joints and collect fruits and vegtables. Like I said, you think these people work for LESS than minimum wage which is considered decent by the US congress? No, like I said, all these americans you refer to would rather stay home and collect them checks.
I often wonder how this country became so powerful and prosperous with so many lazy worthless citizens. You pro-illegals kill me. You act as though we were living in a vast wasteland before we were blessed with the hardworking illegals. If illegal aliens are so great, why the hell are they fleeing their counties to come here? Why don’t they use some of that hard work and ingenuity to improve their own damn countries? Please.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Believe it or not Benicar, we are a global world now. This is not 1950s America anymore. We are all connected by the wonder which is the internet, as we are now.

Countries depend on each other to survive. You saw the ripple effect the US economy had on the world and vice versa.

He didn't mean eveyone is American, but the all American look is not what it use to be.
You don’t say. I certainly hope it isn’t 1950. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be on the internet. Heck, I wouldn’t even be born. But thanks for that tidbit. Who knew?

Old 11-13-2009, 08:50 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You don’t say. I certainly hope it isn’t 1950. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be on the internet. Heck, I wouldn’t even be born. But thanks for that tidbit. Who knew?
Many act if is cultural norms and identity haven't changed...so...

Old 11-13-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
omg...You don't get, do you. Your problem is you like to judge people without knowing the person you are judging. You just like to lump people together and general comments about whole groups of people, because you are better than they are...natuarally...RIGHT?

And who are you referring to as lazy worthless citizens. You really have some nerve lady, and just proves that your opinion is basically merit-less, because you speak with malice and nothing else.

Why don’t they use some of that hard work and ingenuity to improve their own damn countries? Please
Why did the Europeans live Europe and didn't fix things there?? Please....
You are the one who berated U.S. citizens and called us lazy. Or, have you forgotten that quickly. Go back and re-read your post in which you praised illegals, and said Americans just want to sit around and eat and watch TV.

The Europeans didn't come here to take, they came here to give to this country. BIG difference.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
omg...You don't get, do you. Your problem is you like to judge people without knowing the person you are judging. You just like to lump people together and general comments about whole groups of people, because you are better than they are...natuarally...RIGHT?

And who are you referring to as lazy worthless citizens. You really have some nerve lady, and just proves that your opinion is basically merit-less, because you speak with malice and nothing else.

Why don’t they use some of that hard work and ingenuity to improve their own damn countries? Please
Why did the Europeans live Europe and didn't fix things there?? Please....
Because it is too damn easy for illegals to live here in the USA-----------if it was made to be hell for them, most of 'em would remain put and build up their own nations.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:56 PM

277 posts, read 368,716 times
Quote:
I often wonder how this country became so powerful and prosperous with so many lazy worthless citizens. You pro-illegals kill me. You act as though we were living in a vast wasteland before we were blessed with the hardworking illegals. If illegal aliens are so great, why the hell are they fleeing their counties to come here? Why don’t they use some of that hard work and ingenuity to improve their own damn countries? Please.
Making up things again Benicar? First of all, I am not pro-illegal. Please don't make assumptions with individuals on this board as you do with groups of people.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Making up things again Benicar? First of all, I am not pro-illegal. Please don't make assumptions with individuals on this board as you do with groups of people.
Dementia, John C.H.?

Quote:
Oh please...those americans are home collecting welfare and unemployment while eating bon bons watching The View and Maury Povich. A decent wage to wash cars, mop floors, work at fast food joints and collect fruits and vegtables. Like I said, you think these people work for LESS than minimum wage which is considered decent by the US congress? No, like I said, all these americans you refer to would rather stay home and collect them checks. Again, we love to play the victims.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Dementia, John C.H.?
Umm...he wasn't making generalizations. He was being somewhat poetic. Trying to "paint a picture" if you will, of what an unemployed person is like. See, no generalizations about broad groups of people were made.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Because it is too damn easy for illegals to live here in the USA-----------if it was made to be hell for them, most of 'em would remain put and build up their own nations.
That's REALLY simplistic. In fact so simplistic that it doesn't take into account, well, anything of substance and value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration