Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 06:34 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Who cares what country has what laws, we need to obey and cherish our laws, and birthright citizenship is the law of the land, lame efforts to try to overturn this law have failed miserably, it has the support of a very large sector of the population and it will be political suicide to try to mess with it, ask Lou Dobbs, lol......
Certain other laws deemed to be 'written in stone'; i.e. Jim Crow laws were declared unconstitutional------------so, what makes you think that birthright citizenship would be any different?

Old 11-14-2009, 06:36 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
According to the dictionary anchor baby refers to a child whos parents are legal and illegal.

http://www.doubletongued.org/index.p...y/anchor_baby/

Due to your father and my parents, that would make us both anchor babies. Even if my grandparents had green cards (no expiration date/unlimited entrance).

What happend to the law is the law?
Even if that info is correct; which I strongly doubt, it would not apply to me since my mother was born/raised in the USA.

PS: my father was already a naturalized US citizen; not a green card holder when I was born.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 11-14-2009 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: Added some info

Old 11-14-2009, 07:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
I don't know, is it?

The intelligence is amazing.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:05 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,479,181 times
Quote:
This coming for a person who says the following about people...no matter if they are legal, illegal, black or white.....

"Yes, they are individuals. But they are individuals who shouldn’t be here, and need to be deported. Ignoring this problem will not make it disappear. We need to aggressively pursue this scum -- not attempt to hide the fact that they exist."

Calling people scum. People who want to live a decent life. Provide a better future for their children, like all parents do. I wonder what you were do if you were in their shoes and had children to care for. It's says a lot about a person when they use the language you do towards people you have never met. Never interacted with. Never interviewed to see why they came illegally? What led them to leave their homeland to risk their lives to come here. No, because they are beneath you, and you are a better person.
It seems to me that I've heard this somewhere before............

Quote:
John C H
Not a member

Agreed. Most illegals come here for economic reasons. The vast majority are poor people. White Latinos and Latinos with money, business', land have no reason to come here and stay.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
90% of percentages on the internet are made up on the spot.
Read it and weep.

Quote:
Hispanic physicians number about 4% of the physician workforce in the United States.
https://secure5.webfirst.com/nhma/resident.htm

That's right, Jack. According to the National Hispanic Medical Association, a whopping 4% of physicians are hispanic.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:11 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
This coming for a person who says the following about people...no matter if they are legal, illegal, black or white.....

"Yes, they are individuals. But they are individuals who shouldn’t be here, and need to be deported. Ignoring this problem will not make it disappear. We need to aggressively pursue this scum -- not attempt to hide the fact that they exist."

Calling people scum. People who want to live a decent life. Provide a better future for their children, like all parents do. I wonder what you were do if you were in their shoes and had children to care for. It's says a lot about a person when they use the language you do towards people you have never met. Never interacted with. Never interviewed to see why they came illegally? What led them to leave their homeland to risk their lives to come here. No, because they are beneath you, and you are a better person.
We Americans are so beyond this bleeding heart carp. Have your house broken into a few times, your identity or credit cards stolen, compete with them in the ER while a loved one is bleeding, then tell us how you feel. They don't all come here to work. They may come here to try and better themselves but it sure as h*LL

SHOULDN'T BE AT THE EXPENSE OF US.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We Americans are so beyond this bleeding heart carp. Have your house broken into a few times, your identity or credit cards stolen, compete with them in the ER while a loved one is bleeding, then tell us how you feel. They don't all come here to work. They may come here to try and better themselves but it sure as h*LL

Let them go somewhere else to better themselves.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:55 PM

277 posts, read 368,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The intelligence is amazing.
Not knowing sarcasm...amazing.

Let's make it personal, shall we?

Old 11-14-2009, 09:58 PM

277 posts, read 368,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Wow....I don't have that sense of doom and gloom and hell you speak of. And I live in Houston...if anyone should feel that way here it's me or another Houstonian. Sorry you feel that way. And how do you know that those people in the ER are illegal anyway? You just can "tell"...I get it. Why do people always make themselves out to be victims here. I'm an American Citizen who's quality of life is suffering because of people they assume are illegal in the ER. I don't get it. That just tells me you have a stereotype of what you think an illegal alien is. It's like people saying that black kid with the baggy pants and corn rolls is a gangster. We just "know".

Old 11-14-2009, 11:42 PM

411 posts, read 468,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
It seems to me that I've heard this somewhere before............

Hispanics have by far, the lowest incidence of serial killers, mass murderes, pedophiles, terrorists, people on disability, suicide, etc. in the US. Hispanics have the highest incidence of employment in the US...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration