Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 10:03 PM

277 posts, read 368,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I agree with you. You know, they keep asking for proof that he is not racist and even when we do give them the info, they excuse it or dismiss it but in the end, it only hurts their cause.

I have said in the past, I dont care if someone reports on illegal immigration and if they are against it but at least do it in a way that does not show bias and provides reliable sources. We will see how John King does.

It does amaze me that in a short three months of the cause, he was done.
If calling a black person "cotton picking" anything isn't racist, I don't what is in 2009.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Mr. Dobbs does NOT have an alliance with white supremecist groups.. Sorry! His wife is a Latina and his children have hispanic blood..

Even if that were the case, which it is NOT, there is a current Supreme Court Justice that has ties to the racist National Council of La Raza..
LOL. If you people think because he is married to a Latina, that clears him of all wrong, that is just naive. His wife isn't like those "other" latinas. Come on guys, please...let's keep it real.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:08 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
If calling a black person "cotton picking" anything isn't racist, I don't what is in 2009.
I agree and there are at least two youtubes with two different incidents that he uses that word, both time he is refering to African Americans. The second time was toward C. Rice. I have never heard him say that toward another person of a different ethnicity but in this forum, I have seen at least one other forumer who exucused his behavior. Its amazing!

Using that phrase is totally unacceptable, unprofessional and unethical. Specially at a work place, and worse...on national TV.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I agree and there are at least two youtubes with two different incidents that he uses that word, both time he is refering to African Americans. The second time was toward C. Rice. I have never heard him say that toward another person of a different ethnicity but in this forum, I have seen at least one other forumer who exucused his behavior. Its amazing!

Using that phrase is totally unacceptable, unprofessional and unethical. Specially at a work place, and worse...on national TV.
Totally agree.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:12 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,055 times
What TYT thinks of Lou Dobbs running for office and his many opportunities...LOL. Right at 2:50...
TYT anchor states president of CNN told him (John Klein), he had been trying to get him out of CNN.

Watch "the last of the Mohicans" speech...LOL

YouTube - What's the Real Reason Lou Dobbs Left CNN?

Last edited by zacatecana; 11-15-2009 at 12:33 AM..

Old 11-15-2009, 07:45 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
He said those "cotton picking" politicians! It means the same thing a those "dog goned" politicians. There was no racial intent!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:48 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
He said those "cotton picking" politicians! It means the same thing a those "dog goned" politicians. There was no racial intent!
100% correct. Even if 'cotton picking' once had racial undertones-----------its meaning has changed. Much like the word 'Redneck': it used to mean PW Trash............it is now becoming a term of endearment for Americans as a group------------of any race/ancestral ethnicity.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
What TYT thinks of Lou Dobbs running for office and his many opportunities...LOL. Right at 2:50...
TYT anchor states president of CNN told him (John Klein), he had been trying to get him out of CNN.

Watch "the last of the Mohicans" speech...LOL

YouTube - What's the Real Reason Lou Dobbs Left CNN?
Who cares what TYT thinks? Let's hear a direct quote from John Klein that he had been trying to get Dobbs out of CNN instead of some liberal, left wing hosts who were probably part of the groups trying to get rid of him. You can tell that by their sarcasm and laughing about the whole incident.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:

He wasn't calling Condoleza Rice a cotton picker as in someone who picks cottton. Saying those "cotton pickers" in today's world is just a term meaning that someone is not being honest or being ridiculous. Saying those "dog goned"..... means the same thing. They are common terms used today for the description that I gave.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Having a Mexican American wife does not give anyone authority to degrade that ethnicity but since you dont believe that about the Mexican ethnicity, I will give you an example of another. Maybe you will get it this time.

YouTube - Lou Dobbs "Slips Again" (New) Racist Remark

Okay getting back on topic, any thoughts on Lou Dobbs and running for political office?

Ok, so what did Dobbs say that was racist without taking it out of context. I couldn't get the sound to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration