Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 09:33 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
It is becoming more apparent that CNN's ostracization of Lou was politically motivated..

CNN apparently wanted to get rid of "advocacy journalism", but still carries Rick Sanchez, who has recently on a nightly basis presented heart-warming stories about why the Dream Act should be passed or stories about why Sheriff Joe should be stripped of his badge.. Seems they have allowed the ethnocentric Mr. Sanchez to carry on..
I guess CNN is trying to replace all of those followers of Lou that have no reason to watch CNN anymore with more of the tribally ethnocentric hispanics, legal and especially those illegal. Sanchez does have that tendency to make most Lou followers gag.

Politically motivated? Probably safe to assume that. Keeping the American sheeple informed about the illegal Mexican invasion was keeping the community organizer in chief from passing his amnesty giving millions of illegal alien future Democratic voters voting rights to create a permanent Democratic majority as well as letting the American sheeple know what an atrocious bill Obamacare was no doubt sent Rahm Emanual out of the WH in assassination mode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 09:43 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,769,591 times
Anti-Illegals meet your new advocate

"Anti-Illegals"?

Does anyone else see the irony- no, the inaneness of that phrase? What's next? "Anti-murderers"?

If something is illegal, does it make sense to attach the prefix, "anti" to it?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:56 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post

"Anti-Illegals"?

Does anyone else see the irony- no, the inaneness of that phrase? What's next? "Anti-murderers"?

What you bolded is shorthand for being anti illegal immigration.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:33 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Since the "pro-illegals like the blur the lines between legal and illegal is became necessary for us to distinguish between the two groups.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:21 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,552,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post

"Anti-Illegals"?

I see the irony....have mentioned it frequently, in terms very much like yours, and agree with your post. I've also remarked on the existence of the illegal immigration "debate". Debate? WHAT debate?...what are the two sides of this debate? One side says they're illegal, and the other side says they're NOT illegal? I've never understood the 'debate' aspect of this....nor have I ever heard of 'the drunk driving debate'....or the 'pro-pickpocket lobby'...or the 'anti-practicing-medicine-without-a-license' group. How about the 'pro-littering' apologists? Or the 'right to impersonate a police officer' crowd? I've never heard of any of these groups, nor any 'debate' concerning them...probably because that would sound totally ludicrous. But illegal immigration is somehow 'different', we're told. With THAT, we have a 'debate'.

I don't get it...

Old 11-19-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I see the irony....have mentioned it frequently, in terms very much like yours, and agree with your post. I've also remarked on the existence of the illegal immigration "debate". Debate? WHAT debate?...what are the two sides of this debate? One side says they're illegal, and the other side says they're NOT illegal? I've never understood the 'debate' aspect of this....nor have I ever heard of 'the drunk driving debate'....or the 'pro-pickpocket lobby'...or the 'anti-practicing-medicine-without-a-license' group. How about the 'pro-littering' apologists? Or the 'right to impersonate a police officer' crowd? I've never heard of any of these groups, nor any 'debate' concerning them...probably because that would sound totally ludicrous. But illegal immigration is somehow 'different', we're told. With THAT, we have a 'debate'.

I don't get it...
I don't get it either. We are all supposed to be Americans and with that honor comes the obligation to respect our laws. With that honor comes the obligation to put out country and its citizens first. But there is a certain segment of our society that has drifted away from those American ideals and replaced it with greed, power and loyalty to one's own tribe and foreign interests instead. We are no longer a nation united we have become divided. As you stated there is no debate on the right or wrong of any other crimes committed in this country nor the punishment for those crimes but the crime of illegal immigration has to be debated?

Old 11-20-2009, 12:49 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

I don't get it...
It is a debate macmeal or it would not have lasted and continue this long. I dont think I have ever said they are NOT ILLEGAL. If I did please remind me.

This issue is not only about policy or lack of. Enforcement or lack of. Its about the economy, employment and families that are being ripped apart. You can disagree with my opinion but I think there is more to the issue of illegal immigration DEBATE.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:26 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The la raza line is that many Latinos (especially Mestizos I have noticed) perceive other Latinos as 'race traitors' if they assimilate as unhyphenated Americans. Although la raza would gag if confronted with the late White supremacist Judge Leander Perez of St Bernard Parish, La of 50 years ago. Despite Perez being of Canary Island Spanish lineage...........he was a member of the White Citizen's Council and was in cahoots with the KKK.

Remember that genetically speaking; most Spaniards or the unmixed descendents of same are closer to English people than Mexicans so that makes 'Latino' a political. not a cultural label.

Why I say that is R1b; the Y chromosome, is carried by most English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, etc. men and their New World descendents..........both Hispanic and Anglo.

Besides: not every person out there with a stereotypical Hispanic surname is Latino. I looked up under Ancestry.com for 'Rodriguez' and found quite a few Anglos with that surname; they came from Ireland (Mitchell), Hungary (Mihaly), as well as Englind, Germany, etc.
First of all, "la raza" as I have stated a number of times, means "gang" or "my friends". In the US, some of the groups have changed that to mean the "race"...the way you interpret it most of the time. When I said "us", I did not mean "my race". There is no such thing. Among some Mexicans, if they are friends or family, it is common to use the word "w******" and it would not be considered an insult but if used by an outsider, even if he was Mexican, it could be an insult.

I think you have a big problem categorizing people by color. If white...Anglo, if brown or mestizo...la raza. There are many white Latinos who do identify themselves as Latinos, as well as many Blacks. There are also many mestizos who do not adhere to the whole "la raza reconquista". BTW, as I understand Anglo is also an ethnicity and it originated in England. You are free to identify as you want, so is the judge. As a Latina...I am very proud to remain and a last name means nothing.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:10 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
First of all, "la raza" as I have stated a number of times, means "gang" or "my friends". In the US, some of the groups have changed that to mean the "race"...the way you interpret it most of the time. When I said "us", I did not mean "my race". There is no such thing. Among some Mexicans, if they are friends or family, it is common to use the word "w******" and it would not be considered an insult but if used by an outsider, even if he was Mexican, it could be an insult.

I think you have a big problem categorizing people by color. If white...Anglo, if brown or mestizo...la raza. There are many white Latinos who do identify themselves as Latinos, as well as many Blacks. There are also many mestizos who do not adhere to the whole "la raza reconquista". BTW, as I understand Anglo is also an ethnicity and it originated in England. You are free to identify as you want, so is the judge. As a Latina...I am very proud to remain and a last name means nothing.
Anglo here in the Southwest refers to any non Hispanic White person--------even a Spanish surnamed Brit, Italian, etc. I definitely qualify as such despite being maybe 25% English heritage at most. Suffice to say: my original surname name sounded 'Hispanic' and I was asked to produce ID to prove at DMV (by a Mestizo employee) who I was one time since I am quite Nordic in appearance.

PS: my stepsisters; definitely Anglo of Irish/Italian heritage look like typical Latinas. OTOH: I knew a Scots-Irish family back east; 100% Anglo culturally i.e. Presbyterian, English speaking, Irish surname, did not know what Mexican food was, etc. who also looked 'Latino'----------their paternal grandmother was a 'brown' Mexican and the mother may have been a Latina as well. Suffice to say: the four daughters were just as 'Latina' in appearance as my stepsisters.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
It is a debate macmeal or it would not have lasted and continue this long. I dont think I have ever said they are NOT ILLEGAL. If I did please remind me.

This issue is not only about policy or lack of. Enforcement or lack of. Its about the economy, employment and families that are being ripped apart. You can disagree with my opinion but I think there is more to the issue of illegal immigration DEBATE.
You mean like American families being "ripped apart" because an American commits a crime and goes to jail for it? I don't see any debate occuring over those "ripped apart" families. If you can't do the time then don't do the crime. The same thing applies to illegals. They created this problem for themselves and shouldn't be treated special for it or any different than the America family scenario above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration