Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 03:34 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i stayed out of this one, but...

who exactly thinks that all latinos "buy the la raza line"
maybe ignorant folk. but otherwise i KNOW this group is not a monolith. most educated people know this. therefore there really is no need to provide examples of someone not falling in line with what people think they should (based on skin color or last name.

its like assuming all black folk belong to the NAACP.

its not a suprise to me that there are lots of "latinos" with differening political, social, economic views.

therefore its NON NEWS and silly when mentioned.

as for the cotton pickin anything, dont ever call me that. my elders didnt take kind to that word. it was the same as "boy". it came from a specific mouth with a specific intent. to make us feel less than.

i aint no "cotton pickin" nothing. i aint your "boy".
my family and elders resent those words for how they have been used.
That relates to my post that you quoted how?

I sure as hell did not use either 'cotton picking' or 'boy' in any of my posts; good, bad or indifferent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 03:42 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times
it doesnt. i was just too lazy to put it in another post. ill put it in a seperate post so you can actually rspond to my post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That relates to my post that you quoted how?

I sure as hell did not use either 'cotton picking' or 'boy' in any of my posts; good, bad or indifferent.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:44 PM

You obviously know nothing about the NCLR...
no need to parrot what others spew.

think for yourself.

and again La Raza is in reference to LA RAZA COSMICA.

the cosmic race. african/euro/indigenous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Well finally it is admitted. Raza does mean race! All those other words you claim that also mean raza are BS. They all have their own Spanish words for them. Race doesn't even have the same meaning as just plain old folk in ANY langauge. Race has a very distinct meaning. It has to do with genetics and ethnicity. Here in the U.S. it is commonly known that La Raza refers to the Hispanics who are usually of mixed Spanish and Native Indian blood on this continent. That is who the NCLR are advocates for just like the NAACP is an advocate group for blacks. But the NAACP isn't pushing for an invasion/amnesty for their group. It is the NCLR that does. It is an ethnocentric, racist, anti-American group IMO.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:45 PM

dammmm i couldnt edit it anymore.

anyway AZ the first part of that post is for you.
the latter part is for the WOLRD!!!!

Quote:
it doesnt. i was just too lazy to put it in another post. ill put it in a seperate post so you can actually rspond to my post...

Old 11-20-2009, 04:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
dammmm i couldnt edit it anymore.

anyway AZ the first part of that post is for you.
the latter part is for the WOLRD!!!!
Fair enough. It is all good

Old 11-20-2009, 08:55 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,634,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I cant speak for every Black person but I can tell you that in my circle of friends it was discussed and they feel strongly against those words. It could be one of those words where people of the same ethnicity are divided like I know Latinos have some as well.

One of my friends said to me that,

I dont think we can equate for example, the origins of the word "picnic" whos definition has evolved with the phrase "cotton picking" that is a more direct insult... a euphemism, imo.
What i find so tiring is hearing about the "black experience" in America.....my brothers picked cotton when they were young, just as my mother and father did while they were farming.... they were all white and it didnt kill them. There were a lot of things that were not right but, it wont end until they (blacks) agree to end the endless whinning... "cotton pickin' " is just a phrase.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:25 AM

51 posts, read 65,164 times
Quote:
I agree with you. You know, they keep asking for proof that he is not racist and even when we do give them the info, they excuse it or dismiss it but in the end, it only hurts their cause.

I have said in the past, I dont care if someone reports on illegal immigration and if they are against it but at least do it in a way that does not show bias and provides reliable sources. We will see how John King does.

It does amaze me that in a short three months of the cause, he was done.
You give the ethnocentric racist groups far to much credit. Do you honestly believe that Lou resigned because of 3 short months of ethnocentric racist pressure? Lou Dobbs wanted his freedom and in addition to getting it he walked away 8 MILLION dollars richer, with a large constituency of fed up Americans and free to run for office if he so chooses.

By the time the 2012 elections come around Americans will be so fed up they will go to the polls and crucify any candidate who thinks amnesty, the DREAM Act and anyone associated with supporting illegal immigration was worth the price they will pay at the polls.

Your celebration will be short-lived and the verbal rath of Lou Dobbs will be the least of any of your worries. As a matter of fact, those of you who consider Lou's departure from CNN a victory, will soon find the squeeky wheels of LaRaza just put the final nail in the coffins of all ethnocentric racist and illegal alien supporters.

Last edited by blacktalon1; 11-21-2009 at 10:36 AM..

Old 11-21-2009, 02:26 PM

411 posts, read 468,751 times
Quote:
If he runs for office, I doubt he will win. With his history of spreading lies, his alliance with white supremacist groups and talking negatively against people of color, that leaves a very small minority of followers.

FT.com / Media - Dobbs quits CNN in pursuit of higher calling

It was just revealed that CNN was so desperate to get rid of this bozo lou dobbs that they gave him 8 million bucks so that he woud vanish, I always
knew he got canned, I am still very happy about it....

Old 11-21-2009, 02:30 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,868,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
It was just revealed that CNN was so desperate to get rid of this bozo lou dobbs that they gave him 8 million bucks so that he woud vanish, I always
knew he got canned, I am still very happy about it....
You know that CNN rankings have been going down and that he had the highest ratings on CNN, don't you? Americans dislike illegals and that's why he was so popular on CNN.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:39 PM

411 posts, read 468,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
You know that CNN rankings have been going down and that he had the highest ratings on CNN, don't you? Americans dislike illegals and that's why he was so popular on CNN.

Check out this link that shows his ratings were declining, along with the fact that spanish groups put pressure for his dissmisal, in fact there are several spanish groups claiming victory due to the firing.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration