Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 08:53 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,870,742 times

Advertisements

No need to "loosen" anything. They will come over under the refugee immigration program, which is already in place and has nothing to do with the regular immigration.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:44 AM

183 posts, read 242,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I guess they'll like the free health care we give other illegals here. We'll just have to slap some more taxes on working Americans to support the huge health care needs of all the millions of people the government wants to bring in.

It won't matter what's good for the USA, our politicians have long abandoned that notion.

Thats what Ive been saying all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post
No, I don't believe we should. First off, it sets a dangerous precedent. Is the US going to "adopt" the people of a third world country every time one experiences a disaster? Also, we are currently in a recession. What jobs are the Haitians going to do? They do not have any education so they will be looking for the lowest available jobs. These jobs obviously do not pay a lot, if they do manage to get one. Where are they going to live? In poor, crime ridden neighborhoods. Can these neighborhoods handle a mass influx of people? Can the schools in these neighborhoods handle a mass influx of new students? Obviously, these neighborhoods are much better than what Haiti is (and was) but it seems a bit cruel (not sure if that's the right word...) to take them from their homeland and drop them in the middle of Detroit. You also have to worry about keeping families together---aunts, uncles, cousins.
exactly...in order to be able to help these people we have to have the help to give thme which realisticly we dont have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I agree, Benicar. It would be inhumane to return these Haitians to their homeland right now with the country in chaos and with no means to support themselves, food and clean water are scarce and the disease there right now due to all the dead being stacked in the streets. Let's let the country stabilize and then deport them. You are correct, if not for all the illegal aliens we are supporting in this country already we could probably help them and other countries more in their time of need and perhaps help them create an economy of their own.
If the government sent the illegals back that would be a miracle in its self. If they had cracked down and kept them from coming in and catering to their needs we would have help to give them, it wouldnt even be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I am as anti-illegal as they come. However, to deport Haitian illegals during this period of catastrophic devastation, IMO would be inhumane. Therefore, I would have no issue with postponing their deportation (no TPS) until the situation has stabilized, and they can return home to join their fellow countrymen in rebuilding their nation. But, we simply cannot send them back at this time, under these tragic circumstances.

I agree with Nativechief. It is unrealistic to offer refugee status to Haitians, unless we simultaneously deport an equal number of illegal aliens. Since we have a disproportionate number of Mexican illegal aliens, they should be deported first. We can start by replacing those already being housed in hotel detention centers. I’m sure the Haitians would be very appreciative of our generosity, unlike our current ingrate illegals who consider it an entitlement, and arrogantly demand more.

If not for being overburdened by millions of illegal aliens and their US-born children, coupled with our current economic woes, perhaps we could afford to be more charitable to those truly in need.
Exactly. If we had cracked down on this from the beginning wed have been able to help them by more, we wouldnt even be questioning it. The problem is is 1st it unrealistic to think we can help them, we cant we have nothing to offer them... its all been ate up by the illegals already in this country. 2nd when the time comes to send them back how do you go about getting every single one and sending them back? If this were possible then why havent we already done it with the ones that are already here living freely off of us? And then there is the diseases and illness... if they dont get treated before entering U.S. guess whos going to be effected by it? Can we realy afford another outbreak like the swine flu? We have no jobs or housing to offer them, unless you are willing to give up yours because these other illegals sure wont. Sending them back over the border to allow the Haitians to come is just as realistic as us being able to realy help them and having the sources to help them... its impossible.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:39 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
First off, it's not 20...it's more like 11 million. Secondly, no it's not.
How do you know that there's not 30 million illegals in this country? And I guess that you're taking the La Racist position that we mustn't deport unwanted illegal border jumpers, we must let them stay here until Maobama can get the illegals amnestied into future democratic voters?

Old 01-15-2010, 10:42 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
No need to "loosen" anything. They will come over under the refugee immigration program, which is already in place and has nothing to do with the regular immigration.
Are you talking about that amnesty democratic politician's farm program to bring 3rd world poverty victims into the country, subject them to democratic welfare programs and turn them into welfare dependent future democratic voters?

Old 01-15-2010, 11:54 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,442,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regular Poster View Post
It is only a matter of time before large number of Haitians attempt to leave their country on boats. What should be done when hundreds of boats leave their shores heading for America? Should we send them back home or let them stay here in America? (If we let them stay more will follow) If we send them back we will be criticized.
I'd rather be criticized!

Old 01-15-2010, 12:58 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,671,547 times
the assumption is that these people would be able to help rebuild. that can be the case, but in the interim they would need room and board and myriad other services. deporting those here in the US to haiti would usurp resources intended for those who LIVE there. who do you think that costs? they would be additional bodies in need of assistance.

deporting haitians would essentially send them to a shelter(financed by us). id rather those that are here to stay here and continue to work at whatever restaurant they do or continue to to live off of their family and friends.

the way i see it is that we wouldnt need to provide as much assistance to them here, like we would if they were over there in haiti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Why not? We keep hearing from your side that illegals are all hard working honest people. maybe its time to put up or shut up. Are they or are they not?
What is it the pro-illegal side says? That illegals are willing to work harder than us evil Americans. Willing to work longer hours than us lazy evil Americans. Ok lets give them the incentive to build a nation. They fix it they can keep it.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:59 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,870,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Are you talking about that amnesty democratic politician's farm program to bring 3rd world poverty victims into the country, subject them to democratic welfare programs and turn them into welfare dependent future democratic voters?
There are jsut special laws that apply to refugees.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:01 PM

what a silly suggestion!
get real.

we dont do anything about the thousands of illegals coming over the southern border?

i suggest you watch that new A&E show about the border.

i think most posters are uninformed and buy into this hysteria about a lax southern border.

crossings are down. more illegals are being deported than ever. the situation is not as dire as you all think.

thanks for the laughs tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Maybe remove one million of our illegal aliens from mexico and give their jobs to one million Haitians. If we are going to have illegals here we might as well not be racist about it and spread it around. Can someone tell me why if a few Haitians are seen on a boat floating towards the USA we send out ships and planes and coast guard cutters etc to STOP them but yet when we have thousands of mexicans sneaking in every night we do very little,,,,Seems racist to me. Do the Haitians not also want to work hard to feed their familys? They got just as much right to be here as any other race yet not.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:04 PM

that goof thinks its 20 million mexicans!!

god they love to exagerate! like a little girl pointing at a daddy long legs and screaming TARANTULA!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
First off, it's not 20...it's more like 11 million. Secondly, no it's not.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:15 PM

you just lost all credibility.
well when you made this about democrats and republicans you did.
but with the maobama comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
How do you know that there's not 30 million illegals in this country? And I guess that you're taking the La Racist position that we mustn't deport unwanted illegal border jumpers, we must let them stay here until Maobama can get the illegals amnestied into future democratic voters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration