Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:55 PM

65 posts, read 77,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Your argument is moot. It is illegal for a foreigner to be in the USA (or any other nation) without appropriate paperwork.
So you didn't understand, that's fine. Could've simply stated that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 02:08 PM

50,356 posts, read 47,099,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorious View Post
According to Pew, most don't use social services. Most make enough to pay taxes (45k average income) Also, remittances sent via wire are still taxed (in the sense that the organization that wires the money pays taxes). If you sent money to your cousin in another country, why should you be taxed? It's your money to determine what you do with it.

It just seems that sometimes the info on here doesn't really take a good look at the data...but it always seems more emotion driven...
Please tell me how an Illegal is making 45k a year without a stolen social security number? Where do you get this stuff If he's making 45 a year how is he paying taxes? You really think some criminal alien would volunteer to pay taxes if they aren't forced to?

EVERY Illegal that has a kid has that kid in our school that WE tax payers pay for. Where are you getting this bogus information? Seriously.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
According to Pew, most don't use social services. Most make enough to pay taxes (45k average income) Also, remittances sent via wire are still taxed (in the sense that the organization that wires the money pays taxes). If you sent money to your cousin in another country, why should you be taxed? It's your money to determine what you do with it.

It just seems that sometimes the info on here doesn't really take a good look at the data...but it always seems more emotion driven...
Pew is not a reliable source in fact it is biased. There has been plenty of viable data provided in here supporting their overall negative to our tax coffers. Let me ask you this? What is your vested interest in the issue assuming you are an American that you would call opposition to illegal immigration "emotion driven" rather than a belief that we are a nation of laws and they are a net negative overall?

Old 03-11-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Please tell me how an Illegal is making 45k a year without a stolen social security number? Where do you get this stuff If he's making 45 a year how is he paying taxes? You really think some criminal alien would volunteer to pay taxes if they aren't forced to?
EVERY Illegal that has a kid has that kid in our school that WE tax payers pay for. Where are you getting this bogus information? Seriously.
You can read, correct...just playing with you. I told you Pew. Just google search, assuming you can type (fair assumption) and look up Pew Hispanic demographic data.

I do know that denial of education costs more than educating.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
How do you steal a job? I should tell my cousin since he's unemployed...
By offering to do it cheaper even though you don't even have a right to work in this country but then you knew that, didn't you?

Old 03-11-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Pew is not a reliable source in fact it is biased. There has been plenty of viable data provided in here supporting their overall negative to our tax coffers. Let me ask you this? What is your vested interest in the issue assuming you are an American that you would call opposition to illegal immigration "emotion driven" rather than a belief that we are a nation of laws and they are a net negative overall?
Pew is VERY reliable. Vested interest? That's what I mean by emotion...

Old 03-11-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
By offering to do it cheaper even though you don't even have a right to work in this country but then you knew that, didn't you?
That's not stealing a job, btw. I think you might have theft and competition confused.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
You can read, correct...just playing with you. I told you Pew. Just google search, assuming you can type (fair assumption) and look up Pew Hispanic demographic data.

Hmm, your posts are starting to have a familiar ring to them.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:19 PM

50,356 posts, read 47,099,157 times
Quote:

Denial of education costs? Ok, now I see where this is going. Widgets. If you can't assign a monetary value to something you are going to make one up.

Is there a denial of a new Mercedes Benz cost? OMG, cause I'm gonna put it on my taxes.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Hmm, your posts are starting to have a familiar ring to them.
I thought it was funny since he didn't know where I got the data from, but I stated right there.

Loosen up. Lifes too short. After my mom died, my dad got all wound up against illegal immigrants. Doctor prescribed benicar. He also suffers from hypertension, diabetes...it's a mess. I just think that while we need to control borders, why do we need to have this really strong 'hatred' (not hatred, because you all seem like decent folk, but something dark about the way you guys write about illegal immigrants) Almost as if they are personally killing your family dog. I don't know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration