Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 02:38 PM

65 posts, read 77,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, no such drama involved just aggrevation over our porous borders and the lack of enforcement of our immigration laws which has allowed 12-20 million illegals to enter our country mostly from Mexico and points south and the toll and costs it has taken on our country. If some of those entering illegally are terrorists (and I am sure they are) it will be more than the family dog that will die. Why isn't all of this alarming to you?
It's alarming because I almost entered into the military because of the fervor (that's the word I wanted...not hatred, fervor) of my father. Just blindly look at the war in Iraq and saying how we should invade. To make him proud I almost signed up, but that's not what I wanted to do. I feel that this fervor makes us do stupid things (Iraq, Vietnam, Afghanistan, segregation, walls, invasions, etc.) If you have this gun-ho one sided mentality without looking at everything you will make a mistake.

It just seems that the whole stealing job thing is not looking at the all factors of the economy. I don't want my nation to make policies on fervor, but rather take everything into consideration. My friend in Fallujah would agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Until he quotes himself without logging on to the "other" account
Whose this person you all are talkin' about?

Old 03-11-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Yep! The handwriting is on the wall, isn't it? I'll play along for awhile but not much longer. At least up and until the personal attacks start anyway.
Why are are you all ganging up on me? What did I do to you? I've been civil. Sorry if my joke went a little far, but this is kinda weird. What handwriting?

Old 03-11-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
Very funny - I was thinking the exact same thing.

Interestingly, I'm a member of similar message board which always has one particular poster who blatantly employs multiple accounts and usernames to push a pro-amnesty, open borders agenda. I must admit though, he is persistent.
First off, I don't want open borders. I want the borders tight. Also what's wrong with just allowing the people to apply? That's not amnesty...

Old 03-11-2010, 02:56 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorious View Post
Whose this person you all are talkin' about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorious View Post
I thought it was funny since he didn't know where I got the data from, but I stated right there.

Loosen up. Lifes too short. After my mom died, my dad got all wound up against illegal immigrants. Doctor prescribed benicar. He also suffers from hypertension, diabetes...it's a mess. I just think that while we need to control borders, why do we need to have this really strong 'hatred' (not hatred, because you all seem like decent folk, but something dark about the way you guys write about illegal immigrants) Almost as if they are personally killing your family dog. I don't know...
I witnessed and you were reported, that1guy, in the wee hours of this morn for referencing that several members should take same meds, geez please stop insulting our intelligence.

Mods can close every thread this keeps going on in, of course probably the reason he keeps this type of behavior going.

And with that, I am done

Last edited by getout; 03-11-2010 at 03:45 PM..

Old 03-11-2010, 02:57 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Yep! The handwriting is on the wall, isn't it? I'll play along for awhile but not much longer. At least up and until the personal attacks start anyway. Me thinks someone got their widdle feelings hurt because hardly anyone would respond to them anymore under their other handle.
Good lord - which one?

I've counted over ten already. Some have been permanently banned, but others persist. Most I have on ignore.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
Very funny - I was thinking the exact same thing.

Interestingly, I'm a member of similar message board which always has one particular poster who blatantly employs multiple accounts and usernames to push a pro-amnesty, open borders agenda. I must admit though, he is persistent.
Quote:
Hmm, your posts are starting to have a familiar ring to them.
Yep.

The desperation of the pro illegal side is quite obvious

Old 03-11-2010, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,467 times
What a bunch of hypocrites you all are, Aimlessly accusing illegal immagrants as low life criminals who "scurry around when the light turns on" Shame on you is all I can say, I hope the day never comes when any of you have to know what it really feels like to feel the necessaty to leave your homeland. These are not "criminals" these are ordinary people like you and me. Just think, what would it take for you to want to risk your family's life and your own, and go to a foregn country which you dont know. It takes a lot of courage, fear , and bad situations. It is not these immigrants fault that their country is messed up, they are just looking for a better life for their family and themselves.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:15 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin123 View Post
What a bunch of hypocrites you all are, Aimlessly accusing illegal immagrants as low life criminals who "scurry around when the light turns on" Shame on you is all I can say, I hope the day never comes when any of you have to know what it really feels like to feel the necessaty to leave your homeland. These are not "criminals" these are ordinary people like you and me. Just think, what would it take for you to want to risk your family's life and your own, and go to a foregn country which you dont know. It takes a lot of courage, fear , and bad situations. It is not these immigrants fault that their country is messed up, they are just looking for a better life for their family and themselves.
So what you're saying is:

Yep - we get it. We get it on a daily basis.

What is it lately with all these one-post wonders?

Old 03-11-2010, 04:19 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin123 View Post
It takes between 2-5 grand to get smuggled into the US. That's a bunch of money for any of these Nations. Once here they acquire false documents, you know theft and fraud to be able to work here. If they don't they are breaking our tax laws by working under the table. They have no issue taking tax money from the US. They line up in the ERs,schools and other social services. That is theft dear poster. These are not victimless crimes. If they could come here and not affect my wallet so be it but they don't.

How about controlling the breeding habits of these Nations? Why have kids when you are having trouble feeding yourself? Is it just easier to come sponge off of US tax payers? I mean, I can better my life by stealing my neighbor's car right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration