Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2021, 07:48 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,402,469 times

Advertisements

Trimmed a little off of F Ford to get some GM General Motors. Keep hearing GM has a better plan than F. I am not really sure so just took my profit of around 30% out of F and put it to work there. Now if one sucks the money out of the other I don’t care either way. I think there is room for both and i think it is likely to be TSLA that’ declines.

I know TSLA is a weird stock and sentiment might keep it going. These other two should win based upon real metrics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 10:04 AM

5,481 posts, read 6,314,772 times
Sold my CVS for a nice short term gain and rolled it into WSM, which is now a full position and will be a long term hold.

I'm thinking I'm going to hold back from buying anything new for a bit. AMAT, DE, JOUT, LEN, DHI and UNP are all on my radar, but I think I'm just going to build cash for a while and keep watching these for pullbacks. DE is already well of the highs and getting less undervalued by the day, but still not close to my buy point. We'll see.

Long AAPL, BAC, BRK-B, DPZ, HD, V, and WSM.

Edit: FDX and UPS just hit the radar on todays pullback. I like FDX over UPS at this point, but will take a closer look at them both tonight.

Last edited by treasurekidd; 06-09-2021 at 10:18 AM..

Old 06-09-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
Sold my CVS for a nice short term gain and rolled it into WSM, which is now a full position and will be a long term hold.

I'm thinking I'm going to hold back from buying anything new for a bit. AMAT, DE, JOUT, LEN, DHI and UNP are all on my radar, but I think I'm just going to build cash for a while and keep watching these for pullbacks. DE is already well of the highs and getting less undervalued by the day, but still not close to my buy point. We'll see.

Long AAPL, BAC, BRK-B, DPZ, HD, V, and WSM.
OMG that’s trading!!! That freaks me out we are supposed to hold everything forever in this thread. Anyway in all seriousness I will now pay off my margins and get that back in order. I am not finding much I want to loan money to buy at the moment. So I might as well make what I have all mine.

I think the only play now is maybe to average down on some of my recent positions as needed.

I am now long AAPL, AMAT, AMD, AMZN, ASML, CRWD, DE, DIS, DKNG, F, FDX, GM, GNRC, LOW, LRCX, MRVL, MSFT, MU, NVDA, PYPL, RBLX, SNOW, SPG, SQ, TWLO, UBER, WSM.

I dropped Wells Fargo today. I just don’t love it and couldn’t bring myself to even like it. I used part of it to buy GM along with trimming F. I have other holdings in my ROTH but they are largely the same with ONLN, IVES, OGIG, SMH and IWM. I am too lazy to match the lists up as the ROTH is also a tad lengthy.

AMD, SQ, TWLO, UBER, DIS, DE are my red ones right now and not by much. Not enough to buy more at the moment.

Ugh just as I type this i see FDX down nearly 4% I have to, I can’t help myself. LOL I love FDX. $290.50

Last edited by lookingaround12345; 06-09-2021 at 10:38 AM..

Old 06-09-2021, 10:33 AM

No trading, just changing my mind, lol. I do that from time to time, when I find myself building multiple position. I'll often watch them for a while, buying small bits along the way, and then end up consolidating into my best idea. No one will ever call me a trader, but building long term positions over time is not a linear process either.

Quote:
That freaks me out we are supposed to hold everything forever in this thread.
Forever? You know better than that lol.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:38 AM

TMUS They are expanding their network very rapidly and taking market share with their pricing. They are almost always the best deal if you have coverage in your area.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:00 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
I'll tell you what I'm "not" selling and that's Apple. Looks so good for the long term at this level.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I'll tell you what I'm "not" selling and that's Apple. Looks so good for the long term at this level.
Agreed! I've been holding AAPL now for around 3 years and have ZERO intention of selling.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:28 AM

893 posts, read 511,364 times
DISCA at $30.18

Old 06-10-2021, 08:48 AM

893 posts, read 511,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkypeanut View Post
DISCA at $30.18
buy DISCA at $29.97

Old 06-10-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
That stock is just waiting for a catalyst. There are a lot of people holding it like us that simply don’t sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing