Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 11:26 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,348,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottamemnon View Post
This is like an example of "how to know if you are in a cult". I had to look up who the heck Brandon is and what he has to do with anything. If you have to use code words to get your point across which will only be understood by others in your group, you really need to re-evaluate who you are associating with... that's how pedophiles and terrorist groups, just to name a few, communicate with each other on the internet.
YEP. I have a relative who posted something similar on social media. These people seem so angry and miserable 24/7.

I'll say it again....what a terrible way to go through life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2021, 04:26 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,149,057 times
OP, Start a new thread lol. Maybe take out the part about where you're moving from hahahahaha

Old 10-19-2021, 06:59 AM

7 posts, read 6,583 times
Well this turned real nasty, real quick

Old 10-20-2021, 09:31 AM

13 posts, read 19,913 times
wow, that did get real nasty. The NY to FL part is important so I can get a sense of the changes I can expect in my lifestyle. And clearly the attitude I can expect from some people

Old 10-20-2021, 02:14 PM

367 posts, read 303,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Then what are you complaining about, exactly?
My point was that your statement about not noticing the impact of blue votes unless you frequent social media is false.

Old 10-20-2021, 02:18 PM

9,382 posts, read 8,348,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
My point was that your statement about not noticing the impact of blue votes unless you frequent social media is false.
Or watch Faux News 24/7.

Old 10-20-2021, 07:34 PM

689 posts, read 638,386 times
Gee...I was hoping to see an answer to the OP's inquiry.

Old 10-21-2021, 09:14 PM

323 posts, read 259,714 times
This thread reminded me of my FB account right after trump lost the election. That was a fun time on social media!

Old 11-02-2021, 07:13 AM

6 posts, read 5,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottamemnon View Post
I agree with you on that... his post exaggerates any negative and it really doesn't ring true for NE FL.

Weather is awesome Oct - Apr in NE FL. Then its on the hot side in May and September. The oppressive heat is in the summer months... like just about everywhere else in the US. Now the rest of the months will be hotter than northern months for sure, but if you like hotter temps it is pretty ideal and you will get a taste of the seasons here in NE FL, unlike much of the rest of the state. We can even get downright cold in the beginning of the year, days below freezing are not unheard of.

Huge bugs... get a service or stay on top of your diy pest control... really no different.

Snakes... I have yet to see a poisonous one since moving here 4 years ago. I see lots of Garter snakes and Black Racers... completely harmless to humans.

Alligators... my community has exactly one that has been seen in the past 5 years, and it is not a large one. It is more afraid of people than we are of it.

That move in/move out flux can been seen just about everywhere in the US. Once people decide to uproot their lives from one area, it is a heck of a lot easier to do it again. I have lived in three states, and the urge to move again is always strong since I have done it before... I just call it wanderlust and instead focus on getting 2nd and 3rd properties in those places because overall it is just cheaper to have my home base in Florida.

Morale of the subject, no place is perfect. If you are ready for a change of pace and it will not impact you financially in a negative light, try somewhere new.
I do not live In Florida, nor will I ever. I was merely stating facts about the state. If some people who have made the move there and find out they're unhappy(which is many), I understand the "post purchase" syndrome that occurs. No place is perfect and Florida is far from it. There are much better places to consider, with moderate weather, good economics, culture and shall I say quality of food choices elsewhere, especially in the northeast. I live in a "blue" state and am not "blue". my region in the state is very much "red". Yes I pay a bit in taxes, but overall I get what I pay for in good medical care, beautiful beaches without hotels/resorts on them golf courses abound, awesome police/firefighters/ambulance corps with minutes response times, great schools/colleges, high quality restaurants with many many options of cuisine and served in a timely manner with little wait for tables, etc. In the same day one here could go skiing and later that day watch the waves come in from the ocean. So yes, I am negative about Florida as are many in the northeast. Many would like some of us to think, "ohhh everyone is moving to Florida", but in reality, that's not the case, in the least. So, go ahead make the move, and after your honeymoon phase you'll remember this post. You get what you pay for in life and that applies to all things. Good luck.

Old 11-02-2021, 07:16 AM

6 posts, read 5,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I tend to believe this is a burner account created by someone who posts nothing but anti-FL posts to try and sway people from moving into "his" state. Look at all of his posts.
Aren't you full of yourself and Florida. I do not live In Florida, nor will I ever. I was merely stating facts about the state. If some people who have made the move there and find out they're unhappy(which is many), I understand the "post purchase" syndrome that occurs. No place is perfect and Florida is far from it. There are much better places to consider, with moderate weather, good economics, culture and shall I say quality of food choices elsewhere, especially in the northeast. I live in a "blue" state and am not "blue". my region in the state is very much "red". Yes I pay a bit in taxes, but overall I get what I pay for in good medical care, beautiful beaches without hotels/resorts on them golf courses abound, awesome police/firefighters/ambulance corps with minutes response times, great schools/colleges, high quality restaurants with many many options of cuisine and served in a timely manner with little wait for tables, etc. In the same day one here could go skiing and later that day watch the waves come in from the ocean. So yes, I am negative about Florida as are many in the northeast. Many would like some of us to think, "ohhh everyone is moving to Florida", but in reality, that's not the case, in the least. So, go ahead make the move, and after your honeymoon phase you'll remember this post. You get what you pay for in life and that applies to all things. Good luck.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville