Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:13 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,737,881 times

Advertisements

Nomad

I'm still waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 06:27 AM

402 posts, read 1,056,678 times
Cricket what are you waiting for? He replied to your post several posts ago and owned you. Good luck because hes clearly winning this debate.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:01 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,737,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parks71 View Post
Cricket what are you waiting for? He replied to your post several posts ago and owned you. Good luck because hes clearly winning this debate.
Why am I not surprised that you think so? There is no point in debating and analyzing any issue about Jax with someone who cannot even demonstrate that he is fair minded by referring to even one instance where he said something positive about Jacksonville. Like the OP I am interested only in unbiased opinion. So again ...

Quote:
My definition of a person who is "anti any city" is one who is consistently negative about anything to do with that city and is consistently dismissive of anything that is positive about that city. Can you reference for me a prior post that you have made going back to 2007 that says anything positive about Jacksonville? I'd love to read it, and congratulate you for being fair minded". I'm waiting.
If your partner can prove that I am wrong about him I will continue this conversation.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:20 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,282,878 times
seain dublin,

the South in general loves it's guns. pickup trucks too. and muddin'. Jacksonville is more South Georgia than North Florida in many ways, if you know what I mean. i try and stay away from those parts.

parks71,

you said....

" Fsu, I know what you said, you said golf air would not be in normal city limits and downtown does not have that much crime yet the crime map looks liek someone shot it with a shotgun right downtown. Most of the crime IS DOWNTOWN area according to the map but maybe your too stupid to go look at it?

Why do you keep talking about riverside, thats across the river. were talking about DOWNTOWN, HELLO!!! "

Ok.

- no, i didn't say Golfair wouldn't be in normal city limits. i gave it as a general example of the Northside, which i stated clearly. i suppose you don't understand the difference. s'ok, not everyone can be smart.

- Downtown, which you bolded, has very little crime. at all. most crimes are nusiance crimes in Downtown, like public urination, etc. Some of the areas on the outskirts of Downtown are high in violent crime, such as West, North, & East of Historic Springfield, North & West of Historic Riverside, and East & South of semi-historic San Marco.

- Riverside is NOT across the river from Downtown. Umm......obviously.

I'm beginning to wonder.......have you ever been to Jacksonville?

Old 10-15-2009, 07:56 AM

So you did not map the crime in jacksonville obviously and see DOZENS AND DOZENS of robberies and murders in downtown then. Until you can show me PROOF like I do, just move on son.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:30 AM

1) i don't need to show you proof of anything. you've demonstrated on countless occasion how you have no idea - whatseoever- what you are talking about. (ie, "Riverside is across the river from Downtown).

you'd be wise just to take my word for it, after your latest mistake. a very basic, elementary mistake that anyone who lives or had lived in Jax for any amount of time would not have made.

2) If not, ok:

- //www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...ksonville.html

- Jacksonville Crime Map - Showing Crime in Jacksonville, FL - Crime Statistics - Crime Alerts - Crime Stops Here

- " + theTitle + " (http://maps.coj.net/WEBSITE/CrimeStats/viewer.htm - broken link)

where are dozens of shootings?

Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 AM

589 posts, read 851,325 times
Cricket,

Here's a big positive about Jacksonville.

'Most citizens aren't as delusional as you or fsu."

You can't get much more positive then that!

Being a simple minded, shameless pimp for Jacksonville, makes you part of the problem.

And, Parks is right. It isn't you that is waiting for an answer. It is me. I answered your post, but I still don't have any single example from you where you walked your talk, and made a post that addresses inner city crime solutions.

I'm growing increasing bored with you. You're like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. All you do is jump and flail around making a lot of noise. But, you don't ever score any points.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:11 AM

This is the last post for me, I will not argue with someone as ignorant as you.

Now click on the little map link you provided, then change the DATES so its more than a month or two (NICE TRY BTW) then just make it ONE YEAR.

Then, if your smart enough, zoom the map out until you can see the beachs, mandrin, airport and guess what? YOU CANT SEE DOWNTOWN BECAUSE THERES SO MANY VIOLENT CRIMES IDIOT.

You wont see that in mandrin, or east of the river. San Marco is what I was refering to for across the river which some consider downtown.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:48 AM

- #1 which map are you referring? i posted 2.

- #2 the dates come standard, they don't stick once linked. i tried.

- #3 you are easily fooled. i think the size of the icons are throwing you off, assuming you are referencing the first map linked. perhaps if they were smaller you'd see how few there are. or if you simply zoom in. you'll also see that most of the violent crime takes place exactly where i said it did (not in Downtown).

before i posted both maps i checked from ther start of the year. very low violent crime occurences in Downtown according to both maps. perhaps you don't know where Downtown is, since you didn't know where Riverside was (for goodness sakes). btw, the violent crime that does occur in Downtown is overwhelmingly bum on bum or drug activity, late at night. not any regular joes walking around and randomly getting assualted.

- #4 i notice you didn't comment on my first link.....hmmmm....wonder why? perhaps b/c it's Downtown residents talking about how skewed the perception is, mostly from people who never go there. or did i create alternate accounts and make those up too?

Old 10-15-2009, 12:57 PM

Thats odd, at the same zoom level I see ZERO violent crime in the area I live. I was going to try and count downtown area but lost count. Its ok, people keep giving me rep saying you dont know what your talking about so as long as I get the truth out I am ok with it. I have given up on trying to convince you, its not possible.

I dont comment on the thread someone started because that is opinion, no stats to back it up. Just because that person has not had an issue does not mean crime is not worse there.

If you ever in your life wrote a research paper, you would know you need to use credible sources only, not some guy on a forum LOL.

Then you, Mr. Jacksonville himself, just posted an article yesterday that states jacksonville has the WORST CRIME RATE PER CAPITA IN FLORIDA FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS!!!!! How do you defend that? Go ahead link me some thread where Billy Joe from springfield says it isnt so! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville