Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 04:37 PM

577 posts, read 1,759,098 times

Advertisements

So 6 months of looking and I finally got a call today for an application I put in last week. This is my FIRST interview I've received this whole time. the manager called me today and it turns out he used to work for a company that worked closely with the company I had worked for ( they did our warehousing for us) He no longer works for that company but works for this new one that is a completely different type of business. But he remembered me, unfortunately his name sounds familiar but I dont remember him. He asked if I would come in for an interview tomorrow. So I'm finally going to an interview and it's pretty close to home which is rare for me as I live fairly rural. Anyway, wish me luck.. I'll need it. Great timing also as this is my last week of unemployment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 04:43 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Good luck!

Knock'em Dead!

Keep us posted

Old 07-15-2010, 04:46 PM

Thank you Ron

Old 07-16-2010, 09:41 PM

56 posts, read 284,964 times
Sounds like another hardworking person that wants to work will be in the workforce. I say good for you, and kudos to keeping up on the job search!

Old 07-16-2010, 09:45 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,998 times
So tomorrow was today. How did it go? Hopefully well?

Old 07-17-2010, 04:15 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Congrats!

Old 07-17-2010, 05:58 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Waiting on news, I hope to see a "things went great!" post...

Old 07-17-2010, 09:21 AM

25 posts, read 54,094 times
Fingers crossed that you got it!

Old 07-17-2010, 09:00 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine728 View Post
So 6 months of looking and I finally got a call today for an application I put in last week. This is my FIRST interview I've received this whole time. the manager called me today and it turns out he used to work for a company that worked closely with the company I had worked for ( they did our warehousing for us) He no longer works for that company but works for this new one that is a completely different type of business. But he remembered me, unfortunately his name sounds familiar but I dont remember him. He asked if I would come in for an interview tomorrow. So I'm finally going to an interview and it's pretty close to home which is rare for me as I live fairly rural. Anyway, wish me luck.. I'll need it. Great timing also as this is my last week of unemployment!

Getting a interview a step in the right direction but try to tone down your excitement a little and remember it's just a interview. No point in setting yourself up for a disappointment. Good Luck on your interview

Old 07-17-2010, 09:31 PM

Hey everyone , it went well, once I saw the manager I remembered him. We were in numerous meetings together a few years ago and spent a lot of time chatting about our past careers. It's a pretty intensive interview process and I passed step one. Next up a phone interview with a company analyst, then another with the district manager, then lastly another interview with the direct manager going through a list of corporate interview questions that include behavioral type questions. So we'll see but I'm happy to have had an interview finally regardless of what happens.

As far as TV dude.... if I want to post my excitement here in a online forum.. it's my choice. And I cant say that it was that exuberant .. it's just that there's so many negative posts around here that anything with a positive note comes off as too much to you. You should concentrate your energy on your own job as having your scheduled adjusted for your tardiness is hardly a positive career move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search