Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 02:10 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I agree with you and think it is crazy for the opposite sexes not to shake hands~!
I really like the idea of putting all sorts of walls between the men and women. I would like to have a wife that covered herself and who wouldn't ever touch another man.

I like romance though, and it seems so right to me, that a woman is just for one man, and a man for one woman. It seems so romantic when I think of having a wife like a Muslim who covers herself from head to toe, and how special she must feel, and how special her husband would feel.

But then I married the head cheer leader, prom Queen, fair Queen that everyone in my town wanted to marry, and she dressed so revealing that it disgusted me after a while.

After we got divorced, I wouldn't even look at a beautiful woman.

After I got divorced, all my friends kept telling me,'' Why in the world do you pick the ugliest girls you can find?''

But they were not ugly to me, I just wanted a woman devoted to me alone.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:52 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,126,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
For what? To put on tefillin at lunchtime? Not exactly the sign of an orthodox Yid.
He worked there while the others went to the kosher deli for lunch.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:15 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,896,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
all my friends kept telling me,'' Why in the world do you pick the ugliest girls you can find?''
Your life would have been easier if you had heard this song when you were young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UWXG6aFDck

Old 12-21-2014, 04:31 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,126,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Your life would have been easier if you had heard this song when you were young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UWXG6aFDck
We had alternative words for that song.

No I will not post them.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:12 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,050,224 times
Quote:
I really like the idea of putting all sorts of walls between the men and women. I would like to have a wife that covered herself and who wouldn't ever touch another man.

I like romance though, and it seems so right to me, that a woman is just for one man, and a man for one woman. It seems so romantic when I think of having a wife like a Muslim who covers herself from head to toe, and how special she must feel, and how special her husband would feel.

But then I married the head cheer leader, prom Queen, fair Queen that everyone in my town wanted to marry, and she dressed so revealing that it disgusted me after a while.

After I got divorced, all my friends kept telling me,'' Why in the world do you pick the ugliest girls you can find?''

To me to shake a hand of the opposite sex has no meaning, just greeting and friendship.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:20 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,946 times
Quote:

Very deep Jewiah wisdom (and written by a non Jew) in that post. You nailed the idea. Well done.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:54 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Very deep Jewiah wisdom (and written by a non Jew) in that post. You nailed the idea. Well done.
Well thanks, I learned by trial and error, but it was an old Jewish sage I sat under that changed the way I looked at many things, so I can't take credit for the wisdom he showed me even in looking at Palestinians and Muslims, and that was from him taking up for them when I used to say bad things about them.

He always had a way of looking at life with romance. Freak was always happy and had no reason to be, I never could figure out how he did it.

To be happy all the time.

It's like trying to perceive a number that is to great.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:17 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,896,799 times
I thought this story is appropriate for this thread.

Ultra-Orthodox Men Cause Flight Delay By Refusing To Sit By Women, Again

Old 12-29-2014, 04:30 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,946 times
Quote:

Hiker, there are two very predictable items to that post. Number one, that orthodox men do not want to sit next to women on flights. Number two, that the Huffington Post would find this story and print it to malign the entire Jewish people. Yes it's likely a true story. But Hiker, ask yourself why this is newsworthy?

Old 12-29-2014, 04:43 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Quote:

Actually it was again and again. It happened in October and the Haredi left the plane.

Delta flight reportedly delayed after haredim refuse to set next to opposite sex - St. Louis Jewish Light: National And World News - Delta flight reportedly delayed after haredim refuse to set next to opposite sex: National And World News

Then it happened again (same Delta flight number) with two Haredi males and a woman decided to change seats so the flight could take off.

*Link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism