Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 04:46 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,702 times

Advertisements

Seriously this is making my brain fall out.........

I just got over the

Jewlery bit
Roman lion bit
Hitler bit
911 2001 bit

I have made my peace...................( Research Jew Wario ).

and now I am told this. I even heard about the

Women are being forced into a specific kind of life
Women are being told to sit in the back of the buscar ( any moving vehicle )
Women are being offered tons of money for marriage

I have gotten over that bit. I could careless but now I see the truth..

They are being nice to us so they can carry on this way?

Not shaking hands is the smallest human interaction. However this is only when they are married. Again married both men and women can not shake hands of opposite sex. The thing is I am associated with an bunch of women and stuff and learning this makes my brain fall out.

I mean seriously WHAT IS THIS NOW? I can only get an spirtual/mental high five from an married woman and vice versa . Speaking of which my next argument would be that they are putting their culture over our way of life. Telling us that is it okay to be non-heterosexual and not own property.glgl

Old 10-21-2014, 05:22 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,868 times
Most religions have determined that our lives aren't complicated enough or filled with enough emotional drama queens and family theatrics ... so these religions have decided to add hundreds of stupid rules and taboos just to give people even more excuses to fly into a rage, condemn you for your immorality, or simply be uppity and condescending - which in turn creates more drama and complications.

What's worse is that these religious rules are utterly POINTLESS. They exist to exist and nothing more. Yeah, I find myself scooping my brain up off the floor quite often when dealing with religious laws, rules, and social customs.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:59 AM

1,292 posts, read 3,475,807 times
That's pretty common in a lot of cultures, and not just as part of a religion. Muslim women also don't typically shake hands, and it's considered odd in many non-western cultures. It probably originated as a ceremonial way to show that two men were unarmed, and as women weren't part of a warrior culture in traditional societies it wasn't necessary to shake a woman's hand, although it evolved into kissing, and later bowing before a woman's hand under the influence of chivalry.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:25 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post

I just got over the

Jewlery bit
Roman lion bit
Hitler bit
911 2001 bit

I have made my peace...................( Research Jew Wario ).

and now I am told this. I even heard about the

Women are being forced into a specific kind of life
Women are being told to sit in the back of the buscar ( any moving vehicle )
Women are being offered tons of money for marriage

I have gotten over that bit. I could careless but now I see the truth..

They are being nice to us so they can carry on this way?

Not shaking hands is the smallest human interaction. However this is only when they are married. Again married both men and women can not shake hands of opposite sex. The thing is I am associated with an bunch of women and stuff and learning this makes my brain fall out.

I mean seriously WHAT IS THIS NOW? I can only get an spirtual/mental high five from an married woman and vice versa . Speaking of which my next argument would be that they are putting their culture over our way of life. Telling us that is it okay to be non-heterosexual and not own property.glgl
I feel like I just entered into a conversation that has been going on for 20 minutes. Did you recently read this? Were you told this by someone? Do you realize not ALL Jewish people live by that standard?

Old 10-24-2014, 02:31 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
To the OP, you probably should have put this on the Jewish Forum or Ask a Jew thread

Old 10-24-2014, 02:41 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
I shake hands with married Jews all the time. Your understanding of the reality is afflicted by outlier bias. The outliers are not the only Jews.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:26 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:

Why do you find surprising/shocking? Women who are menstruating can't be touched by their husbands for example. So it would make sense to me that married women wouldn't be allowed to touch or shake hands with a married man (or for that matter any adult male who isn't related to them). As far I know in Judaism married men can't shake hands with an adult female even if she isn't married as well (unless she is relative).

Old 10-24-2014, 04:44 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,126,469 times
I recall being at an Orthodox wedding where married couples danced without touching, each holding on to the end of a table napkin. However the men had their arms around each other while doing some rather impressive line dancing.

That has got to have been the happiest wedding I have ever been at. He was married before. She was not Orthodox. It did not work out. No children, Danken G*tt. She was 38 and never married! Sof kol sof!!!

And contrary to the old joke, the bride's mother was not pregnant. But her two younger sisters were. Again.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:13 PM

938 posts, read 1,515,379 times
Shomer Negiah

Old 10-26-2014, 09:59 AM

1,249 posts, read 1,733,516 times
Quote:

glgl
Sounds like I got here a little too late, then.

If you don't like it, don't convert to Judaism, then. It's not hurting you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism