Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:09 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,408,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
What in the world were you people doing at Subway? Bleah!
lol maybe they don't have Blimpie down there!

(in which case I might need to hire a courier to deliver some Blimpie Bests with everything once we move, from time to time!)

Old 03-06-2008, 10:13 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,273,471 times
We have Subway down here. Gag!

I'm not wild about Blimpie's, either. Better than Subway, but I think chains do a terrible job with subs. You will have to go to Harby's!

The owner is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He's from Michigan! Maybe Knoxville is a nice people magnet!

Just don't wander out in the hills!

Old 03-06-2008, 10:31 AM

13,351 posts, read 39,950,637 times
Quote:
We have Subway down here. Gag!

I'm not wild about Blimpie's, either. Better than Subway, but I think chains do a terrible job with subs. You will have to go to Harby's!

The owner is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He's from Michigan! Maybe Knoxville is a nice people magnet!

Just don't wander out in the hills!
I agree with you, I think Blimpie is better than Subway but still not as good as Harby's! We used have Blimpie down here, I don't know why they all closed.

It's funny you said that Knoxville is a nice people magnet, I was going to say the same thing. Another one of the really nice people my parents ran across was the lady at the garage door store. She's from Minnesota and couldn't have been any nicer. Maybe it's just something in the water here that makes people nice? Who knows. I just enjoy it, and I feel guilty every time I lose my temper.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:33 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,361,929 times
We found the people in TN to be the friendlist we've met. Here, no one holds a door for you and if you hold it for them, its very rare to get a thank you. Heaven forbid one says excuse me in a store. You get looks that could kill. I was born and raised here and the people get colder every day. Tennessee folks will actually strike up a conversation with you. Rare that happens in my area.
The thing we noticed about the teens we saw in TN were how well raised they were. Very respectful, none of that gangsta wannbe look, ect.
I cannot wait to get out of here!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 11:50 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,273,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
We found the people in TN to be the friendlist we've met. Here, no one holds a door for you and if you hold it for them, its very rare to get a thank you. Heaven forbid one says excuse me in a store. You get looks that could kill. I was born and raised here and the people get colder every day. Tennessee folks will actually strike up a conversation with you. Rare that happens in my area.
The thing we noticed about the teens we saw in TN were how well raised they were. Very respectful, none of that gangsta wannbe look, ect.
I cannot wait to get out of here!!!
They have gansta-wannabes in Maine? Wow, did that place go downhill, or what?

Old 03-06-2008, 12:54 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,408,842 times
And the people are still cold up there? What about global warming?!

Old 03-06-2008, 12:55 PM

423 posts, read 1,404,823 times
It's that old Golden Rule cropping up again, isn't it? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," said by Jesus Christ and among his best advice: (Luke 6:31). For some reason Tennesseans have it down pat. Not all, certainly, but we've seen a difference, too in the way we're treated in public places. Went to the mall in JC at Christmas and enjoyed watching the friendliest cashier joke and laugh with people waiting to be checked out. Manners are nicer in Tennessee...you should bottle that stuff!

Old 03-06-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
And the people are still cold up there? What about global warming?!
Too darn cold and snowy here for global warning. LOL

Old 03-06-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
They have gansta-wannabes in Maine? Wow, did that place go downhill, or what?
Well I guess that is what I'd call them. You know the type, baggy pants, hoodies, ect. I refer to them as wannabes....just not sure what they wanna be. Told my dd that she and her friends wouldn't last 5 minutes in certain parts of Boston. More than likely, its the younger generation here is way behind times (and so called "fashion"). LOL

Old 03-06-2008, 03:40 PM

745 posts, read 1,718,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Well I guess that is what I'd call them. You know the type, baggy pants, hoodies, ect. I refer to them as wannabes....just not sure what they wanna be. Told my dd that she and her friends wouldn't last 5 minutes in certain parts of Boston. More than likely, its the younger generation here is way behind times (and so called "fashion"). LOL
I think there are parts of East Knoxville where those accouterments can be readily found, as well as in Lonsdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville