Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 08:56 PM

13,356 posts, read 39,983,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatTNGuy View Post
Don't make the mistake of ordering large fries - I've never seen so many in my life.
No kidding! I haven't tried the Five Guys in Powell, only the one in Turkey Creek. It's a chain based out of Virginia or Maryland or somewhere around there. They make their fries the Belgian way, fried TWICE so that they're not supposed to end up soggy and limp like other fast-food fries. I'm a big eater, but I absolutely could not finish my large order of fries even though I desperately wanted to.

While we're on the subject of burgers and Knoxville must-do things, Wednesdays at the Cumberland Grill (aka Copper Cellar) on The Strip next to U.T. is another local institution. Their huge burgers and fries are only $3.99 on Wednesdays. Go after the lunch rush, you're in for a treat1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 10:01 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,138,460 times
JMT, didn't you tell us that there was a burger spot downtown where they had lunchtime live music patio style?

I have looked for it through "Search", but cannot locate it.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:53 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,239,195 times
be sure to visit the South's Finest Chocolate Factory in the Candy Factory building at World's Fair Park (please tell me it's still there!!! ),

also when you go in there, be sure to
a. ask if they have a tour
b. ask for directions to the most obscure place in Knoxville you can think of
c. run through the wind chimes hanging by the door.

the worker bees LOVE when you do that
(trust me, I used to be one, hehe).

Old 06-20-2008, 07:12 AM

13,356 posts, read 39,983,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
JMT, didn't you tell us that there was a burger spot downtown where they had lunchtime live music patio style?

I have looked for it through "Search", but cannot locate it.
Hmmm no I don't know of a place like that, but I wish I did!

Old 06-20-2008, 08:21 AM

780 posts, read 1,766,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
No kidding! I haven't tried the Five Guys in Powell, only the one in Turkey Creek. It's a chain based out of Virginia or Maryland or somewhere around there. They make their fries the Belgian way, fried TWICE so that they're not supposed to end up soggy and limp like other fast-food fries. I'm a big eater, but I absolutely could not finish my large order of fries even though I desperately wanted to.

While we're on the subject of burgers and Knoxville must-do things, Wednesdays at the Cumberland Grill (aka Copper Cellar) on The Strip next to U.T. is another local institution. Their huge burgers and fries are only $3.99 on Wednesdays. Go after the lunch rush, you're in for a treat1
I will put the Grill on my list of places to eat for sure, always looking for somewhere good when I go into Knoxville to Dr appts, we usually always eat somewhere different. Thanks for the info

Old 06-20-2008, 09:55 AM

611 posts, read 1,459,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I'm a big eater, but I absolutely could not finish my large order of fries even though I desperately wanted to.
They put them in a big cup, right? I could be wrong, but that's what I remember. In any case, I totally agree - I tried my hardest to finish them, but in the end I still had at least half a cup left (if not more).

Quote:
Awesome suggestion, JMT. I'd rep you for that, but I've got to spread the love some more first. I ate there for the first time about a month ago (I know, a travesty) and it was very good. It's worth it even if you don't go on Wednesday, but if you do get the $3.99 deal, it really beats the heck out of any fast food chain you might find on The Strip. I can't remember the exact name of my burger (the Vol Burger, maybe?), but I was definitely tempted to order two.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:53 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,246,239 times
I lived less than a five minute walk from Cumberland's Copper Cellar, but that's the one that I never visited. How strange.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:25 PM

2,124 posts, read 6,826,124 times
is anyone going to tell me what red velvet cake is? a) why is it good and b) is the red dye safe to eat? (why does red velvet cake always show up in red type!?)

Old 06-20-2008, 07:40 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
is anyone going to tell me what red velvet cake is? a) why is it good and b) is the red dye safe to eat? (why does red velvet cake always show up in red type!?)
Oh, don't get your knickers in a bunch!

Here you go, hun, everything you ever wanted to know about red velvet cake. I am not a big sweet eater. JMT eats enough for both of us. I'd rather have a big ole tenderloin. But it is a very nice dessert.

Red velvet cake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-20-2008, 09:33 PM

2,124 posts, read 6,826,124 times
thanks....red velvet or "fat, fat and more fat" cake. Oy vey. My knickers are in a bunch but they still fit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville