Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:53 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,273,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indychic View Post

My friends think I'm "boring" because I am totally content drinking a sweet-tea in a rocking chair w/ a good book or my laptop. But, to answer your question...I'm 25 years and counting. My partner (hubby of 3 years) and I mostly enjoy driving around and looking at real estate. That's a night on the town for us!
I'm 46 years young and I like to do that, too. I already bought the house, but I still love looking at houses. I also like trying to figure out what the economy is doing, and real estate can be a good indication. Sometimes.

Indychic, I bet you drove by my house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 03:59 PM

38 posts, read 181,584 times
Okay - so I now officially/permanently live in Knoxville as of yesterday! I'd already secured my home - but was technically still living in Indy. I'm so happy to be here. I miss my family...but, I'm trying to keep busy so I don't get too down in the dumps.

Sooo - my hubby & I went out and started doing some of the things on this thread. We went to the Sunsphere/World Park & we went to Cumberland Grill (aka Copper something?). The food at Cumberland Grill was awesome. I had the Vol burger w/ fries & he had the chicken philly. Great all around. We definitely didn't get the burger & fries for 3.99!!! Maybe that's a one-night only thing? We paid about $21 - but well worth it. Yummy, yummy.

We almost went to the Fountain City Creamery...but were just too stuffed. I think we'll do Littons & the Creamery later this week. We're also going to do that "beginner's hike" that was recommended. Heck, if we have time...we'd like to do everything.

If ya'll still have recommendations - keep 'em coming!

Old 08-04-2008, 04:19 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,542 times
Default Welcome

Indychic, welcome to Tennessee. I know you will love it here, keep enjoying all the things there are to do here and good luck to you in your new home.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:31 PM

21 posts, read 42,642 times
Default Welcome

Indychic - welcome to east TN you definitely will not be bored here that's for sure!!

Old 08-04-2008, 04:39 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,966 times
Sounds like you'd fit right in Indychic, I'm sure this has been posted somewhere but just in case anyone new on this forum missed out on it, here ya go.

Seeing Knoxville, Tenn., in 36 Hours - NYTimes.com

Old 08-04-2008, 07:26 PM
H10

89 posts, read 308,091 times
Quote:
Okay - so I now officially/permanently live in Knoxville as of yesterday! I'd already secured my home - but was technically still living in Indy. I'm so happy to be here. I miss my family...but, I'm trying to keep busy so I don't get too down in the dumps.

Sooo - my hubby & I went out and started doing some of the things on this thread. We went to the Sunsphere/World Park & we went to Cumberland Grill (aka Copper something?). The food at Cumberland Grill was awesome. I had the Vol burger w/ fries & he had the chicken philly. Great all around. We definitely didn't get the burger & fries for 3.99!!! Maybe that's a one-night only thing? We paid about $21 - but well worth it. Yummy, yummy.

We almost went to the Fountain City Creamery...but were just too stuffed. I think we'll do Littons & the Creamery later this week. We're also going to do that "beginner's hike" that was recommended. Heck, if we have time...we'd like to do everything.

I go to Cumberland Grill/Copper Cellar pretty often, but in my opinion Calhoun's is better. Calhoun's is owned and operated by the same people behind Cumberland Grill, but I prefer the food at Calhoun's even though I go to Cumberland more often. The two Calhoun's that I frequent are both in great locations: 1.) is on the Tennessee River, nice view, and the same general area (Downtown). 2.) is in Turkey Creek, by the Pinnacle Movie Theater.

Knoxville has some good pizza places too. Pizza Palace by the Zoo is the best pizza in the state that I've had. It's a drive-in, in a ratty neighborhood, which keeps me from going too often, but the pizza's fantastic.

Oscar's Pizza is good, not great, but much better than the chains. Oscar's biggest plus is that with a special, a large 1 topping is only $6.99!

The legendary pizza place in Knoxville is Stefano's Chicago Style Pizza. It's faux-deep dish. Upper-mid prices, and most people don't get addicted to it until their third visit.

I agree that Litton's is very good. It's overhyped, but forget the buzz and you'll be sastisfied. The service is the most competent I've ever seen, and I eat out everyday. Two waiters are assigned to each section and if you wait 10 minutes for your food, even on a Friday night, that would be longer than average. The downside is the price, two chesseburgers, two pieces of cake & two drinks $45!

Oh, and stay away from DaVinci's. It's well rated, but not deserving of it. Nice people, and small town pizzeria feel, but the pizza is not remotely impressive, slightly better than Domino's.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:11 PM

811 posts, read 2,009,807 times
Indychic--welcome to Knoxville! I know what you mean about missing everyone even though you're excited to be here. I am ....ah-hem...27 and counting, lol so we should get together sometime!

Old 08-05-2008, 08:23 PM

48 posts, read 218,292 times
Quote:

Call me dumb, but I had a blast at Dolly's Splash Country in Pigeon Forge. Yeah, its touristy. Yeah, its expensive. But yeah, I HAD A BLAST!

Old 08-08-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Indychic--welcome to Knoxville! I know what you mean about missing everyone even though you're excited to be here. I am ....ah-hem...27 and counting, lol so we should get together sometime!

LOL - indeed...indeed. : D
Thanks for the welcome!!

Old 08-08-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTowner33 View Post
Call me dumb, but I had a blast at Dolly's Splash Country in Pigeon Forge. Yeah, its touristy. Yeah, its expensive. But yeah, I HAD A BLAST!

I had a BLAST there also! Well...the amusement park portion of it - not the Splash part. I can't swim, so I tend to stay away from water parks - LMAO. Thanks for the addition!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville