Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:40 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,336,673 times

Advertisements

I was reluctant to see you move from Orlando to Vegas. At this stage, I think you should stay in Vegas so long as it's tolerable before returning to Orlando. You were obviously frustrated in Orlando and seem to be happier in Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 12:57 PM

11 posts, read 15,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Good luck with the ss forums...I was there and commented a couple times and regretted it. Basically they are informative to read, but be careful there are a lot of moral cops over there! Good luck on starting over! Where are you relocating to? SoCal?
We plan to move to San Diego area: Santee, El Cajon, Lakeside, Poway, or possibly Ramona. We make good money now and want to buy before we retire. Not sure we can get a loan with 20% down because we are underwater in Vegas. We have two apps pending.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:03 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,083,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra2u View Post
We plan to move to San Diego area: Santee, El Cajon, Lakeside, Poway, or possibly Ramona. We make good money now and want to buy before we retire. Not sure we can get a loan with 20% down because we are underwater in Vegas. We have two apps pending.
If you're going to be looking there you might want to include the I-15/ 215 communities: Sun City, Murietta, Temecula, possibly even Lake Elsinore unless for some reason you need farther south.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:56 AM

322 posts, read 710,427 times
Quote:
Libra - where are you located? What part of town? Meaning, your house in Las Vegas. I snagged the wrong post to 'quote."

Old 06-11-2012, 09:26 AM

69 posts, read 144,046 times
MomMom, I know this is part of an old thread.. but everything you put on here was what I was worried about losing! I LOVE my volunteer work, miss the things we had near a base when we retired 3 years ago. And now moving to LV pretty soon I was worried about how to fill my void of helping others. Can you please share any links, info or resources, can either post on here, PM me or anything! I know NOTHING about the LV area yet, my focus so far has been directly on narrowing down high schools and finding homes to view when we pull up in town with a Uhaul so we can HOPEFULLY not have to put it in storage and "move twice". I don't have a date yet, hopefully will within the next couple of days but expect it NLT Mid-July!! Thanks for posting on the positives for community service.. I DO want to be involved, and so do my teenage daughters!! It will be a hard transition I think this time.... smallville GA to "big city" LV. The biggest city we have lived is San Diego. But now at High School age... it's harder I think!! THANK YOU!!! From a "mom of 4"

Old 06-11-2012, 10:31 AM

1,374 posts, read 2,436,283 times
Don't worry...there are plenty of volunteer work for you in Vegas: a lot of homeless, drug addicts, and people who are just lost in their lives.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:37 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,160,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETC143 View Post
MomMom, I know this is part of an old thread.. but everything you put on here was what I was worried about losing! I LOVE my volunteer work, miss the things we had near a base when we retired 3 years ago. And now moving to LV pretty soon I was worried about how to fill my void of helping others. Can you please share any links, info or resources, can either post on here, PM me or anything! I know NOTHING about the LV area yet, my focus so far has been directly on narrowing down high schools and finding homes to view when we pull up in town with a Uhaul so we can HOPEFULLY not have to put it in storage and "move twice". I don't have a date yet, hopefully will within the next couple of days but expect it NLT Mid-July!! Thanks for posting on the positives for community service.. I DO want to be involved, and so do my teenage daughters!! It will be a hard transition I think this time.... smallville GA to "big city" LV. The biggest city we have lived is San Diego. But now at High School age... it's harder I think!! THANK YOU!!! From a "mom of 4"
From elementary schools that are short hand, homeless shelters that have 75 to 1 ratio of the needy to helpers, youth support groups that have an endless supply of runaways, women battered shelters that need anonymity/protection from abusive relationships, prostitute rehabilitation shelters that need protection and strength to testify against ex-pimps, veteran restart programs for those suffering PTSD/physical disabilities/life after war/etc, and those that are recently homeless or at risk of being homeless because of the affects of the local economy...you will be even more busy than ever before.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:20 PM

611 posts, read 951,531 times
Well Davie...As a mom with a son not too much older than you I have gone through many talks and hugs with him when he has felt the same about things as you are feeling. Sometimes just a couple hours with a mom or aunt (guys just don't do well with their feelings!!!) in private can make you see things totally differently. My son is a pro wrestler and performer in general and is trying to live a normal life in a city with a gf, travel to matches in Japan and Korea, spent 3 yrs travelling in a punk band from Canada through USA, and still never content and felt like you. If it doesn't get any better for you and "the grass always looks greener somewhere else" it can't hurt to get a little professional help before you turn to "happy pills" or tequila shots...LOL. Things are good for him now and he's getting married and staying in the same city in Canada but it has taken years. Remember that your friends and family are always there for you and sometimes a short visit can work miracles for decisions to be made. Word to the wise...Moms will always want their sons to move back...:-)

Old 06-12-2012, 11:01 AM

11 posts, read 15,265 times
Quote:
Update: We did it! After 6 mos. and several huge hurdles (I could write a book.) we are in the final stages of leaving Vegas for our new home in Ramona, CA. We've been in the short sale process with B/A for over two months - our once golden FICO dropped 100 points.

The biggest issue is healthcare costs; my retirement health plan is one of the worst. We will be close to my daughter and elderly parents which is worth all the mental anguish. It took a lot of planning, scrimping, and financial nail biting, but we will be out of here by the end of June.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:16 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,371,552 times
Glad to hear it. I wish you the very best. Was wondering, as I am waiting as a
buyer of a short . How long did the process take for the bank to approve from buyers signing contract to bank approval.

I had Realtor originally tell me 3 to 4 months, then last time I talked to him, it was 4 to 6 mo's. Are you saying yours only took two months total?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas