Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 01:59 AM

90 posts, read 258,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Sorry for being testy, Sir. I am normally a pretty easy going and non-confrontational guy.

I am sorry for your loss. Aside from some phantom pain and learning how to use the prosthesis I am doing very well. It was also my non-dominant hand.

I realize that as unfortunate as my situation is, there are people in Africa or even America that don't get awesome treatment, have seven figure private insurance payouts, federal insurance wage protection for life, and vocational training.

Perhaps I am focusing on the wrong thing about the babes and I am coming across as flippant.

Now about the girls I don't know what the dating scene is like in Vegas...or anywhere for that matter... I just heard from some of my buddies that live in the area that dudes literally have to pay to keep the really pretty ones around. They say its an awful place to meet wholesome women. Not all girls want their rent paid I am sure but I hear its not as uncommon in certain circles as one might think.

My question was, is this true or are my boys just making excuses on why they cant keep a hot gal? They are mostly decent looking, former military, ~31, and some have pretty good IT related jobs. Others work security.

Thanks.
I think your boys are just making excuses. I know multiple amputees (through my brother, who is a bilateral AK amputee), and lots of the amputees I know (even AKs, arms, legs and arms both) have pretty girlfriends or wives. Then there are the guys who are single and complain that girls won't date them because they are amputees, but it's usually actually because they have horrible attitudes or unchecked PTSD.

As for women in Vegas, I think women in Vegas are like women everywhere. There are genuine ones, and there are gold-diggers. If you are cool getting a gold-digger then I guess that's fine, but I think that if you put out the vibe of a genuine, caring person, you will find one in return, and she might just be very outwardly beautiful as well.

I'd keep my mouth shut about your insurance money. The last thing you need is some hussy poking holes in the condom so she can take 40% of it.

To answer your question about what you can get for $350k, the answer is a REALLY nice house. It's too bad that the housing market in Vegas collapsed, but man is it ever a buyer's market. $350k will get you something that was $2 million, a few years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 02:54 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,991,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novabrite View Post
I think your boys are just making excuses. I know multiple amputees (through my brother, who is a bilateral AK amputee), and lots of the amputees I know (even AKs, arms, legs and arms both) have pretty girlfriends or wives. Then there are the guys who are single and complain that girls won't date them because they are amputees, but it's usually actually because they have horrible attitudes or unchecked PTSD.

As for women in Vegas, I think women in Vegas are like women everywhere. There are genuine ones, and there are gold-diggers. If you are cool getting a gold-digger then I guess that's fine, but I think that if you put out the vibe of a genuine, caring person, you will find one in return, and she might just be very outwardly beautiful as well.

I'd keep my mouth shut about your insurance money. The last thing you need is some hussy poking holes in the condom so she can take 40% of it.

To answer your question about what you can get for $350k, the answer is a REALLY nice house. It's too bad that the housing market in Vegas collapsed, but man is it ever a buyer's market. $350k will get you something that was $2 million, a few years ago.
Hi. Thanks for the comments. The ironic thing is, my PTSD claim may very well generate more money than the loss of limb settlement.

I was very lucky to have loaded up on private insurance for the last 4 years. I know this.

My boys are not amputees. I have changed a bit since I started posting in CD. I was comming across like an ass and many people had a hard time understanding or believing what i was writing as many americans just dont know what contrators do these days in war zones...some fellows serve food to the troops and some men work in lethal targeting cells. But If you told an American you work for a private company that wacks people they would doubt your credibility...call you a James Bourne or 007 or whateva.

Thanks for the info on the real estate market.

I will have to disagree with you about the Vegas women though...they are the biggest collection of gold diggers per capita save Miami.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:44 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,162,924 times
Quote:
I will have to disagree with you about the Vegas women though...they are the biggest collection of gold diggers per capita save Miami.
Interesting. I thought L.A. women would be at the top of the list.

I made small talk with a mid 30s woman at a shelter over the summer. The topic of gold diggers came up. She told me that she would only date a man that had more than her. She claimed that it would not be hard. Basically if she was walking, the guy should at least have a bus pass. If she had a bus pass, the guy should at least have a beater car. If she had a beater car, the guy should at least have a more reliable car than her...and so on.

It makes sense that most, if not all, women were to think this way.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Interesting. I thought L.A. women would be at the top of the list.

I made small talk with a mid 30s woman at a shelter over the summer. The topic of gold diggers came up. She told me that she would only date a man that had more than her. She claimed that it would not be hard. Basically if she was walking, the guy should at least have a bus pass. If she had a bus pass, the guy should at least have a beater car. If she had a beater car, the guy should at least have a more reliable car than her...and so on.

It makes sense that most, if not all, women were to think this way.
ehh, everybody wants to move up if they can. sure.

there are "normal" wholesome women everywhere, including Vegas. I just live a certain lifestyle when there and don't run into them.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:58 PM

80 posts, read 145,061 times
I've seen folks with no legs making the most of it here, so I don't see why not. Just remember prostitution is illegal here. But in neighboring Pahrump it's not.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:26 AM

743 posts, read 968,978 times
oh my god man, go to Philippines or Thailand if you are looking to live it up...forget Vegas...I've spent cumulatively 6 years between the 3 places. Hit the internet, do some research. Thanks for serving our country. You deserve that $. Don't spend it all.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:29 AM

743 posts, read 968,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novabrite View Post
$350k will get you something that was $2 million, a few years ago.
I'd like to know where I can get a $2m house for $350k. I'd say it's dropped more to like $750k house a few years ago for $350k...which still isn't bad.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:31 AM

Why oh why did someone revive this thread?

lol, this was a long time ago when I was a bit angry, attention starved, and having serious adjustment issues. I was also holed up in room in BKK with only a bottle of Black Label to keep me company.

I was frustrated and cagey because the ignoramuses in Vegas--mainly the women--could not understand what I was all about. Seriously, when you tell people you worked in non-lethal targeting cell within five minutes what should I have expected them to think....that I was either a prevaricator or a nutcase....lol. And in Vegas there are very few people who can tell the difference between a BSer and someone who is legit. This is not DC where OGA employyes are all over the McLean mall with their brats in tow--25% of them are identifiable by the lanyards...they take off their badges and stuff them into their pockets but the lanyards are often still visible..OPSEC huh?

I have since learned that it's simply not for them to know. They don't get and they never well. 95% of Americans will not understand what USAID does during their lifetimes. They don't know what a SCIFF is and think all contractors downrange either sling a rifle (aka bodyguards/PSD) or cook chow for KBR.

The losing my hand thing was actually not all that bad. I mean I'd rather have it than not, but guys go through worse. I could have lost both my legs or been disfigured or even lost my weiner...now I have a cool bar toy.

I have stopped trying to explain myself to those that can't understand and am much more comfortable in my own skin. The shrink helps too

But for a guy who spent 7 years in war zones you really cant blame me if I had a hard time adjusting to civilian life.

I am doing splendid, but, sadly, so many others are not.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:35 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,001,725 times
Quote:
ehh, everybody wants to move up if they can. sure.

there are "normal" wholesome women everywhere, including Vegas. I just live a certain lifestyle when there and don't run into them.
I can't agree with this at all. If the guy in question doesn't bring anything other than money to the table, then yes, he will have to deal with gold diggers.

So then look at this guy, Dennis Kucinich:

Who is married to Elizabeth Kucinich:

Obviously, he's got a LOT more going for him than just some cash in the bank. Never discount the value of being a good conversationalist, and having plenty of ambition and some neat-o hobbies.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I can't agree with this at all. If the guy in question doesn't bring anything other than money to the table, then yes, he will have to deal with gold diggers.

So then look at this guy, Dennis Kucinich:

Who is married to Elizabeth Kucinich:

Obviously, he's got a LOT more going for him than just some cash in the bank. Never discount the value of being a good conversationalist, and having plenty of ambition and some neat-o hobbies.
not to get off topic, but he is a millionaire congressman...he has money and power..he ain't dumb either.

powerful men attract gold diggers too. not too many poor powerful people in this country.

what don't you agree with?

most women don't date presidential candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas