Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 11:59 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post

I don't mean to be an ass, but when you loose your hand and have people call bs when they are speaking of things of which they nothing about is off-putting.
Actually, I do know something about it but my apologies to you if I offended you. I guess I was speaking from my own experience (8 surgeries) and the months of wound care and physical therapy I went through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 12:12 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,368,438 times
If this story is legitimate, then you should know that women in Las Vegas are like women anywhere else: they're "normal", and you should try to be too. And if this story is for real, you're acting like you're stupid. No woman wants a stupid man, rich or not, one hand or three. Jeez. Are people that friggin dumb or are we being "had"?

Old 10-24-2011, 12:23 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,991,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Actually, I do know something about it but my apologies to you if I offended you. I guess I was speaking from my own experience (8 surgeries) and the months of wound care and physical therapy I went through.
Sorry for being testy, Sir. I am normally a pretty easy going and non-confrontational guy.

I am sorry for your loss. Aside from some phantom pain and learning how to use the prosthesis I am doing very well. It was also my non-dominant hand.

I realize that as unfortunate as my situation is, there are people in Africa or even America that don't get awesome treatment, have seven figure private insurance payouts, federal insurance wage protection for life, and vocational training.

Perhaps I am focusing on the wrong thing about the babes and I am coming across as flippant.

Now about the girls I don't know what the dating scene is like in Vegas...or anywhere for that matter... I just heard from some of my buddies that live in the area that dudes literally have to pay to keep the really pretty ones around. They say its an awful place to meet wholesome women. Not all girls want their rent paid I am sure but I hear its not as uncommon in certain circles as one might think.

My question was, is this true or are my boys just making excuses on why they cant keep a hot gal? They are mostly decent looking, former military, ~31, and some have pretty good IT related jobs. Others work security.

Thanks.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:42 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Sorry for being testy, Sir.
I'm not a "sir."

Old 10-24-2011, 12:57 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,991,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
If this story is legitimate, then you should know that women in Las Vegas are like women anywhere else: they're "normal", and you should try to be too. And if this story is for real, you're acting like you're stupid. No woman wants a stupid man, rich or not, one hand or three. Jeez. Are people that friggin dumb or are we being "had"?
Maybe your circle does not include these types of women. Prolly a good thing. I am a guy that until three years ago thought that Olive Garden was fine dining. I took a date there in California and she made me the laughing stock of her entire Facebook click. Where I am from, the Olive Garden is a pretty nice place and five bucks gets any drink you want in the bars.

I disagree with you 100% that the women in Vegas, LA, Miami are "normal" by typical American standards. When cocktail waitresses get $100 tips just for shaking their ass and when a final tab at the clubs on the strip can easily run into four figures for table service that is not normal.

yes the strip is not Henderson, but it seems that most of the girls I met there work on the strip or were supporting it. And it seemed to me that many of these girls with no education and part-time jobs were living much higher than what their income allowed.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:10 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,162,924 times
Probably a fake post but .....oh well.

I work with several guys who have prosthetic limbs. Both arms and legs. They have ZERO issues with finding women. Sometimes I even think that they get more action BECAUSE of their prosthetic limbs. One guy that I work with rotates between 3 or 4 different style arms. One of the arms is a "Terminator style" arm. We all went out to lunch one day and it was all eyes on him. The arm is pretty bad ass and very detailed.

Similar to this.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:12 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,162,924 times
edit....

Old 10-24-2011, 01:31 AM

241 posts, read 492,447 times
Looks like you did a pretty good job milking the perverted U.S. 'Defense' sector. Can't blame you though. Hate the game, not the playa and all that.

You sound a bit off. I suspect self esteem issues. A hot 'model-like' lady isn't going to solve your problems. In fact, odds are the type of ladies you're trying to avoid will hone in on you. You're what's known as a 'soft target.' Ton of money, and very little sense.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:16 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,596,827 times
Lol !!!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 03:42 AM

78 posts, read 118,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas1337 View Post
Looks like you did a pretty good job milking the perverted U.S. 'Defense' sector. Can't blame you though. Hate the game, not the playa and all that.

You sound a bit off. I suspect self esteem issues. A hot 'model-like' lady isn't going to solve your problems. In fact, odds are the type of ladies you're trying to avoid will hone in on you. You're what's known as a 'soft target.' Ton of money, and very little sense.
LOL I was thinking that but I didn't want to come off as being rude.

Yeah he reminds me of someone with book sense but no street or common sense. Hell these chicks will see him coming, and run some game on him-lol . He may be better off going to the other location or some other city.

**If he's game was good then he wouldn't or shouldn't be paying for attention or the goodies. **Women don't like weak men**

SN- Use your money for a life coach/motivational coach to work on your issues
and then check out the brothels or get a mail order chick

First date should be simple-( no fine dining until a connection & interest is made)

Last edited by All-natural; 10-24-2011 at 03:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas