Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 05:40 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,991,402 times

Advertisements

This post has strayed off topic from my original question about home prices in Lake LV and the prevalence of the Sugarpapa culture in the dating scene in Vegas.

Milking the system by being a contractor....do you consider working in the world's most inhospitable places with no freedom of movement for 12 hours a day seven days a week sleeping in shared living conditions with five other men using facilities shared by 100s of other men with absolutely no privacy or entertainment to speak of save a laptop and a PS3 milking the system? Oh, yea, and doing so under the threat and sometimes actuality of loss of life and limb...I've been in a DFAC before in Baghdad and had a rocket come in and kill two people on the other end of chow hall while I was having my fried chicken and mac + cheese..went back to to work 45 minutes later...And just between me and you, I think the water is carconegenic that KBR gives us to bathe in.

And the jealously...I mean genuine concern that i see about having self-esteem issues and not being well adjusted....hmm....where does that possibly come from?

My question is who is milking who? Yea, the salary sounds good, and the food ain't bad (it's free) but methinks my Uncle did not get too bad a deal.

I know plenty of people who would rather make 60k stateside than 250k at Bagram or Camp Victory and I am not sure if I can blame them. As for myself, I don't regret one minute of being a contractor.

For the record, the seven figure settlement was the result of a Private insurance policy that was very expensive. if I did not have this I would have beenbroke and unemployed while I waited possibly a year or so until the federal bennies kicked in because the company terminated my contract 15 days after my incident. A good friend of mine lost his eye and it took him two years to finish the process.

Is this milking the system anymore than the AF guy who spent 8 of 8 years during the wars in Texas, Nevada, and working at the Embassy in the Philipines (wearing civies) who gets the GI bill and other bennies?

Now, if I want a smokin hot lady on my arm so what. It's irrelevant if I have self-esteem issues or not. I suspect that we all do. My only question, which nobody has yet answered, is are those girls that you see at Ghost Bar, Pure, and the pools expect you to pay their living expenses if you are young and good looking.

The guys sitting down at the tables get a lot more attention than the dude standing at the bar. Is this the game you speak of?

And who are we kidding here? This is Vegas. This is not Madison or Evanston. I would argue that looks matter more here in Vegas than they do anyplace else because not many people per capita in Vegas are educated. Many of the girls are hot but have little upstairs and some seemed to do nothing but party 6 days a week. I told one girl that i was going to Kuwait at the BlueMartini and she thought it was a state in the South.

Perhaps someone who deals with these types of girls can chime in.

Thanks.

Last edited by Datafeed; 10-24-2011 at 06:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 05:57 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
You have a Million Bucks in the bank and you are worried about spending it on a date?

Just don't tell her you have any money.

I knew a guy who went on the internet, told the girl he got $150,000 from his wife's death.

6 months later the money was gone and so was she.....

Old 10-24-2011, 06:48 AM

194 posts, read 398,327 times
The part I don't get is how you go from meeting a club or party girl, to paying her bills.

You don't pay them to stay dude, you pay them to leave

Old 10-24-2011, 07:13 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
1. Yes

2. Get girls by the hour until your self-confidence returns.

3. The bookstores in Vegas are busy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Hi. Thanks.

I am not interested in prostitutes (in the pure sense of the word.) I just want to know if the really hot girls expect you to give them money as opposed to spending money on them. Some people may not make this distinction but I do. I didn't mind spending $250 on Sushi at Bar Masa when I was on R&R for a date but refused to "help" her with her bills. Again, maybe this is convoluted to some but it's my morals.

What I am asking is aside from having a nice ride and digs, do you literally have to pay girls' bills for them to date you more than a few times? I think they call this sponsorship in E. Europe.

I am by no means a scholar, I just have a scholarly demeanor but just because I act somewhat goofy and nerdy does not mean I don't want a Maxim woman.
hummm... well in Vegas, it sure is warmer then Maine. Good Luck to ya.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:23 AM

78 posts, read 118,769 times
Again thanks for serving and second you signed up to be a contractor(a bill that "we" tax bill are paying)so pleased stop disrespecting the Air Force(you should have done your research). Dude Im not trying to be rude or disrespectful but you are not the only one who has gotten hurt, lost a love one or whatever due to any of the wars. If anything you should be thankful that you are alive and able to enjoy life. And instead of coming on Cd asking "dum"questions about getting hot babes in vegas, you should focus on working on "yourself and your issues.
For the people who you think are not that educated in Vegas, I'm sure they have more confidence compared to you. Second for the jealously part- please guys like you are seen everyday, every hour(after all this is vegas- we see it all) and any "real women" could spot within a short amount of time that you got some issues. Guys who are hot and that can get P***y don't have to come on CD and ask how to get hot chicks. Only the "babies" 20-24 are the ones partying everyday- after awhile that gets old.

One thing I learned is everything that looks good on the outside isn't always good in the inside. So on that note- move to vegas, and come spend your money on hot babes to help our economy.

Any other smart sane guys would have went to brazil,milan,Venezuela,thailand, dominican republic,cape verde(thats me),philippines, or some other exotic place and brought his " hot Babe" with him-at less she would have been cheaper-lol.
GN

Old 10-24-2011, 07:42 AM

194 posts, read 398,327 times
You can take the girl outta the club, but you cant take the club outta the girl.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:43 AM

719 posts, read 1,480,652 times
Quote:
I don't mean to be an ass, but when you loose your hand and have people call bs when they are speaking of things of which they nothing about is off-putting.
I don't mean to be an ass either, but if I understand you correctly, you want to date only perfect, model types....yet, you are missing a hand, which makes you imperfect. You forgot to mention your shallowness. Good luck to you.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:18 AM

Default I really dislike online anonymous communication...

[quote=All-natural;21410728]Again thanks for serving and second you signed up to be a contractor(a bill that "we" tax bill are paying)so pleased stop disrespecting the Air Force(you should have done your research).

I think I am a horrible communicator because I do not mean to disrespect any branch of service or seek any kind of pity whatsoever. Many people don't know what a contractor is and many of them don't understand that that the high salary comes at a cost. In fact, I know that I am lucky even with my injury and stated so in my first post

Dude Im not trying to be rude or disrespectful but you are not the only one who has gotten hurt, lost a love one or whatever due to any of the wars. If anything you should be thankful that you are alive and able to enjoy life. And instead of coming on Cd asking "dum"questions about getting hot babes in vegas, you should focus on working on "yourself and your issues.

I don't think it's a dumb question to ask about the dating scene as a single unattached man wanting to move to a new city. I have heard and kinda sorta seen some disturbing issues with the Vegas dating seen. I simply wanted to confirm them. I have heard that the really pretty women will date you if they like you but after a few weeks they will say things like, "I am having a hard time this month and am a little short." And if you don't offer to help them out they stop returning your phone calls because other men will help them. or they will genuinely date you but you are second to the man that helps her

For the people who you think are not that educated in Vegas, I'm sure they have more confidence compared to you. Second for the jealously part- please guys like you are seen everyday, every hour(after all this is vegas- we see it all) and any "real women" could spot within a short amount of time that you got some issues. Guys who are hot and that can get P***y don't have to come on CD and ask how to get hot chicks. Only the "babies" 20-24 are the ones partying everyday- after awhile that gets old.

I never said I had confidence...I think I said I did not I know that in places like vegas there are always guys with more cash, better looking, and more charming and its futile to try to keep up. Compared to where i grew up, in a mid-western college town, the people in Vegas are not educated nor very intelligent. I am not educated as I don't even have a college degree but will start school in the fall.

One thing I learned is everything that looks good on the outside isn't always good in the inside. So on that note- move to vegas, and come spend your money on hot babes to help our economy.

Any other smart sane guys would have went to brazil,milan,Venezuela,thailand, dominican republic,cape verde(thats me),philippines, or some other exotic place and brought his " hot Babe" with him-at less she would have been cheaper-lol.

I will debate you on this all day. The good thing about being a contractor is that I have been damn near everywhere on my numerous R&Rs. You should know that the world is flat. I just paid 8 bucks for some nasty cheddar cheese in Bangkok. Brazil (Rio) is more expensive than Manhattan. And the prettiest Thai and Philipino women are in California. The DR is ok, but kinda run down, at least it's not as dangerous as the Phillipines or Caracus...once again, the hottest Latin babes are in Miami not Bogota. I would never marry a foreign beau because they have no earning power in the States and they don't UNDERSTAND what you have to say to them even when they have studied English for 20 years. By the way, who said anything about marriage? I just want to date a Maxim like babe. I'll prolly marry an engineer.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post
I don't mean to be an ass either, but if I understand you correctly, you want to date only perfect, model types....yet, you are missing a hand, which makes you imperfect. You forgot to mention your shallowness. Good luck to you.

On the contrary, i am very upfront about my shallowness re Vegas girls. I just don't know how much I will (literally) pay for such shallowness. I just wanted to know how far does one go to engage in such shallowness? What's with the the 5'9 230 pound balding 55 year old with the 25 yo blonde bombshell? he sure ain't perfect but her looks almost are. It's a very honest and straight forward question for a guy that does not know. You don't see that where I am from but it was very common in Vegas when I was there.

Seriously, some guys like trophy women. It's their preference. My original question, aside from asking about a housing price in LLV, is what are the men doing in Vegas to attract and keep such women?

Old 10-24-2011, 09:13 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,162,924 times
Quote:
On the contrary, i am very upfront about my shallowness re Vegas girls. I just don't know how much I will (literally) pay for such shallowness. I just wanted to know how far does one go to engage in such shallowness? What's with the the 5'9 230 pound balding 55 year old with the 25 yo blonde bombshell? he sure ain't perfect but her looks almost are. It's a very honest and straight forward question for a guy that does not know. You don't see that where I am from but it was very common in Vegas when I was there.

Seriously, some guys like trophy women. It's their preference. My original question, aside from asking about a housing price in LLV, is what are the men doing in Vegas to attract and keep such women?
Seriously! Just be yourself and have your sh*t together. Sounds like you DO NOT have your sh*t together as of now. You need to find yourself and go clear your mind somewhere. Your money will come and go. But your personality, character and everything else that makes you, YOU, will never go away. I don't even think you know what you want or need in life.

Your situation is not unique in anyway. I'm deployed now with over 100 guys(most Air Force some contractors). 90% are from Las Vegas. Most of the contractors make over 240K a year. Some have "hot hooker type" wives while others have wives that were there high school sweet hearts. Which relationships do you think is the happiest? Which relationship do you think will last?

And to answer your question above(in red). What I did to attract my hot wife and keep her wont work for you. It wont work for anyone but me and her. Just like whatever you do you attract your soul mate wont work for the next guy. Everybody is different. You should go through some more trial and error with relationships. OR...You can skip straight to the redbook site and find a hot blond for sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas