Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 05:01 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,589,552 times

Advertisements

OJ lives there.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:37 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,260 times
If Howard Hughes Corporation is building a condo next to the baseball stadium, I'd say that would be the perfect spot to live.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:29 PM

1,086 posts, read 746,402 times
I was driving around my current city today and disgusted (sorry don't know other word for it) by all the homeless people camped out (moved in) on the streets. While I wish I had a solution for the problem I also don't want to live with them in my neighborhood. I am a suburban wimp kind of person at this point of my life. I realize there are homeless people everywhere to a degree. I assume not too many around Summerlin but for some random people that buzz through town possibly!? However, looking at Summerlin North v. Summerlin South any differences in homelessness, transients, worse neighborhoods? It seems like the north is better than the south but the Ridges are in the south which is really expensive. Would love some local insight.

Old 06-08-2019, 07:25 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
I was driving around my current city today and disgusted (sorry don't know other word for it) by all the homeless people camped out (moved in) on the streets. While I wish I had a solution for the problem I also don't want to live with them in my neighborhood. I am a suburban wimp kind of person at this point of my life. I realize there are homeless people everywhere to a degree. I assume not too many around Summerlin but for some random people that buzz through town possibly!? However, looking at Summerlin North v. Summerlin South any differences in homelessness, transients, worse neighborhoods? It seems like the north is better than the south but the Ridges are in the south which is really expensive. Would love some local insight.
Pretty much the same everywhere except more by the strip and a lot more downtown. It’s a great job. In my opinion, more than half are scammers

Old 06-08-2019, 07:32 PM

158 posts, read 175,250 times
Quote:
All of Summerlin is nice. The general rule is the further from the strip the better. There are exceptions of course.

Old 06-08-2019, 07:34 PM

39 posts, read 30,194 times
Not sure if you're looking exclusively in North and South, but I haven't seen homeless in Summerlin West.

Quote:

Old 06-09-2019, 06:47 AM

400 posts, read 563,887 times
^ There was (last year) a homeless camp breakup behind Costco on Charleston / 215. I've recently seen homeless sleeping in the Vistas parks over the past year or so...as recent as last week while walking my dog. Homeless will also come down from the desert / Red Rock areas in the morning and 'work' along Charleston near 215 exits. Yesterday I saw quite a few near the ballpark / bus transit station at about 1PM.

There definitely aren't many out here, but numbers are increasing - and pretty fast by my non-scientific viewing.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esas View Post
^ There was (last year) a homeless camp breakup behind Costco on Charleston / 215. I've recently seen homeless sleeping in the Vistas parks over the past year or so...as recent as last week while walking my dog. Homeless will also come down from the desert / Red Rock areas in the morning and 'work' along Charleston near 215 exits. Yesterday I saw quite a few near the ballpark / bus transit station at about 1PM.

There definitely aren't many out here, but numbers are increasing - and pretty fast by my non-scientific viewing.
I have not noticed any homeless people in our community, but if you do within any of our community property make sure to contact the Summerlin Council and it will be taken care of immediately. Thank you.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:07 AM

400 posts, read 563,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeton1990 View Post
I have not noticed any homeless people in our community, but if you do within any of our community property make sure to contact the Summerlin Council and it will be taken care of immediately. Thank you.
Head to Vistas South park most mornings and you'll find people sleeping in their cars. Vistas Park (central) gets 3-5 most nights sleeping near the baseball parks. A quick google search of "homeless Summerlin" will point out a few issues with businesses over the past 2-3 years. I've been hit up for spare change at Terrible's / Sprouts on Sahara & Hualapai at least twice recently. I'm only familiar with my immediate neighborhood...

If you aren't seeing them, it's because you aren't looking. I just don't want people painting a picture of Summerlin that isn't true...this is a big city and as the homeless population continues to grow, they won't all be centralized downtown.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esas View Post
Head to Vistas South park most mornings and you'll find people sleeping in their cars. Vistas Park (central) gets 3-5 most nights sleeping near the baseball parks.
I am regularly running through those parks in the morning and have never seen a homeless person. We have private security who regularly walk and drive through our parks and we don’t tolerate that activity. The parking lots of Vistas, South Tower and North Tower Parks are closed off at night and any cars in the parking lot are towed after 11pm so I can assure no one is sleeping in our parks. I would encourage anyone in Summerlin who sees something suspicious on our community property to call our 24 hour hotline at (702) 341-5500.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas