Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 09:11 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
...and so many people want a society that punishes over achievement and rewards the sloth...glad I stayed out of this thread.
Hardly. I'm Mr. "Personal Responsibility." But I also recognize that not everyone has my skills. I also recognize that some people do indeed fall on hard times through no fault of their own. (And yes, others are 100% to blame for their bad luck.)

How we treat such people is the best reflection of who we are. Most developed countries sorted this out years ago. Scotland, in particular, is a country which I see as role model -- they invented capitalism, after all. And yet they still manage to take care of those who truly need help. Google J.K. Rowling's life before she was successful, for instance.

Yes, there will ALWAYS be people who abuse the system. People abuse it now. People will abuse it tomorrow. But that doesn't mean we jettison those who legitimately need help just so we can feel ideologically smug about our political choices.

Face it, we're already spending this money. It's just that we spend it on a fighter program that nobody wants and on bombing brown people back to the stone age via remote control.

Last edited by ScoopLV; 03-11-2016 at 09:26 AM..

Old 03-11-2016, 11:11 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
^this guy gets it.

We have to create an economy in which people can prosper, not just those who have talents and skills, everyone. That's what was great about the 50s 60s and 70s, we had jobs for low skilled people. We had jobs for partially skilled people. We had jobs for extremely skilled people. Bush 1 started nafta, Clinton finished it, and sent all the jobs to China. We need to bring them back. We have a lot of people who are not capable of getting a high paying job, they shouldn't be relegated to starvation wages and food stamps.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:50 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,283 times
I always check out the betting odds on the president as I have not seen the favorite lose yet. This is the first time I have checked, but after this, I give up. It is not even close.

US Presidential Election 2016 - US Politics Betting Odds - Paddy Power

According to aol, Bernie Sanders has a 5% chance of becoming president, Donald Trump has a 20% chance, and Hillary Clinton has a 67% chance.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:09 PM
EA

Looks like I have to board the Trump train since Americans are retarded.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:11 PM

I would drink Drano before I would vote for Trump.

But I agree with your assessment of Americans.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:17 PM
EA

Hillary is FAR worse.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:30 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
With Hilary as president, it will just be 4 more years of Obama. Nothing will ever change. People need to get smarter and vote for real change, not pretend like she promises and will not deliver.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:40 PM

222 posts, read 226,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Hillary is FAR worse.
Even if that were true, and Im not prepared to concede it, Hilary's faults are of a more-or-less known quantity. Trump is very much a wild card. I can safely assume he'd fall somewhere between ineffectual-blowhard-rightwing-populist and oh-jesus-I-need-to-find-an-attic-to-hide-in-neo-fascist. Im really not prepared to roll the dice on that.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basnobua View Post
Even if that were true, and Im not prepared to concede it, Hilary's faults are of a more-or-less known quantity. Trump is very much a wild card. I can safely assume he'd fall somewhere between ineffectual-blowhard-rightwing-populist and oh-jesus-I-need-to-find-an-attic-to-hide-in-neo-fascist. Im really not prepared to roll the dice on that.
I cannot agree more with this statement.

But, c'mon. It's Hillary. Can we PLEASE start spelling her name correctly, at least.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:23 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
With Hilary as president, it will just be 4 more years of Obama. Nothing will ever change. People need to get smarter and vote for real change, not pretend like she promises and will not deliver.

Economy has turned around under Obama's 2 term-presidency even with Obama inheriting 2 major wars. Again he has turned around the economy and the world looked favorably on Obama. Let's talk local, to simplify things. Economy of Clark County improved under Obama. The Strip is vibrant once again with resorts hiring and expanding facilities. As far as the national debt, it is the consequence of the failed 2 Bush's presidency that is the real reason not because Obama tried to turn around a depression.

Obama inherited a depression, economy tanked, housing tanked, people losing jobs, Iraq and Afghanistan wars...... Not the case anymore and under his watch, he took care of the Saddam, Gaddafi and Osama Bin Laden. Give credit where credit is due, I know it is hard for many here especially knowing he is the first Black president of the USA.

Nothing wrong with Hillary continuing or making better, the improvement that has happened in the country under President Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: