Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 12:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,842 times

Advertisements

I just came back from there today. We got the same creepy feeling. The animals seem well fed, but sad. We stepped on two dead birds. The long horned cow looked like he was dying. He layed there, in the hot sun, with nose in the dirt and kept moving his nose in the dirt. The place reminded me of some horror movie. I took a lot of photos of some of the amimals, but some of the animals sure are not of the petting kind, like the lynx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 06:29 AM

90 posts, read 316,907 times
Try going back when it isn't so hot! The animals will likely be perkier then and the smell won't be as bad. I always felt sorry for the animals at the zoo downtown because their enclosures are mostly too small for such big animals, but Bonnie Springs always seemed ok...just rustic.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,744 times
i LOVE Bonnie Springs.Why are u all complaining of the smell - what do u expect in 40degrees heat with animals and horses on a working ranch???and its not a real town, its a tourist attraction!!!!i was there last september and found it to be fantastic!!!!!! we had a huge fry-up for breakfast before we went out on the horses. Spent 2hours riding. found the wranglers to be brilliant - very friendly and very informative about red rock canyon and the animals.We then were shown round the zoo and i was amazed at it all. we got to feed the animals, hold some of the smaller ones and pet them all. they all seemed in very good conditions and again the handlers were very experienced and told us all about the animals.i am definitely going back next year!!!!!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:41 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme1241 View Post
i LOVE Bonnie Springs.Why are u all complaining of the smell - what do u expect in 40degrees heat with animals and horses on a working ranch???and its not a real town, its a tourist attraction!!!!i was there last september and found it to be fantastic!!!!!! we had a huge fry-up for breakfast before we went out on the horses. Spent 2hours riding. found the wranglers to be brilliant - very friendly and very informative about red rock canyon and the animals.We then were shown round the zoo and i was amazed at it all. we got to feed the animals, hold some of the smaller ones and pet them all. they all seemed in very good conditions and again the handlers were very experienced and told us all about the animals.i am definitely going back next year!!!!!
When you have only one post and signed up the same day, it is more than obvious you work for the place. Enough said....

Old 07-27-2009, 11:22 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
I'm kind of wondering how 40 degree's can be considered as "heat."

Old 07-28-2009, 12:03 AM

500 posts, read 748,526 times
Only if it's Celsius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I'm kind of wondering how 40 degree's can be considered as "heat."

Old 07-28-2009, 06:02 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,263,308 times
This is my first post & I don't work at Bonnie Springs. I do enjoy taking my daughter there. We go on the weekend so she can take the train ride. I never noticed being overly stinky. While it would be nice if some of the animals had larger enclosures they all look well fed & happy. $20 is on the high side to enter but they do have a lot of animals to feed. They should do more advertising to generate business.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,314 times
We too are from the UK, we visited Bonnie Springs in October 2009 and it was the best day out that we have ever had.the zoo we found to be great, it was so nice to see some of the animals roaming around not caged, at least you could get hands on with them.
Where else would you find a western show that provides fun and laughter for the whole family with beautiful scenery in the background, also being thrown into jail with the Sheriff standing there to make sure you do not escape.
My biggest regret is that we did not get a chance to look inside the chapel as this is one thing that i would loved to have done.
Things in the 1800s is just how Bonnie Springs show it, if you don't like this idea then please do not go there, personally we think that they do a fantastic job of showing people how things used to be.
I would recommend Bonnie Springs to anyone . For anyone that does not like getting a bit of dirt or dust on them then don't bother going. We are hoping to go back to Bonnie Springs next May

Old 02-12-2010, 08:25 PM

156 posts, read 404,019 times
Bonnie Springs has been on the decline for the last 2 decades. It has the potential to be great, so I'm not sure what the issue is......

Old 02-28-2010, 10:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,911 times
we love bonnie springs ranch. it is supposed to look rustic, that's part of the charm. we stayed over at the motel, went horseback riding in the morning, had a fabulous breakfast and enjoyed the zoo and the shops...we will be back for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas