Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2017, 10:37 AM

359 posts, read 361,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentVegas View Post
How do u figure that?
The security officer was shot in the hamstring at 9:59pm. He did not fall so he managed to move over to the side. Less than 15 seconds later he got on the radio and said he was shot on the 32 floor.
Security dispatch instantly --INSTANTLY- called the police.
There was no guessing.. no trying to figure out where shooter was. They knew exactly because Campos was wounded sitting laying there talking to hotel dispatch.
Why Metro originally made it seem as if they had to figure out the shooters location in the building is beyond me.

Mandalay Bay security did everything right.
Also-point worth mentioning---
there are ZERO alarms on any staircase in the building that a guest would have access to.
In the basement there are doors that have alarms...not in the hotel area.

not true at all metro was searching floors below the 32nd when they heard gunfire and said it was coming from the floor above the door alarm was coming from THE SHOOTERS DOOR being open

the question now is what did the security guard do after he was shot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 11:30 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
It looks like Metro has walked back part of the timeline. It now appears that Paddock shot the guard before he opened fire on the crowd. The guard was in the hall reporting the gunshot to Mandalay Bay security before Paddock opened fire. If this updated timeline is correct then Metro should have known the shooters exact location all along.

I suspect we will be hearing more about this.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:51 AM

373 posts, read 348,849 times
I have been without internet past days any new updates on this lunatic ? Motive , anything his gf. Said , security footage ?

What about his note ?

Old 10-10-2017, 12:15 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateman92 View Post
I have been without internet past days any new updates on this lunatic ? Motive , anything his gf. Said , security footage ?

What about his note ?
Been in the tunnels?

Old 10-10-2017, 12:54 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateman92 View Post

What about his note ?
The note was just some figures on a piece of paper that they think was calculations on how to aim, pretty much. The first responders spoke about it on 60 Minutes, and the sheriff seemed annoyed that it was discussed at the latest press conference.

No security footage has been released that I have seen. His girlfriend has not said anything else since she arrived back in the US last week.

The media is too grabby when it comes to ANY bit of information, it's got to be frustration to try to conduct an investigation. So much false info flying around. People are so used to instant answers that they are forgetting that it takes TIME to get to the truth. Everyone needs to simmer down

Old 10-10-2017, 06:52 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Saw tonight the time between the security man calling hotel security and the call to police was longer than expected or acceptable. Why would the security man not call hotel security and the police. Or the police first?

Now I see a lawsuit.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:07 PM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Saw tonight the time between the security man calling hotel security and the call to police was longer than expected or acceptable. Why would the security man not call hotel security and the police. Or the police first?

Now I see a lawsuit.
Time line published shows:

Security guard shot, 6 mins later shooting starts, 18 minutes later officers are on scene.

Ever wait for an elevator? If the cops were in the lobby flirting with cocktail waitresses I don't think they could have gotten to the 32 floor faster. Once the calls started coming in about "machine gun fire" I suspect the cops figured they should be realllllly prepared before engaging the suspect.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:41 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
As I said before the price of poker appears to be rising fast. If MGM had notice of the shooting on the 32nd and did not immediately forward it to Metro I would think they may have just dropped a couple of hundred million dollars. What is the going rate for 58 dead? And 300 plus wounded.

And it is awful if you realize they got a break and blew it.

I have read reports that the security guard met the cops near the elevator after the Cops came up on it. I also heard the cops who actually stormed the room say they came up the stairs and had to pry open the stairwell door to get into the hall.

So still no clean time line.

As an aside the local thread is doing a whole lot better than the others.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
A possibility...not a known fact. Does Metro agree that they got such a call?

And if they did why did it take so long to get to the shooter?

Opens a whole new set of questions.
Metro got a call regarding a shooter--more than one from what I read/heard w/conflicting or confusing info--about the floor it was coming from...
Not all from the Mandalay Security Dept but from individuals...

Did the police PLAY a recording from the Mandalay Bay Security Dept re the security guard's info--
Shot on 32nd floor outside a particular room???
NEVER heard that specific info...

Old 10-10-2017, 07:56 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Time line published shows:

Security guard shot, 6 mins later shooting starts, 18 minutes later officers are on scene.

Ever wait for an elevator? If the cops were in the lobby flirting with cocktail waitresses I don't think they could have gotten to the 32 floor faster. Once the calls started coming in about "machine gun fire" I suspect the cops figured they should be realllllly prepared before engaging the suspect.
I agree--
We have stayed at the MB and elevators are not that fast and you can wait and wait depending on how busy it is

Frankly I thought it was almost UNLIKELY that some of those cops were able to be at the station doing paperwork and hear the report, get in their cars, and get to the hotel that fast...
I would almost like to see a recreation to establish if it was possible...

This WP article addresses the inconsistency--of the guard being shot prior to concertgoer S--

HOW can the cops already be searching for the shooter while the hotel guard had just been shot and called that into his own MB security??? That sounds like they were on site prior to concertgoers behind shot---

That overlap makes no sense--
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.43cdcb6464d8

Last edited by loves2read; 10-10-2017 at 08:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas