Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2019, 12:27 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,547,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
Let's talk about (upcoming) Coyote Springs, NV. Will it be new affordable housing, or another million dollar neighborhood?
You should be talking about White Hills, AZ (on the other side of Hoover Dam) before you bring up Coyote Springs.

Although, at this point, I don't see prices in Las Vegas or Clark County pushing people that far out anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 08:27 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
Let's talk about (upcoming) Coyote Springs, NV. Will it be new affordable housing, or another million dollar neighborhood?
Not likely - No water - The owners actually sold the rights they had.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:11 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeton1990 View Post
Have you ever been to Red Rock Resort, Las Vegas Ballpark or Tivoli Village. Have you ever explored the majesty of Red Rock Canyon. Once you get settled I encourage you to enjoy a fantastic meal at Blue Ribbon Sushi or T-Bones followed by a Aviators game. Enjoy!

Downtown Summerlin is still in development and offers shopping and dining that is unmatched in suburban Las Vegas. I shop or dine at Downtown Summerlin multiple times a week and it is always very busy. With the addition of new Class A office space and Las Vegas Ballpark Howard Hughes is having to construct a new parking garage because it is so busy.

I’m very puzzled when you talk about the retail in Spring Valley. The retail in the area you mention is newer and nicer than what is all along Eastern. Eastern south of the 215 is full of fast food and junk stores. The shopping center on Horizon Ridge and Eastern alone has a Superpawn and Dollar Loan Center. Not exactly high class. In addition to always seeing homeless people and panhandling in that center. I can’t get gas at the Texaco there without being asked for money. I’m in that area frequently and can see the precipitous decline over the last five years.
I'm not sure this is saying much... Superpawn, Dollar Loan Center, fast food joints, and low end retail are ubiquitous in the entire valley, even in Summerlin.

I don't think it's any secret that this town is loaded with people who gamble away all their money and then pawn or seek a Payday advance to pay the bills or gamble some more.

There will be panhandlers anywhere the local population has disposable income. There's no point in panhandling somewhere that people don't have any money.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:48 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
Too bad we can't just bus them to SF.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:53 AM

6 posts, read 3,735 times
Las Vegas is getting more expensive nowadays, not only for homes but for other things also.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:30 AM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
I think that's only one pathology. There are lots of differently way to be dysfunctional in Vegas. Only the gambling one is somewhat unique (and not even that unique any more.)

The bigger problem is that the dysfunctional (or the minimally functional, who then fall into dysfunction), are getting price out of Cali, and ending up in Vegas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
I'm not sure this is saying much... Superpawn, Dollar Loan Center, fast food joints, and low end retail are ubiquitous in the entire valley, even in Summerlin.

I don't think it's any secret that this town is loaded with people who gamble away all their money and then pawn or seek a Payday advance to pay the bills or gamble some more.

There will be panhandlers anywhere the local population has disposable income. There's no point in panhandling somewhere that people don't have any money.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:39 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Too bad we can't just bus them to SF.

Ha ha. We got in trouble for that already.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:36 AM

29 posts, read 28,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
And if you want to buy in Day Creek zoning, you're having to spend $500,000+ for a 1500 square foot 3 bed 2 bath starter home built in the 80s.
That's all? That's a great deal, considering places like Lakewood with mediocre schools gets you a 1200 sqft 3 bed 2 bath starter home built in the 1950s for $650,000 and up.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:56 AM

927 posts, read 883,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairbdes View Post
That's all? That's a great deal, considering places like Lakewood with mediocre schools gets you a 1200 sqft 3 bed 2 bath starter home built in the 1950s for $650,000 and up.
That's all? That's a great deal, considering places like Redwood City with mediocre schools gets you a 1300 sqft 3 bed 2 bath starter home built in the 1930s for $1,650,000 and up.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:01 AM

29 posts, read 28,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
That's all? That's a great deal, considering places like Redwood City with mediocre schools gets you a 1300 sqft 3 bed 2 bath starter home built in the 1930s for $1,650,000 and up.
It's all relative, everywhere, which I think is the point. There's always a reason why prices are a certain way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas