Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2011, 12:47 AM

654 posts, read 1,323,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
You should see the image I have of you right now, lol.

*tij sitting at a table, book open held with the left hand; the right hand shoveling a large spoon of spaghetti in his mouth...noodles flying...one sticks to the page smacking a red line across the page...meanwhile a jitery ferret finds a corner to poop in as his midnight stroll is being delayed by slower eating...*
That's a pretty good visual ... a couple fixes tho ...

Ferrets are not 'jittery'. They are furry toddlers on crack - or ADD to the more politically correct. Imagine watching your favorite cartoon; then imagine living with that cartoon ... a rough approximation, anyways. I guess "Nature's Clowns" is a good description.

WWF Wrestling ...

Oops, got too curious with the toilet paper roll ...

"Needs salt, Dad"

"Dad, he's picking on me again ..."

A scene from the movie Dune?

Also, rather than talking about a 'corner to poop in' maybe we could say 'an appropriate place to give the tail-up salute!'?

Don't mind me, I'm lacking sleep & slap-happy ... we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
I was using...creative license. But as a ferret Dad I'm sure the word jittery is one to cause alarm.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:07 AM

654 posts, read 1,323,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
I was using...creative license. But as a ferret Dad I'm sure the word jittery is one to cause alarm.
S'alright, you get a pass.

Actually the biggest thing to cause alarm is usually when it's TOO quiet & my ferret radar goes off ... that's when I search & find them in the most trouble, as they're quite curious, intelligent & mischievous. One example of hundreds if not thousands: It was TOO quiet one day in my place in Chicago & I remembered I had set down a case of beer in the front sunroom as I was having friends over that night. No sign of ferrets (had 5 at the time), normally at least one or two would be hanging around & all but one had until a few minutes prior to that. Sure enough, Toto (who had a penchant for alcohol) had managed to rip open the cardboard box, pull out a can then puncture it with his canines/incisors/whatever. The others must have communicated telepathically with him & eventually drifted that way; I walk up front to find all 5 of them sitting in a circle, lapping up beer off the hardwood floor. I swear if I didn't know better I'd have thought I was watching Animal House & John Belushi turned to me & said "Grab a brew ... don't cost nuthin' ..."

Never a dull moment with those creatures ... gotta have the patience of Job, tho ...

Old 08-18-2011, 01:13 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
Wow! Now that is hilarious! I bet life is pretty interesting...especially when they throw a party when you aren't looking!

Old 08-18-2011, 01:24 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
S'alright, you get a pass.

Actually the biggest thing to cause alarm is usually when it's TOO quiet & my ferret radar goes off ... that's when I search & find them in the most trouble, as they're quite curious, intelligent & mischievous. One example of hundreds if not thousands: It was TOO quiet one day in my place in Chicago & I remembered I had set down a case of beer in the front sunroom as I was having friends over that night. No sign of ferrets (had 5 at the time), normally at least one or two would be hanging around & all but one had until a few minutes prior to that. Sure enough, Toto (who had a penchant for alcohol) had managed to rip open the cardboard box, pull out a can then puncture it with his canines/incisors/whatever. The others must have communicated telepathically with him & eventually drifted that way; I walk up front to find all 5 of them sitting in a circle, lapping up beer off the hardwood floor. I swear if I didn't know better I'd have thought I was watching Animal House & John Belushi turned to me & said "Grab a brew ... don't cost nuthin' ..."

Never a dull moment with those creatures ... gotta have the patience of Job, tho ...
I used to have ferrets as well. They really are fantastic pets. I just couldn't get them to not poop in every corner. One of the ferrets I had absolutely loved straight Jack Daniels. I had to hide the stuff high up away from his reach.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:28 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
North Las Vegas laying off 21 and closing recreation centers - News - ReviewJournal.com

As someone who used to work with lots of kids who used these recreation centers; mark my words, crime will certainly rise upon the closing of these places. These rec centers are some of the only places that keep a sense of community going in some of the rougher areas. The money saved will merely be shuffled over to the police department.
Just the opposite should occur, police dept. funds transferred to the rec centers to keep the city safer.

So what! The police arrest a drug user/dealer or they arrest someone for robbing a 7/11! My first thought: What's this gonna cost me? Out comes the caclulator: $40-50k a year in imprisonment costs, right out of our pockets! In other words, their "heroic" efforts turn out to be muggings of the taxpayers!

Last edited by tijlover; 08-18-2011 at 01:29 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 08-18-2011, 02:01 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
I find it strange that none of the news channels had that fire in the NW late this afternoon. We saw it coming out of Costco, so we drove to it, along with all the other lookie-loos, watched whatever it was burn. Although with all the smoke, we couldn't figure out what was burning. This was in or near Iron Mountain Ranch area. I think someone's house? Was burning quite well for awhile. Channel 8 news copter was up above, so maybe they showed it as breaking news at that time. So what was it? Anyone watching the news at that time?

Old 08-18-2011, 02:41 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Didn't a few locals want to be on The Amazing Race? Well, here is your chance. They will be in town on Aug.27th looking for some new faces. I think it would be nice to watch someone we *know* for once. More info here:
The Amazing Race Casting (http://www.8newsnow.com/link/501447/the-amazing-race - broken link)

Old 08-18-2011, 03:39 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
North Las Vegas laying off 21 and closing recreation centers - News - ReviewJournal.com

As someone who used to work with lots of kids who used these recreation centers; mark my words, crime will certainly rise upon the closing of these places. These rec centers are some of the only places that keep a sense of community going in some of the rougher areas. The money saved will merely be shuffled over to the police department.
OMG, the cops are getting paid $92,000 a year and $50,000 a year in benefits and they wonder why the city is in trouble???? I had no idea they were getting that much. That is basically a $142,000 a year job in the private sector.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:07 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
I wish I could congratulate Aqualung like all of you, but I can't. I cannot stand that women. As I am a nice guy, I bought her dinner because I felt bad for her (she has a huge beard for God sakes). Soon after she sent some big Mexican guy after me. I nearly ended up in a fight. I ended up telling her off before walking home. Sorry to have to post this, but I have to. She is NOT a good woman and this will not last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas