Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 11:08 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I am hoping that once I move someplace that doesn't have "real" winter I will be able to appreciate fall. For now, it just fills me with dread.

I totally understand!

Old 08-29-2012, 05:20 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have been absent for the past 2 months as I have had lots of issues that I have had to deal with as I was on a verge of a mental breakdown.

To Kimba: I have now learned the past is the past. I hate to say that I was one of the snarkiest posters out there, much more so than Skisickie ever has been. Skisickie has had a very rough patch in her life recently just as I have. She deserves our full love and support.

To everyone: I am rapidly achieving my goals and am happy to say I am doing so much better since my last post. At this point I have cut down dramatically cut down on my drinking, lost weight, gained muscle, and improved my health. I am no longer hiding in my apartment all day. I have also followed through with my friend on learning on how to trade the futures market, and I have no doubt I will be very successful at it just like he is.

This is just a quick update as I am no longer going to be a regular poster here. I will come back before the end of the year and let you all know how everything went.

Take care everyone
I'm so glad you are turning things around for the better LVD.

I'm mostly just a lurker here, but feel like I know many of you. The Las Vegas forum is awesome and I love taking a few minutes each day to see how everyone is doing.

Glad things are going well and everyone needs to know that there are more people that care about them than they know of. Take Care!

Old 08-29-2012, 06:28 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Most of the people I know who really love living here are from much colder climates.

I really liked snow when I was a kid, but I didn't have to drive in it back then. I did have to shovel it when we were in Idaho. My mother dressed me for school as if I was traveling to the moon, so I can sort of relate, but winters in Pocatello were mild by a mid-westerner's point of view.

We got some real snow ( by Vegas standards) in 2008 and I had to drive home in it. I was shaking in my (not designed for snow) shoes. People here can hardly drive in the RAIN, let alone SNOW!

It was pretty though.

Oh. If you've never seen a Joshua tree dressed up for the holidays.. well, that's a magical sight.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:39 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
It's all opinion. We had a July full of temps over 100, some as high as 107. (that's crazy hot for Iowa) People around here are calling it the worst July ever and I am calling the best! I was in heaven. I was upset when it got below 100! The August came and the temps dropped to the 70s during the day and 50s at night. That really made me mad! LOL

I'll be there in Oct so I'll let ya know if it is anything like "real" fall. I am hoping I don't need a coat. (need a coat to me is 60 or below. I used to be able to be out in 45 degree temps without a coat but I can't do that anymore)

My Facebook status:

Dear Autumn, I know you are lurking out there somewhere and I wanted to tell you to stay away as long as possible. You make me very unhappy. Leaves should be green, not ugly brown and orange. Nights should be long and warm, not short and cold. Days should be sunny and hot, not crisp and cool. Life should be lived in bare feet and tank tops, not coats and socks. I hate you and your ugly brother Winter. You suck. Signed, Me.
You need to live in the South Pacific. Shorts and tank top weather year round and barefoot. For me, I welcome Fall. I hate the hot summers. I can finally be outside for the next 7 months to get some exercise until I am forced inside again all summer.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:32 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Most of the people I know who really love living here are from much colder climates.

I really liked snow when I was a kid, but I didn't have to drive in it back then. I did have to shovel it when we were in Idaho. My mother dressed me for school as if I was traveling to the moon, so I can sort of relate, but winters in Pocatello were mild by a mid-westerner's point of view.

We got some real snow ( by Vegas standards) in 2008 and I had to drive home in it. I was shaking in my (not designed for snow) shoes. People here can hardly drive in the RAIN, let alone SNOW!

It was pretty though.

Oh. If you've never seen a Joshua tree dressed up for the holidays.. well, that's a magical sight.
Even as a kid my answer was "It's cold out. Let's stay in." Snowmen and sledding were not fun for me

Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 AM

My brat that works at Bouchon got to work directly with Thomas Keller (whom he calls TK) today. He got to cook for Puck, a bunch of other famous chefs, and Anthony Bourdain ( the original punk rocker of the kitchen). Sometimes it doesn't suck living here, even in August.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:01 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Criticism of Republicans?

A point-by-point rebuttal of all the lies told by various speakers at the Republican National Convention??

Did I actually read all of that in the LVRJ???

Associated Press News - ReviewJournal.com

Granted, that it is actually an AP article (God-forbid that the LVRJ actually do any of its own reporting and analysis), but the LVRJ did, in fact, put it in its paper.

I thought Hell would freeze over before I saw anything such as this in our own little right-wing newsrag.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:12 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
Default Who is Observer53

I'm not talking about the moderator, I'm talking about the person.

we all know each other, kinda sorta, and we all mostly seem to get along.

But i am curious about our "overseer" and what he/she (I assume she) is about

I am curious.

Jonathan

Old 08-30-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Criticism of Republicans?

A point-by-point rebuttal of all the lies told by various speakers at the Republican National Convention??

Did I actually read all of that in the LVRJ???

Associated Press News - ReviewJournal.com

Granted, that it is actually an AP article (God-forbid that the LVRJ actually do any of its own reporting and analysis), but the LVRJ did, in fact, put it in its paper.

I thought Hell would freeze over before I saw anything such as this in our own little right-wing newsrag.
They just made a big overhaul of their newsroom staff. The winds of change seem to be blowing at the RJ.

Las Vegas Review-Journal announces newsroom management changes - Business - ReviewJournal.com

Old 08-30-2012, 08:33 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
This is really cool. An interactive wind map of the US! I am near the middle of the country and you can see how windy it is here compared to LV. Also you can see the hurricane

Wind Map
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas