Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 03:29 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times

Advertisements

The dog probably has Acetaminophen poisoning. Same thing that happens to us if we take too much Tylenol. It destroys your liver. Not sure if there is anything they can do for the dog aside from just letting it rest and get plenty of fluids.

Davie, this is the last thing I am going to say about your circumstances. There is a cause and effect relationship in the world. It doesn't work the way you think it does though. The cause is your thoughts, feelings and internal fortitude. The effect is how you perceive reality and the external consequences that arise. Your problems with your girlfriend, your job and everything else are not the cause of your misery. YOU are the cause of your misery and the simple act of changing how you perceive the world around you will actually change how things play out in your life.

Money is an idea. It's a piece of paper and a number on a bank account. It has no more value than that of which you assign to it. Your desperate "need" for it only creates more need and scarcity. Like all things in life, they come to you once you appreciate what you already have.

You will have endless relationship problems until you learn to stand on your own. If your mood is based on the constant approval or mood of someone else, your life will be a non stop roller coaster. You've already taken one step to stand on your own by moving here. At this point you can either fall forward or backward. We all fall down but we have the power to decide which way we fall. Like I said before, find what you are passionate about and go do it. Everything else will fade into the background.

Just because other people here don't come on here talking about their problems doesn't mean they don't go through the same pain that you do. It's all a part of life. I know it seems strange but if life was just one big easy street with no problems it would actually be boring and lack substance.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:44 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
And suggestion to the mods: Please change the name from The Official Las Vegas Chat Thread to...The Official Las Vegas Psychotherapy Session.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:04 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Lvd, I've always been a negative person. I was just masking it with the false belief that things could actually go my way for JUST ONCE but I guesd even that is asking too much

I can't wait to go home
And then you make these comments (any of them, not just these) and a lot of well-meaning, caring people (what??? they have "those" in Vegas??) come on and talk to you and no comment from you. Most of these people WANT to see you succeed. Well, you might be embarrassed, but I wouldn't think so or you wouldn't post such comments in the first place. I know if I shot off a post based on my first angered thoughts about a situation in my life, I might look at it and croak with embarrassment. So, I try to let my anger or disappointment calm down before I post....OR, I go to the Politics and Other Controversies forum!

Old 01-25-2011, 07:53 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I was at Flamingo/Maryland parkway on saturday. There are some weird people over there. Visiting some friends on Claymont, and while leaving, a disheveled dude comes up and asks for a light for his cigarette. We didn't have one so he told us to F off. That wasn't you, was it LVD? (j/k)
We don't get people doing that kind of stuff where we live. I am just glad I only visit over there once every 6 months now.
Yeah and UNLV is smack dab in the middle of all that mess. It's criminal...usually universities stand out and beautify a city. UNLV is so lackluster...it blends in. In fact some of the housing off to the side of the university looks like a prison. I'm not one for raising taxes but I would love to see UNLV look more cohesive and also have competitive programs that draw people in and their out of state tuition.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:20 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Yeah and UNLV is smack dab in the middle of all that mess. It's criminal...usually universities stand out and beautify a city. UNLV is so lackluster...it blends in. In fact some of the housing off to the side of the university looks like a prison. I'm not one for raising taxes but I would love to see UNLV look more cohesive and also have competitive programs that draw people in and their out of state tuition.
I agree. Unfortunately it looks like the biggest cuts are once again coming to education. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see teachers in mass just up and leaving the state.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:07 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Pull up your bootstraps and take care of things...be a man.
That's the problem right there, he's being a man. Women are stronger than men. So, better advice.....be a woman!

Old 01-25-2011, 09:20 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
That's the problem right there, he's being a man. Women are stronger than men. So, better advice.....be a woman!
Actually my suggestion was gender specific and not man vs. woman....but man vs. boy.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:22 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
It is true: A person, a place, a thing will never make someone happy. Happiness comes from within. Negativity also comes from within. You can choose to have a nice day or a crappy day. No one makes that choice for you. Only you.
People who are postive minded don't have a clue what goes on in the mind of a naturally negative person, like myself, who has suffered from depression all my life.

What you're saying is: you wake up, there's clouds in the skies, and you can push the clouds away and let the sunshine in? If it were only that easy!!!

I'm one of these people who stubbornly refuses to take anti-depression medication, but thank God my work doesn't call for a public image face, and I can let it all hang out, and if my moods disturb someone, let them take some medication if it's too difficult to deal with my moods.

And, I take a rather sadistic pleasure in upsetting postive-minded people!
Suffer! Suffer! I'm suffering, so you can suffer a little too!

Last edited by tijlover; 01-25-2011 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 01-25-2011, 10:23 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
People who are postive minded don't have a clue what goes on in the mind of a naturally negative person, like myself, who has suffered from depression all my life.

What you're saying is: you wake up, there's clouds in the skies, and you can push the clouds away and let the sunshine in? If it were only that easy!!!

I'm one of these people who stubbornly refuses to take anti-depression medication, but thank God my work doesn't call for a public image face, and I can let it all hang out, and if my moods disturb someone, let them take some medication if it's too difficult to deal with my moods.

And, I take a rather sadistic pleasure in upsetting postive-minded people!
Suffer! Suffer! I'm suffering, so you can suffer a little too!
You refused to take antidepressants because you are comfortable with your depression.

Happiness is fraught with complications that can be overwhelming to contemplate when in the middle of a depression. Even the thought that you might feel like doing things that will put pressure on your finances can be a source of additional worry.

Any change is stressful, even good change.

You are certainly not the only Eeyore around here.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:23 PM

487 posts, read 746,822 times
Who do you think is the most negative person to post on this site?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas