Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 06:43 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I was at Flamingo/Maryland parkway on saturday. There are some weird people over there. Visiting some friends on Claymont, and while leaving, a disheveled dude comes up and asks for a light for his cigarette. We didn't have one so he told us to F off. That wasn't you, was it LVD? (j/k)
We don't get people doing that kind of stuff where we live. I am just glad I only visit over there once every 6 months now.
Pinky you are so lucky that you're only down here once in q blue moon.
Maryland and the Fabulous Flamingo ( sarcasm fully intended on the " fabulous" part) I think it may be the worst intersection in the whole city, as far as traffic and crime are concerned. I didn't move to Vegas to be in the ghetto I feel my lifestyle has been down graded since I was not used to this sort of thing in Orlando
, where I lived in Orlando had a similar clasd of people to that of Aliante and CH. Granted I did grow up poor, somehow we were always in better neighborhoods, Hunter's creek where I lived from 2008-2010 being the best. I'm counting down the days till my lease is up at my current place, I can't wait to get outta this chit hole I'm in right now

Our dog Lilly has come down violently ill, she threw up last night and has been shaking all night, I know how she got sick too. It was an accident but she accidentally got 1 lil gulp of my theraflu yesterday. Gf is furious with me and accused me of intentionally giving it to her, which I would NEVER do to a defenseless creature. Even worse I have to take Lilly to the vet today and I don't have the money for that, on top pf that, gfs bday is Saturday and after the whole vet thing I'm not gonna have enough cash to get her a gift. While its true I'm kinda waiting till the last minute, I'm doing my best. She said since I haven't planned anything, she's going to spend her bday without me

In spite of the fact that's Lilly's illness is accidental, I'm afraid its going to cause gf and I to break up. If tgat happens, I plan on saving what I can ans return to Orlando. Without her I have no reason to be in Las Vegas anymore, if I lose her that will be it for me, I will be single to thw day I die if she's not in the picture. No other woman in her right mind will go out with me, if there is another it will most likely be decades before I find her if ever.

W/ the exception of drinking LVD I actually like your quiet solitary lifestyle
I will be living that lifestyle once Lilly dies and gf totally forgets I even exist, and leaves me for a real man, I cannot stay in las Vegas because of my car I simply cannot afford the registration and insurance
My call center job is still in a nose dive and it's not likely anybody will hire me into anything else and guaranteed zero chances on the strip, I tried, I failed and now its time to pick up and gp home

Old 01-25-2011, 07:01 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Davie,

I gave up on women years ago. I know no woman would ever want me now, but I could totally care less. I see the stress you and my other friends from Phoenix go through with their wives. No thanks The cons way outweigh the pros. As far as the dog, she has not died yet and hopefully she can be saved. Try to be positive. It is kind of strange that you are way more negative than me now.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 AM

208 posts, read 350,236 times
enjoy your solitude, for out there lies a woman in wait...

Old 01-25-2011, 07:21 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Davie,

I gave up on women years ago. I know no woman would ever want me now, but I could totally care less. I see the stress you and my other friends from Phoenix go through with their wives. No thanks The cons way outweigh the pros. As far as the dog, she has not died yet and hopefully she can be saved. Try to be positive. It is kind of strange that you are way more negative than me now.
Lvd, I've always been a negative person. I was just masking it with the false belief that things could actually go my way for JUST ONCE but I guesd even that is asking too much

I can't wait to go home

Old 01-25-2011, 08:07 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Our dog Lilly has come down violently ill, she threw up last night and has been shaking all night, I know how she got sick too. It was an accident but she accidentally got 1 lil gulp of my theraflu yesterday. Gf is furious with me and accused me of intentionally giving it to her, which I would NEVER do to a defenseless creature. Even worse I have to take Lilly to the vet today and I don't have the money for that, on top pf that, gfs bday is Saturday and after the whole vet thing I'm not gonna have enough cash to get her a gift. While its true I'm kinda waiting till the last minute, I'm doing my best. She said since I haven't planned anything, she's going to spend her bday without me

In spite of the fact that's Lilly's illness is accidental, I'm afraid its going to cause gf and I to break up. If tgat happens, I plan on saving what I can ans return to Orlando. Without her I have no reason to be in Las Vegas anymore, if I lose her that will be it for me, I will be single to thw day I die if she's not in the picture. No other woman in her right mind will go out with me, if there is another it will most likely be decades before I find her if ever.

W/ the exception of drinking LVD I actually like your quiet solitary lifestyle
I will be living that lifestyle once Lilly dies and gf totally forgets I even exist, and leaves me for a real man, I cannot stay in las Vegas because of my car I simply cannot afford the registration and insurance
My call center job is still in a nose dive and it's not likely anybody will hire me into anything else and guaranteed zero chances on the strip, I tried, I failed and now its time to pick up and gp home
Well, Davie, you do need to go home whether or not the gf doesn't break up with you because you will continue this cycle of manic depressive, bipolar behavior until you get some professional help. You go quickly from one extreme to another. Many are like this and it is not something that can't be worked on to better your life. When you are up, you are WAY up, but it's the WAY downs that will get you. Normal situations everyone faces in life (no matter where they live) are complete dead ends to you. You need to learn how to process those in your brain, in a more positive, effective way.

And, I will say, you had me fooled a bit with your false mask.

You are a perfect testimony (in written diary form since you started your LV research here) to a person who is not happy in their life in one city thinking that by the mere physical act of moving to another city, their life will be better. Doesn't work that way. And I do believe I have seen that advice given in the Las Vegas forum to people more than any other city forum. Yet, there are still those non-believers that do it anyway. And then we read that they ended up moving back home, still the unhappy people they were.

PEOPLE! THE CITY CANNOT, NOR WILL IT, FIX YOU! YOU have to fix YOU!!!

I once heard that if you want to be successful in something, find those who are and copy them.

Good luck, Davie! You have a lot of life left to learn and live!

Old 01-25-2011, 10:14 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Lvd, I've always been a negative person. I was just masking it with the false belief that things could actually go my way for JUST ONCE but I guesd even that is asking too much

I can't wait to go home
WARNING: the first time one of your parents ask where you're going...or what time you'll be back...the hair on the back of your neck will sand up.

What do you think going home, and back to your parents house, will do to your self esteem?

Whether you know it or not, your life has changed dramatically from this LV experience. It took you from being a boy and made you to a man. There is only one way you can successsfully go from here...and that's forward. Nature does not allow us to go backwards. Struggling is what makes success feel so wonderful...and struggling is part of every human's life. Even those that have money.

Pull up your bootstraps and take care of things...be a man. Else you'll be a certified loser...and your father's prophesy will be fulfilled. It was less than a month ago that were proclaiming how 2011 was going to be your year of success.

Last edited by jfkIII; 01-25-2011 at 11:28 AM..

Old 01-25-2011, 10:31 AM

762 posts, read 1,561,544 times
Davie, why would your GF just break up with you like that? Not much of a girlfriend.
Keep working on making your life great, "Things of value have no fear of time. " Your life will not change by moving, moving is the last thing that should be on your mind. IMHO
And anyone who can barely take care of themself should not have a dog. People should really think of a dog as a child. Very expensive, but very worth it.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:50 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
Looking at his posting times, his highs are in the day and lows are very late. Maybe he's been up drowning his sorrows?

Old 01-25-2011, 12:26 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Well, Davie, you do need to go home whether or not the gf doesn't break up with you because you will continue this cycle of manic depressive, bipolar behavior until you get some professional help. You go quickly from one extreme to another. Many are like this and it is not something that can't be worked on to better your life. When you are up, you are WAY up, but it's the WAY downs that will get you. Normal situations everyone faces in life (no matter where they live) are complete dead ends to you. You need to learn how to process those in your brain, in a more positive, effective way.

And, I will say, you had me fooled a bit with your false mask.

You are a perfect testimony (in written diary form since you started your LV research here) to a person who is not happy in their life in one city thinking that by the mere physical act of moving to another city, their life will be better. Doesn't work that way. And I do believe I have seen that advice given in the Las Vegas forum to people more than any other city forum. Yet, there are still those non-believers that do it anyway. And then we read that they ended up moving back home, still the unhappy people they were.

PEOPLE! THE CITY CANNOT, NOR WILL IT, FIX YOU! YOU have to fix YOU!!!

I once heard that if you want to be successful in something, find those who are and copy them.

Good luck, Davie! You have a lot of life left to learn and live!
Well said.
No matter where you go, there you are.
(You can't move away from yourself.)

Old 01-25-2011, 02:43 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
I have a cousin that just got married for the third time a few months ago. And now she posts in Facebook daily how he hurt her(apparently he had a girlfriend on the side) and she will never find love again, that no one will ever love her, she is a loser, blah blah blah. I gave up on her.
It is true: A person, a place, a thing will never make someone happy. Happiness comes from within. Negativity also comes from within. You can choose to have a nice day or a crappy day. No one makes that choice for you. Only you.

Davie, your girlfriend seems to bring you down a lot. If she wants to spend her birthday by herself, perhaps she should get her own apt and do just that. Losing her is not the end of your life. You are so young! There will be plenty more later on. When you are younger, everything is so serious and dramatic. Live life for awhile without a ball and chain, learn as you go and make something for yourself. Don't live through other people. Live for yourself and the rest will follow in time. Your life isn't over if you lose her. If you love them, set them free. If they come back, it was meant to be. If they don't, there are plenty of other fish in the sea.
Find a home for the puppy. You two are not ready for the fur children. They cost money and upkeep is very important. If you can't afford a vet visit, you cannot afford a dog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas