Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2009, 02:09 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times

Advertisements

That's cute about the dog. They are so much like kids, can learn a lot while young, so train him well.

Kimba, I haven't lived around mosquito's since leaving Calif. I forget how pesky they would be. That little buzzing in the ears and then wham! Suck the blood right out of my arms. I used to be covered in bites. At least the giant roaches don't fly and then bite us. That would be a living nightmare.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:26 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
That's cute about the dog. They are so much like kids, can learn a lot while young, so train him well.

Kimba, I haven't lived around mosquito's since leaving Calif. I forget how pesky they would be. That little buzzing in the ears and then wham! Suck the blood right out of my arms. I used to be covered in bites. At least the giant roaches don't fly and then bite us. That would be a living nightmare.
Believe it or not, we had tons of mosquito's in Phoenix, Arizona. I always had bites all over me. Now that I think about it, I have not seen any here in Vegas. Are they completely non existent here?

Old 08-21-2009, 08:09 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,623 times
We get a few. Standing water is an issue with the forclosed homes with pools. We had one next door, the guy was just letting the pool sit there due to he was going to be forclosed on. Had a couple big ones in my house. Luckly the bank took it over soon after and tried to clean up the pool.

Kimba, sorry to hear that you had to leave! But have fun with those grandbabies!

Old 08-21-2009, 12:30 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,319,896 times
Kimba, why do you go back and forth between Mi. and L.V?

Olecapt, what kind of dog did you get? I never had any trouble housebreaking dogs until the last 2 that we have now and that is because I read a new-age doggie psyche article that says a dog's self-esteem will be damaged if you spank him if he goes to the bathroom in the house. So, of course, not wanting to damage their self-esteem, I just began looking at the messes and then taking them directly outside. This went on for about 3 weeks until one day I lost it, drug the damned dog back to the mess he made, smacked him on the butt and put him outside. Housebroken from that moment on.........

Old 08-21-2009, 08:30 PM

84 posts, read 360,181 times
Default Parking is here!!!! I told you guys what was going to happen!!

13.1% unemployment.

Wow I am GLAD I left long time ago. To all you haters who hated me for blasting the truth; nothing to say. But I am just laughing at Nevada's unemployment rate.

Told you so

Old 08-21-2009, 08:37 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parking View Post
13.1% unemployment.

Wow I am GLAD I left long time ago. To all you haters who hated me for blasting the truth; nothing to say. But I am just laughing at Nevada's unemployment rate.

Told you so
Uhh Parking while we appreciate your insight...as I remember...

You were trying to make a living running pay parking systems in a town where free parking is the rule.

Not clever parking. And we are glad you made it back to civilization without damage.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:54 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
so where did you end up? houston? nyc?

Old 08-21-2009, 09:05 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
SanFran, if I remember correctly.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:25 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Kimba, why do you go back and forth between Mi. and LV?.

Long story, but the short version is that my husband is there working and I am here with my 15 yo daughter. We were all there but we were undecided as to whether we were going to buy or not (can't sell anything in MI, so we have a home here too), in the meantime hubby moved in the work condo to save some $$ and well, with 3 guys there it just wasn't the place I wanted my daughter, so we came back to MI and then we decided to buy a home, found one there and just decided it was better not to move her again. She would have been in a different HS.

Goes a lot deeper than that, but that's the gist. So, I go back and forth when I can. Hopefully, the economy will pick up so that I can sell this house here. If not...who knows, maybe I will give it over to one of my older kids. I hate MI weather, except spring.

I remember back when I first came looking for answers here, big question was about the bugs in LV. People, (mainly OC) pretty much told me to buck up and get over it, MI has many more yuck bugs. I thought, yeah but I KNOW these bugs-ha!...I cannot walk outside here without getting attacked by some bug. Flying, crawling, hopping...you name it. Since Wed. I have seen more spiders, crickets, mosquitos, moths, flies, worms, beetles...than I did in the whole total time I stayed there, which is over 7 mos-through summer and winter...so, it is true.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:27 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parking View Post
13.1% unemployment.

Told you so
Why are you laughing? We are all still working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas