Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 01:12 PM

37 posts, read 65,960 times

Advertisements

Kimba-this is what the soon to be LAS VEGAS SOBER,no longer LAS VEGAS DRUNK,needs to hear !!!! WE MUST ALL BE POSITIVE AND COME UP WITH "CLEAR,CUT IDEAS AND SOLUTIONS".YOU REALLY ARE A POSITIVE PERSON AND I KNOW "LAS VEGAS SOBER"WILL LEARN AND GROW WITH YOUR HELP-THANKS ALOT...SOME PRAYING WILL ALSO HELP OUR FRIENDS IN NEED,TAKE CARE

Old 09-11-2010, 02:16 PM

719 posts, read 1,552,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Did you figure it out? Whoever does, gets a present.

"walla walla cc is a cfh"???

Old 09-11-2010, 02:22 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Well everyone, I like my apartment. After I rubbed carpet deodorizer all over the carpet, it smells beautiful in here. I am happy to have my own place. I met my neigbor yesterday. He has been here 13 years and said it is safe. I have now been thinking I want to stay here. After posting in a thread today in the Phoenix section, my mind is made up. Whether I live or die, I am staying here. Phoenix is a city full of scumbag trash people who think they are better than everyone else. This thread below sealed my decision to stay here. I like the people in Vegas MUCH better.

//www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...ons-north.html

Edit: My posts start in the 3rd page at post #28.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:53 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I am hoping that after the effects of the alcohol wear off and the brain gets to thinking again, that hopefully LVD, you will find Phoenix isn't so terrible after all.
I hated Phoenix ever since I was a kid, way before I ever drank. I first left in 1995 but failed. I then came here in 2004 and failed again. I came back in March of 2006 and moved to Reno, failed after a month, and then headed here and made it ever since. I need to retract my previous statements. My biggest mistake was not moving to Vegas, it was increasing my drinking and gambling. I love this place so I am glad I got a reality check today on the Phoenix forum. The people in the Vegas forum are a great bunch of people who have been so supportive of me, even know I do not deserve it. The Phoenix forum is nothing but a bunch of scumbags, just like when I lived there. I have been carjacked with a knife put at my throat, robbed, multiple cars stolen and vandalized there. I have never had a problem here even once. I just need to get a hold of my drinking, and get my diet in check. As much as I do love my girlfriend, she has refused to even visit me here. She hates Vegas so it is best that I just stay phone friends with her, nothing else.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:59 PM

719 posts, read 1,552,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Well everyone, I like my apartment. After I rubbed carpet deodorizer all over the carpet, it smells beautiful in here. I am happy to have my own place. I met my neigbor yesterday. He has been here 13 years and said it is safe. I have now been thinking I want to stay here. After posting in a thread today in the Phoenix section, my mind is made up. Whether I live or die, I am staying here. Phoenix is a city full of scumbag trash people who think they are better than everyone else. This thread below sealed my decision to stay here. I like the people in Vegas MUCH better.

LVD,
I don't presume to know you, but I read back through a number of pages of this chat post and I gather you have a tough road ahead, due to medical issues. It also sounded like your #1 advocate is in PHX and not really anyone in Vegas. This could become crucial if you need someone to act on your behalf for the medical decisions and treatment you may face in the future, and may not be able to make on your own.
You have made it pretty clear you are an alcoholic. Living in Vegas alone and dealing with what sounds like serious depression is probably not a best case scenario for someone in your situation. If you have someone who cares that much about you in PHX, I strongly suggest you go and try to make major lifestyle changes. I'm assuming this person is NOT an enabler in PHX... I have a great deal of experience with addiction....Not pleasant.
I wish you all the best and hope that you find a happy place wherever that may be.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:24 PM

483 posts, read 853,970 times
LVD,

As you know, I've been following your recent plight with your recent diagnosis. If I were you, I would really consider leaving Las Vegas, it has too much temptation for someone in your position. Life is too short and the one that you have is not in great shape. Part of being a recovering alcholic is new beginnings, a fresh start. Just because you had a written tiff with someone on a forum, that shouldn't make you change your mind about moving to Phoenix. They aren't in your position, YOU are. Right now you have to do what you don't want to do but do what is best for you to do.

In my profession, I have seen many people with cirrhosis and all I can advise you is to do a total 360 with your life asap because it is a very serious diagnosis. My advice is to go to Phoenix, move in with your girl and research about medical assistance in Arizona. Contact alcoholic groups and the liver foundation group to see what help they can provide to you.

Good luck..

Old 09-11-2010, 05:06 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post

Yikes! There are some evil people out there. The "dog" subject is a touchy one for sure. I once asked a question about food in the pets forum and quickly backed out as it became a huge arguement over what kind of food is good and what kind is just abusive to feed them. Brings out the complete best in people. Glad they are not my owners!

I really like your status and the tone of this post. Much better than I have read in the past. You need to do what you are comfortable with in your life as doing the opposite will gradually (or quickly)send you into a depression that will cause you to revert to drinking and you won't care if you live or die. So, if you are truly happy where you are then take it "One Day at a Time" and eventually you will be able to form new relationships with people who do not drink and you will find that life is actually worth living.

The fact that you have done what you have, being drunk, and still manage to go to work, pay your bills, acquire things you need, help others out, speaks volumes for you. I can just imagine what you could do sober.

But, I wouldn't change my mind about Phoenix solely based on some cyber bully, who obviously get his kicks from knocking people when they are down. I get that you called him a couple names, but he TORE you up! Rude.

Hang in there!!!!

Old 09-11-2010, 05:24 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Default I Love LV

Rollin' down the 15 Freeway
A tall tan blonde at my side
Those big desert winds blowin hot all around
We was born to ride
Roll down the window
Put down the top
Crank up 98.5 baby, dont let the music stop
We gonna ride till we just cant ride no more

From Aliante to Green Valley
From the West Side to the East Side
Everybody's very happy
Cuz the sun is shinin' all the time
Looks like Another perfect day
I Love LV (We Love It)
I Love LV (We Love It)

Look at that mountain
But not many trees
Look at that gambler there
He's down on his knees
Look at these women
Ain't Nothing Like Em No Where

Decatur Blvd (We Love It)
Lake Mead Blvd (We Love It)
Martin Luther King Blvd (We Love It)
Fifth Street (We Love It, We Love It, We Love It)
We Love LV

I Love LV (We Love It)

I came up with this today. Thought I'd share it with you guys

Old 09-11-2010, 06:29 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD_JT_14221 View Post
"walla walla cc is a cfh"???
Nope.
Next.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:39 PM

208 posts, read 350,236 times
Kimba's right. You have to do what you're comfortable with and "take it one day at a time"...find some solid friends who've been through it and you'll be fine. Accept the challenge, and dont let anything beat you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas