Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 06:09 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times

Advertisements

Missed you MomMom! Got a little worried when I didn't hear from you for awhile and asked olecapt if he had...he told me that you were probably travelling. OMG...what a winter we have had (I'm sure your sister must've mentioned.) 15th snowiest in Albany at 84" for the season...and more coming tomorrow night (prediction 2-6 inches!)

Almost makes me want to move to Las Vegas!

Old 03-30-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Aqua, let me know if you need some food. I've got to make a donation to CC next week so I'll be in that area and can meet up with you with a box to get you fed.
That's a very nice geture, Golf.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:40 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Welcome back MomMom
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Missed you MomMom! Got a little worried when I didn't hear from you for awhile and asked olecapt if he had...he told me that you were probably travelling. OMG...what a winter we have had (I'm sure your sister must've mentioned.) 15th snowiest in Albany at 84" for the season...and more coming tomorrow night (prediction 2-6 inches!)

Almost makes me want to move to Las Vegas!
Thank you! Yes, the wrong coast is getting blasted again, did I hear hurricane?

Snow and wind, rain, cold temps, I just wouldn't be able to take it. I am enjoying the 80 degree day we are having and looking forward to my baking hot temps.

Tolerating the bad climate that you guys have back there just gets tougher as you get older. And yes, my sis is right now at the weather heading your way.

C'mon down to LV, jfk, you're about due for a trip here!

Old 03-30-2011, 06:50 PM

179 posts, read 389,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Oh I love it up here! So close to the Spring Mountains, I can walk to them!
Which ones are the Spring Mountains in 89129? Is that the area around Cliff Shadows before getting to Lone Mountain?

Does that stay cooler in that area because of the wind?

No snow in LV this year yet?

Just curious.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:01 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinnova View Post
aqua, let me know if you need some food. I've got to make a donation to cc next week so i'll be in that area and can meet up with you with a box to get you fed.
+1

Old 03-30-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Thank you!

Thank you! Yes, the wrong coast is getting blasted again, did I hear hurricane?

Snow and wind, rain, cold temps, I just wouldn't be able to take it. I am enjoying the 80 degree day we are having and looking forward to my baking hot temps.

Tolerating the bad climate that you guys have back there just gets tougher as you get older. And yes, my sis is right now at the weather heading your way.

C'mon down to LV, jfk, you're about due for a trip here!
I'm actually thinking about it. Remember my 85yo dad lives with us? Well, he's never been to brother's house in Summerlin. IF I can convince my dad to fly (he's fearful of flying) AND IF he can get his doctor's clearance AND IF my brother/SIL can get some time off to watch him while Mrs jfkIII and I go traipsing around LV...if all those stars align...it would be real nice break for us. Just exploring those options now.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:07 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:
Howdy Everybody! Been busy with friends in Cali, we rented out our house near Decatur/Vegas Dr and moved into our 89129 house! Been busy fixing it up and enjoying the view from the balcony, especially on such a gorgeous day!

I see you've all been busy in here, but it's so nice to "see" you are all still here and hopefully doing great. And it's nice to finally be able to relax a bit. Getting too old for this transporting and re-arranging of your entire household bit!
Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Heyla, gang!

Just checking back in. I'm alive, and still homeless. I've spent the last two nights outside, so let's see what happens tonight. I've got a friend my parents age watching out for me, so it's not too bad. If any of you want to reach me, please pm me, since I only get online at JobConnect roughly once a week these days.
Good to hear from you! How's the healing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Welcome back! It's always nice to hear from you! I just might take a little break from forum life soon here myself! I love 89129...we are practically neighbors!
Awww, where are you going? I enjoy your posts and your pictures! Keeps me anticipating!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times
To anyone who still hasn't done their taxes, I got mine done for free at the green valley library today. AARP apparently will help out people of any age if you make an appointment. He prepared the whole thing, e filed it and actually got me a refund when I thought I was going to owe!. Definitely a worthy recommendation.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:28 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times
In other news, it looks like it's official. Vegas is officially the worst city for allergies. I knew I had allergies back east but damn, not this bad. Although, this year has been slightly better than last.

Vegas Ranked Worst City For Allergies - Las Vegas News Story - KVVU Las Vegas

Old 03-30-2011, 08:54 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
In other news, it looks like it's official. Vegas is officially the worst city for allergies. I knew I had allergies back east but damn, not this bad. Although, this year has been slightly better than last.

Vegas Ranked Worst City For Allergies - Las Vegas News Story - KVVU Las Vegas

Mine has actually been worse this year then ever. I think all last week, I came out to a yellow blanket on our cars. Even looking at the parking lots, all the oil stains were kinda greenish yellow from the pollen. Starting to feel a little better, now that the wind has calmed down a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas