Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 01:12 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
That was one of my original plans too, than I met a girl right away and there went the monkey wrench into my plans. I wish talking to women wasn't so hard, I only seem to be confident enough to.talk to them after a drink ot 5 & there isn't enough alcohol in all of vegas to make even an average looking woman sleep with me
What's with all the poor me stuff? What is this doing for you?

Old 08-29-2011, 01:38 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
Im emotionally broken, every girl I meet is either taken or finds me unattractive

The negativity does me no good, but I don't know any other.way. The fact that SO MANY women I meet find me unattractive makes me feel even worse about myself

Old 08-29-2011, 01:42 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,942,825 times
Quote:
That was one of my original plans too, than I met a girl right away and there went the monkey wrench into my plans. I wish talking to women wasn't so hard, I only seem to be confident enough to.talk to them after a drink ot 5 & there isn't enough alcohol in all of vegas to make even an average looking woman sleep with me
Well, now you are back to your original plan. Not so bad. You didn't marry her or have children so....other than your momentary heartbreak, a little ding in your pride, and an apt to pay for...you are golden! Pick up your feet and keep moving on.

You will have dings in your original plans your whole life. How you deal with them is the key. Trust me, I wish that wasn't true, but it is. Speaking from one whose original plan was to be there with my husband, instead of here in MI for the past 2.5 years, trying to sell my house...oh how I could go on...and I am considerably older than you. Learning to deal with setbacks will make the difference in whether you make or break it. I wish I was 21 dealing with a heartache....oh what a relief it would be compared to where I am now.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:48 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,942,825 times
Quote:
Im emotionally broken, every girl I meet is either taken or finds me unattractive

The negativity does me no good, but I don't know any other.way. The fact that SO MANY women I meet find me unattractive makes me feel even worse about myself
And they TELL you that they think you are unattractive? I doubt it. Maybe it is just that you are not their type. If that is the case, be glad. Because if they go for you, after they yank your chain for a while, you will be faced with another heartbreak. The sun does not rise and set on relationships. Get to know you. Find some buddies. Hang out. Find some interests and go do them. You are young. Enjoy it before you are not and that happens FAST!

Quit searching for a relationship in a garbage can because you will only end up with garbage in the end. Go enjoy the nature around...get out of your car, ride your bike, hike, join a bowling league...whatever, just get out and do something you like to do. You will meet people.

Negativity breeds negativity. Get happy, be positive. You are in a good space right now. Nice place, car, job, tv (lol)...you know what I mean.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:54 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,805 times
Quote:
there isn't enough alcohol in all of vegas to make even an average looking woman sleep with me
I thought you were living with a girl?

Old 08-29-2011, 02:35 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
Davie....you need to bend WAY over....Grab yourself by the ears and pull real hard til you hear the POP of you pulling your head outta your AZZ.....this is n ot the end of the world but if you stand around whinning OH POOR ME you aint NEVER gonna get laid unbless you got $500 pasted to your head.

NOW that being said,,,,youre not a bad lookin kid....you are a NICE guy [when yo arent whining]

NOW get out there and DO it......

Please note, No smiley, no sarcasm face.....dead serious here.....

Last edited by dynimagelv; 08-29-2011 at 03:27 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 03:07 PM

208 posts, read 350,315 times
Quote:

They find you unattractive cuz you're a freakin' whiner ! quit your crying you big pu$$y.

Id give my left nut to be ugly and single instead of the married stud that i am

Old 08-29-2011, 03:16 PM

140 posts, read 277,480 times
Well Davie, I looked at your picture and I think you are very good-looking! I would definitely go out with you--if I were twenty years younger lol. Seriously though, take some time to grieve over your relationship, then get out there and do some stuff you enjoy like other posters have said. It's better to meet potential dates casually while you're doing activities you happen to enjoy. There are all kinds of meetups, or you could start a meetup if you don't see a group you like. Even if the people at the meetup are older than you it could lead to something--they could know of a friend's daughter, a niece etc that they might want to fix you up with etc. You have a cool, coveted Vegas job, you're really articulate, and you have depth. That's more than a lot of kids your age, in Vegas or anyplace! Chin up. You'll find someone nicer than your ex. Just remember: we accept the love we think that we deserve.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:24 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times
Davie,

It is not your looks that is the problem. Since I am older and been around the blocks a few times, I will lay it out for you.

1. You lack self-confidence: This is your main problem. Women do not want a man that is not confident. This is a deal breaker with women. Ask any of the lady's on the forum and you will find out I am 100% correct.

2. You do not know how to talk to women. You could be an ugly 200 pound fat guy (me) and get the chicks if you got game. Also, the worst thing you can do is try to pick up women after being intoxicated. Take it from me.

Honestly, I also have the exact same problems that I pointed out above.
The difference is, (unlike you) I personally want to be single and could care less about getting a women. Recently, this HOT women at work began pursuing me. I could not believe it, especially the way I look now. I honestly wanted nothing to do with it since I already have enough problems in my life and a woman would only add to it. Regardless, let the women come to you. The only girlfriends I have ever had came after me. Give it time and go on with your life.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:31 PM

437 posts, read 792,349 times
What happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas