Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 08:57 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
My husband was put on hospice which is such a blessing, he has a hospital bed now with rails so he doesn't fall out. A nurse comes once per week as well as an aid every day. I was loosing it and needed the help. He is weaker and can barely stand or move on his own. He is having a hard time swallowing or eating and meals take 2-3 hours. He is incontinent both ways and cannot dress or shower himself
So sorry to hear that. I am glad you have hospice coming in to help you through this.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:11 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
While in the quest to get caught up on my bills, one of my neighbors went and reported me to the Constable...YET AGAIN, now I have to register my car, which I will do Friday, and somehow clear up a supposed warrant from back in January since all I was told to do by the original constable was to pay the $100 fine and I would be ok, obviously Im not

I officially hate this state, I hate this town, and I cannot wait to get out. Im leaving first chance I get

Moving here was the biggest mistake of my life, I am no better as a person for having moved here, and now my life is ruined. Everybody in Florida told me not to leave abnd I didnt listen, now I am paying for it

As soon as I get this warrant cleared up, Im outta here
NOW yer pizzin me off Davie......its time to GROW a pair and stop whining.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:45 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Looks more like cyclothymic mood disorder. Doesn't seem to go as far as bi-polar.

Cyclothymia (cyclothymic disorder): Tests and diagnosis - MayoClinic.com

"Diagnostic criteria for cyclothymia include:
You've had numerous periods of elevated mood (hypomania) and numerous periods of depressive symptoms for at least two years
Your periods of stable moods usually last less than two months
You don't have manic episodes, major depression or schizoaffective disorder
Your symptoms aren't caused by substance abuse or a medical condition
Your symptoms significantly affect you socially, at work, at school or in other important functions".
It's not the number of nervous diseases and patients that has grown, but the number of doctors able to study the diseases. by Chekhov

One of the first duties of the physician is to educate the mases not to take medicine. by Osler

Medicine is the only profession that labors incessantly to destroy the reason for its existence. by Bryce

Old 08-30-2011, 10:51 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Good Lord, let's all take a trip back to when we were Davie's age and give him a huge break! My immaturity continued right up into my 30's and, in many ways, I'm still immature in a lot of ways!

Man up? Too early for that!
True. But. I guess we just didn't have a social media to let everyone in the world know our immature moments!

I don't know about all the "growing a pair"....aren't you guys BORN with them?

Old 08-30-2011, 11:29 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post

You've known about the car situation for some time now & had a chance to rectify it. You haven't. In the meantime, we've followed your progress (many of us rooting for you) as you moved to a nicer apartment & continue to spend money elsewhere, such as the plasma TV you mentioned. If you can afford those things, you can afford to register your car.
That's the bottom line right there with the car issue. I registered my car making quite a bit less. As for the rest, somehow I doubt Davie is any less messed up than the rest of us. I think he just doesn't have much of a filter on what he says and who he says it to.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:07 AM

328 posts, read 726,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
While in the quest to get caught up on my bills, one of my neighbors went and reported me to the Constable...YET AGAIN, now I have to register my car, which I will do Friday, and somehow clear up a supposed warrant from back in January since all I was told to do by the original constable was to pay the $100 fine and I would be ok, obviously Im not

I officially hate this state, I hate this town, and I cannot wait to get out. Im leaving first chance I get

Moving here was the biggest mistake of my life, I am no better as a person for having moved here, and now my life is ruined. Everybody in Florida told me not to leave abnd I didnt listen, now I am paying for it

As soon as I get this warrant cleared up, Im outta here
How do you know that it was a neighbor? Maybe it was your ex girlfriend. I'm just saying.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Did you unravel on a regular basis and then swing to near euphoria?

This is showing a definite pattern.
zzat is so true of me! Good guess! Very observant zzat is of you!

Old 08-31-2011, 09:01 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoo View Post
How do you know that it was a neighbor? Maybe it was your ex girlfriend. I'm just saying.
And if you doubt that an ex-gf would do something like that, check out this little confession to an online advice columnist:

Confessing to an ex boyfriend

About two years ago my then-boyfriend got a job offer at a large, global company for nearly a 40% pay raise. He was contractually obliged to give a month's notice at his old job and during that time I found out he cheated on me, amongst other things. To get back at him I logged into his email (he gave me his password previously) and wrote an email pretending to be him. The email detailed a drunken weekend out using recreational drugs, racist vents about my ex's then boss, and the last paragraph contained offensive remarks about the HR manager who recruited him. I sent it to the HR manager to make it look like he'd accidentally sent it to her instead of a friend - then deleted the email from his sent account. Naturally the company withdrew the job offer with the excuse that his position was no longer available. My ex was also not permitted to have his old job back, so he spent four months unemployed. To be honest, I feel no guilt over this event considering how much he lied to me - but something keeps nagging at me and I feel like I have to confess it to him. He probably has no idea what happened. Am I morally obliged to tell him, or should I keep it under wraps?

Advice from Slate's 'Dear Prudence' - The Washington Post

Old 08-31-2011, 09:21 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I don't know about all the "growing a pair"....aren't you guys BORN with them?
MOST are but some need a little ......gardening.......

Old 08-31-2011, 09:57 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
That's the bottom line right there with the car issue. I registered my car making quite a bit less. As for the rest, somehow I doubt Davie is any less messed up than the rest of us. I think he just doesn't have much of a filter on what he says and who he says it to.
Oh, how true that is! Maybe we should all remove our filters just so he doesn't feel so bad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas