Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 09:12 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Anyone going to either of the Romney fundraisers? Gee Whiz! For $25,000 you can actually have a face-to-face meeting with Mitt Romney! Ann's fundraiser is a bit pricier!

So the big question: If you can have a face-to-face meeting with Mitt for $25,000, what would $50,000 get you? Or if you donated $100,000? Or a million?

With me, a face-to-face meeting will only set you back $10! And if you give me $50? Yeah, yeah, yeah! I come cheap! But what a bargain!!!
Are you sure you are worth $10?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:17 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,161,845 times
Well maybe you guys are lucky. I don't know what it is then. For the past couple of years when I am out in the field with a couple hundred people at a time, someone always starts out with "hey man, can I use your phone? Mine isn't working"

Or

"Damn!!! My f*cking phone has zero f*cking bars again and it keeps dropping f*cking calls, every f*cking time...f*cking Sprint(T-Mobile)piece of sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!"

Everyone has to borrow the phone of the guy with a Verizon phone. Most of the time they are the only ones that can watch YouTube videos with no problems. I have AT&T and have had to use a Verizon cell once or twice out in Tonopah.

Sent from phone using app

Old 09-21-2012, 09:22 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Three years ago I was at the new phone moment and tried AT&T and somebody else. They both lasted two weeks. The only thing I care about is phone service in the city and particularly the NW part of Las Vegas.

So I am still with Verizon. I actually have lousy reception at home and have a femto tower.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:13 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,083,667 times
Look at the 4g lte maps and look at sprints coverage. It's almost non existent. As stated the ONLY benefit to Sprint is unlimited data. If you're grandfathered in with unlimited data on Verizon no matter what phone you choose pure golden.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:29 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,161,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
Look at the 4g lte maps and look at sprints coverage. It's almost non existent. As stated the ONLY benefit to Sprint is unlimited data. If you're grandfathered in with unlimited data on Verizon no matter what phone you choose pure golden.
I don't think the Sprint unlimited plan will last. Especially with them offering latest and greatest smart phones.

Sent from phone using app

Old 09-22-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Not so simple. I need to change out my main phone and they are claiming I have to go to the new plan...which I don't wish to do at all. It will also actually cost me money...I am a relatively light user of all but phone services. But the problem is my phone is now bad enough that I have to use a relay to the secondary to be sure of getting all calls.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:18 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times
Quote:

That was the deal, but they have since changed it. I think everybody will eventually be switched to their "new" plans. This really stinks because you have to get the data plan on any smartphone whether you use it or not.

Sprint does seem to have better family plans with unlimited data, but VZ coverage can not be beat. VZ is just ridiculous in price.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:20 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Not so simple. I need to change out my main phone and they are claiming I have to go to the new plan...which I don't wish to do at all. It will also actually cost me money...I am a relatively light user of all but phone services. But the problem is my phone is now bad enough that I have to use a relay to the secondary to be sure of getting all calls.

What if you purchased a VZ phone elsewhere, like eBay or something? I hate how they are doing it now.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:05 PM

78 posts, read 117,301 times
Default Last time I post free stuff on CL

I posted for free boxes and moving supplies since we had a ton left and most of it was in good shape. I remember how annoying (and expensive!) it was to gather all of the boxes, paper and supplies, and we didn't have time to wait for it to show up for free on Craigs' List. Anyway, I posted about it 3 days ago and got a ton of replies. I just went down the line. I don't want to put the stuff out on the curb because I think it's against HOA policy, and if no one took it I'd hate for it to go to waste. Two times, people said they would come and didn't show up - we sat around waiting. Yesterday someone finally came but couldn't fit all of it. Now, today, someone said they'd show and they blew me off! And didn't email until after the fact, but said they'd still like the stuff and can they pick it up tomorrow. Uhh, hello, I'm a nice person but I'm not here to sit around waiting for you to pick up free stuff at your leisure! No more Miss nice nurse B!. Find your own boxes! LOL, just a vent, thanks for letting me air that one out.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
What if you purchased a VZ phone elsewhere, like eBay or something? I hate how they are doing it now.
I actually have a spare that I could activate. But that is the problem. If I want to activate or change anything on the account they insist I upgrade (or downgrade) to the new plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas