Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 11:26 PM

990 posts, read 1,655,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Neither are most Americans.
And those are the ones who brought tumbleweed thorns (Russian Thistle) on the bottoms of their luggage when they migrated from the tumbleweed birthplace in Central Asia about 150 years ago.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:46 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Jonathan told me that Buzz died. Is this true? I will grieve that man.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:19 PM

990 posts, read 1,655,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Say "hi" to Jonathan for us.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:54 PM

2,851 posts, read 4,524,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

yes, quite sad

//www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...-has-died.html

Old 07-27-2017, 10:56 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,056,523 times
I took an extra-long bike ride last night, to the downtown area, and noticed that apartment building under construction at 9th @ Fremont, right next door to the Atomic Liquor Bar.

There's definitely going to be some issues with that bar next door piping out loud music. I was there at 3am and the music was still on. It's only inevitable that there's going to be some noise complaints from the new residents, count on it!

Old 07-28-2017, 08:17 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I took an extra-long bike ride last night, to the downtown area, and noticed that apartment building under construction at 9th @ Fremont, right next door to the Atomic Liquor Bar.

There's definitely going to be some issues with that bar next door piping out loud music. I was there at 3am and the music was still on. It's only inevitable that there's going to be some noise complaints from the new residents, count on it!
Well anyone who moves into an apartment next to a bar should know what they are in for.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:41 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,285 times
Hi, gang!

It's been a long time since I've posted here, so I thought that I'd drop by and say hi. It has been awhile. I just wanted to let you know what's been happening with me. I had a stroke on 6/9/15, and according to Dr. Del Mundo at North Vista Hospital, I almost died. He said that he had to do CPR on me, and that I fell off of the operating room table. My arms and legs have become very heavy, but that's getting better.When I look through my right eye, it's like being in a steam room. I can no longer walk, but I'm not worried about that. One of my friends here gave me (Thanks, Lois Orr) her old electric wheelchair. It's red, my favorite color. They cost a pretty penny, and it's like pulling teeth with lacquer chopsticks to get Medicaid to pay for one. I'm now living at St. Joseph's Rehab on West Charleston, right across the street from UMC in Room 101. I had a tracheostomy, but I was decannulated a number of months ago. I rarely get visitors. LVD has visited me a few times, and he gave me his old laptop (an Acer Aspire 5515) as a belated birthday (6/22/65) last year. It's not a bad computer, and I'm running Unbuntu Linux 14.04 LTS on it. I haven't seen LVD in a while, but he's given up drinking, and now lifts weights. He's lost a lot of weight and looks good. Jess divorced me. She didn't even give me a year and a day. Oh, well. We're still friends and see her post occasionally on Facebook, the same as LVD. I spend most of my time watching anime (I'm watching Maison Ikkoku right now. It's a good romantic comedy.) and posting on Facebook. If any of you are bored you can come visit me anytime. I'd love to have visitors. I've made friends with the staff, but's not the same as it is with the rest of you.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:35 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,711,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Well anyone who moves into an apartment next to a bar should know what they are in for.
When we lived in Des Moines they built some expensive condos downtown - right next to a set of railroad tracks that are the main lines through town.

After people bought them they started complaining about the train horns in the middle of the night.

You have to wonder what they thought when they drove over multiple sets of tracks on the way to look at them.

Old 07-29-2017, 07:03 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
Hi, gang!

It's been a long time since I've posted here, so I thought that I'd drop by and say hi. It has been awhile. I just wanted to let you know what's been happening with me. I had a stroke on 6/9/15, and according to Dr. Del Mundo at North Vista Hospital, I almost died. He said that he had to do CPR on me, and that I fell off of the operating room table. My arms and legs have become very heavy, but that's getting better.When I look through my right eye, it's like being in a steam room. I can no longer walk, but I'm not worried about that. One of my friends here gave me (Thanks, Lois Orr) her old electric wheelchair. It's red, my favorite color. They cost a pretty penny, and it's like pulling teeth with lacquer chopsticks to get Medicaid to pay for one. I'm now living at St. Joseph's Rehab on West Charleston, right across the street from UMC in Room 101. I had a tracheostomy, but I was decannulated a number of months ago. I rarely get visitors. LVD has visited me a few times, and he gave me his old laptop (an Acer Aspire 5515) as a belated birthday (6/22/65) last year. It's not a bad computer, and I'm running Unbuntu Linux 14.04 LTS on it. I haven't seen LVD in a while, but he's given up drinking, and now lifts weights. He's lost a lot of weight and looks good. Jess divorced me. She didn't even give me a year and a day. Oh, well. We're still friends and see her post occasionally on Facebook, the same as LVD. I spend most of my time watching anime (I'm watching Maison Ikkoku right now. It's a good romantic comedy.) and posting on Facebook. If any of you are bored you can come visit me anytime. I'd love to have visitors. I've made friends with the staff, but's not the same as it is with the rest of you.

Hi, aqualung8705! Good to hear from you. I remember you updated the thread about a year ago, was it, on your stroke? So you've been decannulated, so you are breathing on your own, you probably are on some Advair long-term breathing medicine with steroids, and some quick-relief breathing medicine like Albuterol, right? Good to hear from you. I'm over in the Kansas City area. I am glad that LVD is off the bottle and doing well, I recall him saying that a friend taught him how to do daytrading to make a good living. Good to hear. You take care - hard for me to visit from the Midwest here but it would cool if someone from the thread could stop by and see you. Nice to chat with you again, aqualung. You poor old salt, you see, it's only me.

Old 07-29-2017, 01:39 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Hi, aqualung8705! Good to hear from you. I remember you updated the thread about a year ago, was it, on your stroke? So you've been decannulated, so you are breathing on your own, you probably are on some Advair long-term breathing medicine with steroids, and some quick-relief breathing medicine like Albuterol, right? Good to hear from you. I'm over in the Kansas City area. I am glad that LVD is off the bottle and doing well, I recall him saying that a friend taught him how to do daytrading to make a good living. Good to hear. You take care - hard for me to visit from the Midwest here but it would cool if someone from the thread could stop by and see you. Nice to chat with you again, aqualung. You poor old salt, you see, it's only me.
It's good to hear from you too, Elkotronics. I don't know what meds are in the breathing treatment, but I get it several times a day. I also sleep with a bipap on. It's hard to sleep with, even considering a get a Norco and a Trazadone at least one hour before I go to sleep. Where are you in the midwest. LVD isn't doing any daytrading. He's a security guard who works seven days a week. All that he does is check out a sight a couple of times per day. It's a pretty easy job, but it doesn't pay much. He's lucky that he gets out to see the real world. The only time I ever get out of bed is when I go to a doctor's appointment, and take a CNA with me. I'd love to visit my street performer friends on the Fremont Street Experience and down on the Strip in front of the Coca-Cola store. I've heard that they think that I died. I'd like to prove that the rumors of my death are greatly exagerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas