Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 04:56 PM

460 posts, read 987,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Well, now that I have recuperated from last month's trip to South America, I am in the travelling mood once again. As today marks my one-year anniversary as a retiree, as a present to myself and my wife, I just finished booking our next trip: We depart next month for a few days in Miami followed by a two-week transatlantic voyage from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome, with several interim stops in Portugal, Spain, and Monte Carlo. We will then spend a week in Rome (a city I love, yet haven't been back to in over 15 years) before flying back to Las Vegas in late May.

We're then going to reverse the process in November by flying to Rome first, spending another few days touring southern Italy, and then boarding a different cruise ship for a return transatlantic voyage to Ft. Lauderdale and then a flight back to Vegas.

Now this is why I retired!
Sounds like a nice trip.

But you know, it's funny. I travel for a living. Been doing it for almost 30 years now. When I retire, I may never go anywhere again.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:32 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Well, now that I have recuperated from last month's trip to South America, I am in the travelling mood once again. As today marks my one-year anniversary as a retiree, as a present to myself and my wife, I just finished booking our next trip: We depart next month for a few days in Miami followed by a two-week transatlantic voyage from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome, with several interim stops in Portugal, Spain, and Monte Carlo. We will then spend a week in Rome (a city I love, yet haven't been back to in over 15 years) before flying back to Las Vegas in late May.

We're then going to reverse the process in November by flying to Rome first, spending another few days touring southern Italy, and then boarding a different cruise ship for a return transatlantic voyage to Ft. Lauderdale and then a flight back to Vegas.

Now this is why I retired!
Not nice to rub it in when so many in LV are hurting. It's bad karma.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:34 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muonic View Post
Sounds like a nice trip.

But you know, it's funny. I travel for a living. Been doing it for almost 30 years now. When I retire, I may never go anywhere again.
Yup - I did 6 million miles or so during my working life. Nowadays every other year to PV is about it. I won't even go back east if I can help it.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:38 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
What's PV?

Old 03-04-2011, 06:09 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
Puerto Vallarta?

Old 03-04-2011, 06:44 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
I think Olecapt is a spy.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:33 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I think Olecapt is a spy.
Actually did spend a couple of days in the basement of the CIA where anything strange is met with dudes with automatic weapons...and this was in the 60s.

And I had a report some years later who got a lot of CIA Attention...Though I only had to counsel him on how to keep the spooks from screwing up his travel . And actually I think his wife had a clearance that far overshadowed his.

But no..my secrets shall die with me.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:56 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I don't think MMOB is rubbing it in at all. More power to him that he worked hard and has a nice retired life.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Terrified I wasn't going to live long enough to do all my world travels when I retired, I wasn't taking any chances and it's a done deal! Now I'm down to weekend trips out of Las Vegas!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:57 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Three late nite trips to the Strip with my ferret this week. In one night he can get his photo taken a couple dozen times. I'm sure his "face" is all over Facebook by now, somewhere. Talked to a Chinese tourist last night at MGM, and he says ferrets go for $500 in Beijing.

Slowly, discovering every nook and cranny of the Strip. Swaths of green grass are hard to find, but last night we discovered that MGM still has all that green grass along Tropicana extending around the parking garage to Koval. Hooray says my ferret!

Treasure Island now has artifical turf along Twain (and artificial flowers), Wynn has the plastic turf, so that leaves Mirage, Caesar's Palace with some grass left. Gold Coast went all artifical turf.

Noticed a strong smell of urine outside Mandalay Bay the other nite leading down to Luxor, where the taxi's line up. Given that Treasure Island and Mirage provide restrooms for the taxi drivers, I didn't see any at Mandalay, which probably accounts for the urine smell. Taxi drivers don't want to exit their taxi's and take the long walk inside. They can't provide a Porta-toilet for the taxi drivers?

My ferret loves riding the moving sidewalks and escalators, and he knows how to step onto them and whisk him downwards or upwards, but he hasn't learned yet when to step off.

But I've created a monster. Can't get him to walk in my own grassy neighborhood anymore. It's too boring for him now! No moving sidewalks! But tonite, I'm going to make him suffer! We're going to take a walk in our neighborhood tonite, let him scream and yell! And will he call the animal abuse hotline when we return from our walk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas